It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Every rubber is crusty and hard and every plastic is warped. The playfield paint is slightly faded and rough and im trying to find out if it will be better to just seal the original paint or attempt to restore it then coat it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT FARSIGHT! I might aswell be a living zombie scowering the earth for my next meal, or even better get my fix digitally and never leave me..my whatever zombies place is. K! I am now an official piniot! thats when you take a logical person introduce pinball and they go bat **** crazy 10+1! 11! on the pinscale...I ned help. No seriously this project I want all of you to help maybe even determine the fate of this machine in the case of a RE-SCHEME, just sayin.
Deer Father our heavenly ghost pinball be thy name.......

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Nice job on the RGB strip. I have a single strip along the bottom and up the back of 4 of my 5 machines all linked off the same controller but it's very bright in my little room with the 5 machines on and the RGB strip so I have it dimmed to its lowest setting.

Well done on the new machine. Did you sell BG?

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
still have both, and I purposely disconnected the G of RGB so now the RGB flask looks like the police just rd N bluel :p

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
flash looks RED n BLUE with the correct speed control, just need 2 do sdperate strings with different effects....Imma cause a siezure 1 way or another! :)

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
every plastic is warped.

Put them into an oven for 3-5 minutes (always have a look at it!) at 80°C (around 170°F) on the flattest surface you can find. Printing side up. I usually use a piece of laminated wood. Let it rest for 30 minutes. They are perfect again! (Plus the milky-ness is gone too)

Something like this: http://youtu.be/s5gRU55Q5M8

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
got some work done today
IMG_5528_zps7b04cb96.jpg

IMG_5523_zps6bf18af0.jpg

Its amazing how fast you can depopulate an EM the most Ive ever dissmantled a pin machine and Im not even close to being done this project is going to take a long time and test my skills and teach me new ones. Im still deciding how Im going to go about this. Im thinking I will need to clear and seal the PF first before I even attempt repainting anything I need something for new paint to stick to besides old flacky paint, thats also means Im going to have to knock down the paint itself hopefully without loosing alot or all of it...in that case Id just re-theme the dam thing! :)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I don't think you should paint it, it looks beautiful and is a wonderful piece of history! Maybe google around for art or antiques or furniture restoration and seal it and make it shine and maybe enhance it with some good lighting.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It has serious planking, I think it was kept outdoors under cover there was 2 mud dobber nests in the head and the delaminiation on the front and splits at the front right corner tells me this has seen heating and cooling cycles. I would love nothing more than to restore it to its ORIGINAL state because it will be correct for years to come but there is always that option to redo it completley. I live 2 blocks from a horse racing track and the jockey club is 1 block, Ideas of grandeur fill my head of bringing it there for the kentucky derby and split pfrofits. Even thought about getting race horse leggings for it! :p There are also motorcycle races there now so if I had to retheme Id go Mile Oval Motorcycle racing :) checkerd flags, chicks, bikes.
I found this really great site about restoration and I will be following this carefully and reaching out to pinside.
http://www.pinrepair.com/restore/index1.htm#bottom

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'll get around to making a video of all the modes and settings with some game play to show the sound detector working.
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac297/NoCalCann/IMG_5473_zpsf6075e29.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac297/NoCalCann/IMG_5474_zpsad2f0253.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac297/NoCalCann/IMG_5475_zps0fbc4097.jpg[IMG]
You can also adjust the brightness.[/QUOTE]
Oh god, I need to do that with my High Speed. Red and blue cabinet flashers would be *amazing*. Could possibly also put some at the back of the playfield just under the backbox. Seems like it would look epic.

So jelly of your Grand Lizard. I don't think many (if any) have made their way to Australia :(

PS. I've only just started reading this thread, congrats on your new (at the start of the year) job! Well done :)

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
TY I purposely disconnected the Green and selected R-G-B flash so it will flash RED-BLUE :) looks like the police. You could probably hook up small strips to flashers and pick RED or BLUE depending how its wired.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
So if you go the re-theme route what are you thinking about for the new theme? You could truly do just about anything for an EM when you think about it..

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
HUSTLER instead of PLAYBOY! :p how about Indian motorcycles instead of HARLEY :p Not sure but yeah the possibilities are limited to what I could think of and the rules of the table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well, thinking of rules on an EM is kinda pointless in a modern way of thinking. I mean, there's score progression and earning a bonus and usually that's it!

I think you should try and restore it the way it was. If that goes badly, THEN you could always re-theme it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If you re-theme, try and use the track in the center to your advantage. Any type of racing theme would be an obvious choice. But no need to limit yourself, be creative. The track could be used to even simulate buying a round of drinks in a pub themed pin. As much as I would love to see you keep the original theme, it would be interesting to see what you come up with. Best of luck with her SS.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts