It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Congratulations both on the purchase and on your birthday. What a great present to make oneself! :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I removed some more pieces to make it easier to clean.
IMG_4128.jpg

The adhesive backed foam behind targets on the playfield was either missing or easily came off.
IMG_4125.jpg

So I went to the hardware store and picked up a roll of weather stripping although I was looking for pre-cut but a roll will work.
IMG_4126.jpg

its the same color,thickness and density.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
While I was there i picked up some WAX.
IMG_4127.jpg

good for wood metal plastic and leather?
In the rubber kit I orderd I got the wrong post rubbers.
detail.jpg

it came with two of these type when I need these,
detail-1.jpg

no big deal there only $1 each.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Ok so after some research I found I can re-flatten my plastics that are warped in the oven.
I just pulled them out and they are FLAT!:) heres some before and after photos.
BEFORE
IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

this piece I was a little worried about because it has metal riveted to it but it got flatter just not FLAT because there is a slight crack where it was bent.
IMG_4139.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
IMG_4140.jpg

Now I just gotta slap it all back together and viola!
if I decide to do more modifications I know how to tear this thing down quickly:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I had Mr.T shrinky dinks. Its a different kind of plastic it will start degasing and bubble thats if left in heat too long or too hot too quick. I used the preheat oven to 250 degrees lay on a flat pan so you can slide them off with parchment paper then with a smooth surface compress I used 2 magazines and a heavy book with a little persuasion at first and let sit for a couple minutes. So I finally got it all back together!:) I spent all day with a final wipe down then Novus #2 then I put on 2 coats of WAX man my arms WAX ON WAX OFF not as easy when its a small area. I then began cleaning all plastics with Novus #2 and piecing it all together, in the places where the ball travels in the plastic I waxed too. So while listening to a HISTORIC game 1 of the world series with an occasional yelling frenzy as pablo went yard 3x's YES! YES! YES! I finally got it all together.....:) Mentally draining and im glad I dont have a more complicated table for my first (sorry kevlar) that thing looks intimidating and I just shopped this thing, but my confidence is +1 more. I still havnt put the silverjet balls in Im going to wax treat them first but even the old balls are noticeably faster!

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

I would have been alot faster putting this together if I knew what the hell I was doing first and its a good thing I took pictures because I actually needed them:p

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
A before and after photo:)
BEFORE
IMG_4033.jpg

and AFTER
IMG_4141.jpg

to be fair i made sure i used pictures with the same light on.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
There was alot of carbon soot from the electrical sparks over the years layerd on EVERYTHING bulbs under the plastics and just by removing all the build up regular bulbs are bright again but a custom set of LED's is in the works:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
My drop targets are not working :( I must have jarred something but I think I have a clue, I found a C-clip in the cabinet and I found a loose board that when I moved so did the drop targets now I just gotta find that clip and it may hold it in place.....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts