I really hope that there is a typo in this article!!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i did enjoy the rampant speculation! I always say zen is my rainy day tables(fun themes, somes great modes..if you can figure them out) im glad farsight are still in the running

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Agree with a lot of this on this thread, looking forward to the Family Guy table, though hope Zen have worked some of the audio from clipping as it seemed in the SP tables.

For the most part I play TPA tables more frequently than I do the Zen tables. Though when I do go back to play Zen, I tend to go through more of the tables than I do with TPA.

Any news with Pinball either digitally or physically is more or likely good news with in the Pinball family.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is it a misquote because it should say Farsight instead of Zen? Or is it a misquote because there is not going to be a digital recreation of GoT?

I am relaying exactly what was communicated to me last night. Maybe [MENTION=3213]Mike Lindsey[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] want to come here and elaborate more?

As a reminder, this is exactly the exchange in Forum Questions With Bobby Pt. 1 from the BlahCade podcast #20:

Let’s flip that the other direction now, and talk about modern Stern tables. Apart from licensing issues, the emulation of S.A.M. machines has been said it can’t happen due to older devices and platforms not being able to handle the processing power needed. Are there plans in place to move forward on this? Is there a risk of FarSight losing part of the Stern license to someone like Zen due to not putting out an entire subset of their product? Does the new Spike system help or complicate matters?

BK - Stern would like to see more of their tables represented in digital form. Yes, there are plans - but I can't elaborate on the details quite yet. The Spike system is a new challenge, but I don't think it will prove to be any harder than emulating SAM.

While not the clearest of answers, I think it gives good indication that FarSight is still working with Stern, and as far as I know, still has the license for all physical tables Stern makes.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I don't think it was really a misquote. Zen is most likely going to work with Stern somehow, why else would their make a visit to their factory?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't think it was really a misquote. Zen is most likely going to work with Stern somehow, why else would their make a visit to their factory?

So the part where I tell you that FarSight directly told me it was a misquote, you don't believe?

I'm not denying Zen might have something up their sleeve, but let's not dismiss facts as given versus speculation. Until it is announced that FarSight no longer has the license for Stern tables, there is absolutely nothing Zen can do in terms of reproducing digitally physical Stern machines.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ok then. So it was incorrect. Therefore we have something to be excited about. The sentence should now read as this...

"Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present with FarSight. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine."

Now we have someone else besides Bobby concurring with this idea. C'mon! That's exciting!

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
The mention of Zen in the IGN article is a misquote. Phew :)

I am relaying exactly what was communicated to me last night. Maybe [MENTION=3213]Mike Lindsey[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] want to come here and elaborate more?

As a reminder, this is exactly the exchange in Forum Questions With Bobby Pt. 1 from the BlahCade podcast #20:

Let’s flip that the other direction now, and talk about modern Stern tables. Apart from licensing issues, the emulation of S.A.M. machines has been said it can’t happen due to older devices and platforms not being able to handle the processing power needed. Are there plans in place to move forward on this? Is there a risk of FarSight losing part of the Stern license to someone like Zen due to not putting out an entire subset of their product? Does the new Spike system help or complicate matters?

BK - Stern would like to see more of their tables represented in digital form. Yes, there are plans - but I can't elaborate on the details quite yet. The Spike system is a new challenge, but I don't think it will prove to be any harder than emulating SAM.

While not the clearest of answers, I think it gives good indication that FarSight is still working with Stern, and as far as I know, still has the license for all physical tables Stern makes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ok then. So it was incorrect. Therefore we have something to be excited about. The sentence should now read as this...

"Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present with FarSight. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine."

Now we have someone else besides Bobby concurring with this idea. C'mon! That's exciting!

Actually, I think the safest version of that quote would be this:

"Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine."

Or at least until we see what the correction (if IGN posts it) is.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
tumblr_inline_mxrc1aP5E21rbrja2.gif

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Actually, I think the safest version of that quote would be this:

"Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine."

Or at least until we see what the correction (if IGN posts it) is.

Just as exciting!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Phew.
Now we can complain that it is totally vague.
"the ultimate goal is to one day" sounds just like the usual "maybe soon" we are getting all the time. I may have a cyber pinball implant until then.
Now bring on them Stern tables farsight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts