It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I got the drop targets working:) Something must have been loose still not sure what but I just made sure all plugs were connected and put eyes on all the resistors didnt see anything unusual but when the drop targets pop up it with such force it makes the ball hop on the table if the balls within 2inches.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm getting a lot of flying balls on my table, were you before you replaced the foam behind the drop targets? ( I don't mean the balls that ARE supposed to fly on your table! ;) )

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah they still fly around but its faster now but before I cleaned if I hit the ball after a cannon shot it would pop up and smack the glass so I let them dead bounce, now it dosnt pop up as much but I hit it into the cannon lock and the ball didnt touch the table:) freaking line drive!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Hey you guys with a PS3 ? He will show off his table VIA PS3 Eyetoy video camera if you add him on buddies and beg him to show it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
And for non PS3 peeps here ya go:) Inspired by Kevlar to make a video myself. I cant help but get into it as you can hear me trying to be quiet:)
ENJOY!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The video dosnt do it justice. Your only getting some of the light show like Kevlar said maybe its better to watch it on youtube itself.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Wow! That really is something. It's amazing how much more effective the lighting is on the real thing compared to TPA. Such an unusual game too.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just noticed and Im not sure if it was planned by the artist with an extra tall backbox, the backglass reflection compliments the table art in the reflection for example BIG GUNS appears over the guns and even though its upsidedown it still looks like BIG GUNS and the bagatel reflects between the upper playfield flipprers. I tried to get a picture but the reflection is over powerd by the GI but IRL its uncanny they didnt design it with reflection in mind.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah the flashers are like a STROBE LIGHT bright in the dark and when it goes dark for a second it throws you off.:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So yesterday I met up with a guy who contacted me through pinside and he brought over his LED kit so I got to mess around with the differnt option lights he had like seeing what gi lighting would look like with cool whites or warm whites and neither I liked wich is good to know but I got to try my idea for progresive color change on the multipliers in the center table what I originaly invisioned was like a flame get changing color to the tip or as your multiplier increases the intensity increases:)
IMG_4155.jpg

Now you cant really tell in this picture but the top 2 lights are REALLY RED! and in this picture the yellows at the bottom look brighter in this photo than in real life, he gave me the 8 under these lenses 3xyello 3xwarm white 2xred the warm whites look orange and since I put these in it freed up some #555 bulbs to replace the other burnt out gaurd lights:) now only the 5x multiplier light dosnt work but thats not the bulb or the socket its another issue. I already reflowed the solder for the socket contacts that didnt do it so I might reflow where the pins for the power come from I just dont want to make it worse:( I mean I can live with 1 light out but DAMNIT! its right smack in the middle of the table and it just bugs me and it ruins my effect idea. But I know now that I can put color bulbs under red lenses and get a diffrent color other than RED so Im going to do this with the red arrows between the gaurds also to break up all the read.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Well got a prob with the 6x multiplier now it just blinks during gameplay but not in attract mode so i swapped in the least anoying and least bright LED yellow:) In the mean time to crutch my woes I orderd a whole new set of star posts in differnt colors to correspond with the color on the play field they are located, and a CUSTOM LED kit:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts