It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I gotta tear it down again:) but now I know what and how so it should be quick. Playing with the lights will be fun but time consuming, trying to find that perfect combo:) I'll maybe make a poll yeah wicth looks best? so within a week I'll get parts and then proceed to tear it down. take more pics by request if anybody wants.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Hey Skillshot, next time you have your playfield up in the air can you take a photo of the latch bars for holding the playfield up please? Somethings up with mine, they jam on the underside of the playfield. I just want to see what they are supposed to look like. Thx.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I posted a photo on here already of that...you mean the bolts that go through the sides of the cabinet that the table hinges on? I post some more 1 sec.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im still not sure what latch bars your talking about but if it the bolts that go through the table mine were a little loose but the nut on the end wasnt tightend allowing the table to shift from side to side when I opend it.
Hers the lever that just raises up and down and the table just rest on it.
DOWN
IMG_4186.jpg

UP
IMG_4187.jpg

I hope this helps and if not post a photo of what you got going on and maybe I can see a problem.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Skillshot, I meant the other end, on mine there are 2 skids and 2 latch bars about 6 inches long with a hook on one end. These are what's jamming on mine.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Hmm I dont know if mine has what your describing....post a pic on your table page I'm curious to know :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
That sounds about right Fuseball, mine are a bit bent out of shape and useless as they are.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I see what's wrong with mine now, on mine the 2 bars that are supposed to be perpendicular to the playfield are bend forwards approx 45 degrees like skids. Nothing lines up like this, I'll straighten them tomorrow. Thanks Fuseball.

karl

May 10, 2012
I Know nothing about this table but it looks like a ton of fun. (from your video) Some incredible restoring also Skill Shot, It looks brand new. There should be a list of people Farsight motivated into buying the real deal, something like buy a real table and get a special ball skin(or something else) on the pinball arcade. After all they said the reason for making tpa was to keep the pinball dream alive. Keep it rolling!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I'd love that, but I find myself playing older tables to make mine feel NEWER, and this "LAG" people speek of I can see after playing a REAL table.
TY. and alot more to come. Funny FS cant do this.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Got some parts in:)
IMG_4188.jpg

a battery relocator because I have a little corrosion on one of the leads so im just going to snip it off and solder this on.
some little rubbers that wernt in the kit and all new star posts.
IMG_4189.jpg

stapled to the invoice was a little bag of jelly belly jellybeans, the funny thing is Im closer to the factory then where I orderd them from:) I wonder if it was for halloween.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Going to hold off tearing it down until I get my LEDs some time next week then the FUN BEGINS!:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah but not all of them I think I'll keep the incandescent 89's in the ball shooting cannons we'll see as I orderd some super bright red and oranges and regular oranges and a bunch of orange blue green red yellow to try around the backglass besides the colord bulbs under same color lenses.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
After watching a short DIY video on youtube I decided to install my battery re-locator except first I needed to add length to the wire because it only came with a 6"inch lead so I added about a foot:) to do this you must first "tin" your wire witch is basically coating the raw wire with solder, after both ends of wire a coated they are solderd together then wrap a piec of electrical tape around the exposed solder connections.
IMG_4193.jpg

This is where and what I removed.
IMG_4191.jpg

with a pair of diagonal cutters I snipped the 6 pins connected to the battery holder.
IMG_4192.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So following the instructions from the video I solderd the positive to the first + and the negative to the last - completing a circuit.
IMG_4194.jpg

after i was happy with my soldering I put adhesive backed velcro on the battery holder and let it hang over the edge a little because there is an ON/OFF switch that didnt allow it to lay flush and the vecro will let le take it down for easier access.
IMG_4195.jpg

very easy to do and it all works with no corrosion:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts