My first table has arrived

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Considering that you bought it from a "reputable" company rather than a private owner, you should have reasonable grounds to expect it to work as described when delivered. Their stated (on their website) "average of 50 man hours returning the machine to its former glory" should get you a machine that works perfectly and with no bulbs missing or not working.

The Pinball Heaven site has some info on the Supercharger too...

http://www.pinballheaven.co.uk/shop/information.php?info_id=21

The fuse it blows is F103 I believe, so that is worth checking.

It's worth getting a stock of 3A Slow-blow and 5A Slow-blow fuses for the game. That covers most of the fuses that could blow during normal use. You can get 5A and 3.15A Time-lag fuses from Maplin, which do the job.

Another good posting...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-supercharger-stopping-balls

The third from last post by hypertrev looks particularly useful. That is how I would go about looking for the problem if it was constantly blowing the fuse.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Fuseball, f103 has indeed blown although I haven't replaced it yet and off out shortly as its my birthday. I'll have a go at it tomorrow. The guy in the shop I've been dealing with has been a complete jerk so far, when I told him by email that the supercharger doesn't work, when you hit balls into it they just roll back out ' he replied ' that's what's supposed to happen, the ball goes around the loop and rolls back out, it's a game of skill and timing '. What a complete twat!

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Sounds like the guy at Pinball Paradise is being a total idiot. Enjoy your birthday. We will get this sorted out. :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Bummer Kevlar:( if its any consolation my machine is in pieces for a thorough cleaning so Im not playing either. Happy belated B-DAY. How much did it cost you?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Too much I think now!. Was up for £1650, knocked him down to £1400. Hopefully replacing the fuse will sort the supercharger although if it blows straight away it's probably either a magnet, a transistor on the accelerator board or the board itself ( according to lots of posts on various sites ).

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Good luck Kevlar. I am sure it will be worth it in the end. It's a wonderful table. I am hoping to join the club soon. I tried to buy a Addams and Indy(williams) today but those things do not grow on trees here in Norway and you have to be a real gunslinger(quick on the money trigger) if want to catch one before it gets sold. 5 hours since the ad it looks like I am to late (not heard back from seller)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm happy to say that replacing the fuse has got the supercharger working, at least for now. I'm now feeling a lot happier with my purchase, the supercharger is awesome as is the light show. Have a few things to sort out, pop bumper caps to replace, few rubbers, adjustments etc. I think a guard or guide may be missing, if you hit a weak shot up the supercharger ramp it can fall out through the hole left when the diverter opens, the ball falling down on top of a piece of plastic and rolling down to jam between that plastic piece and the ramp, only way to get it back in play is to take the glass off. I'm getting a lot of airbourne balls bouncing off the stand up targets, the foam ( same as Skillshot replaced yesterday in his thread ) behind a lof of them is worn which I think is letting the target move back more and then launch the ball. Its quite entertaining but I don't think thats supposed to happen and is going to cause some damage if I don't sort it. Then there's the missing posts at the top of the left outlane to replace.

Overall I'm happy now, had quite a few games on it today, really enjoying it.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I think it's pretty weird/funny/cool that two dudes into Pinball and this game on different continents , both celebrated their Birthdays with the purchase of a dream Pinball machine in the month of October.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think it's pretty weird/funny/cool that two dudes into Pinball and this game on different continents , both celebrated their Birthdays with the purchase of a dream Pinball machine in the month of October.

Very true, I suspect I'm the older though at 47.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Indeed 33:) 40s the new 30 and so on. Great to hear your feeling better about your purchase. Now play at night listen to your own music with some suds in you.:)Get some instant auto detail spray and a micro fiber cloth spray the cloth give it a quick wipe then flip and wipe and the balls and youll be shocked how it plays.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Tbh dude after paying that much if a retailer id expect at least a fully functioning machine...what did he say about it?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've just about given up on him to be honest. He claimed it was all working but he contradicted himself left right and center. Regarding the supercharger he said ' that's what it's supposed to do ' when I said balls just roll back out. Then he said there were no errors on booting so it must have been fine, well there was still no errors on booting regarding the charger even though it didn't work. The biggest problem I had with him is this though, it was advertised on eBay as having LEDs throughout, but after a few messages with him through eBay we moved to private emails and made the sale outside of eBay. However when I discovered he has only fitted a few LED's not throughout as claimed he said ' well you didn't buy it through eBay ' in other words ' screw you!. After a few nasty emails back and forth he agreed to send a full LED kit, I'll believe it when I see it. Obviously a very dodgy character, I recommend everyone stay well away from pinball paradise.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I've just about given up on him to be honest. He claimed it was all working but he contradicted himself left right and center. Regarding the supercharger he said ' that's what it's supposed to do ' when I said balls just roll back out. Then he said there were no errors on booting so it must have been fine, well there was still no errors on booting regarding the charger even though it didn't work. The biggest problem I had with him is this though, it was advertised on eBay as having LEDs throughout, but after a few messages with him through eBay we moved to private emails and made the sale outside of eBay. However when I discovered he has only fitted a few LED's not throughout as claimed he said ' well you didn't buy it through eBay ' in other words ' screw you!. After a few nasty emails back and forth he agreed to send a full LED kit, I'll believe it when I see it. Obviously a very dodgy character, I recommend everyone stay well away from pinball paradise.

Hopefully you are giving him the appropriate bad seller rating , in the US Ebay removed the option for sellers to downrate buyers who have paid on time and are legit. So if it's the same in UK, let him have it , and warn fellow Ebayers .

Oh wait you bought it outside of Ebay? I guess you get to learn the lesson of why you don't do that. As a seller (German Cuckoo clocks these days) I have no interest in doing off Ebay deals with my buyers , I think for you other guys? If a seller wants to do a Ebay auction and exclude Ebay? That is a clue he's pulling a shady deal , he knows off Ebay transactions leave him free of ramifications for selling bad merchandise or just plain fraud .

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah that was my first mistake. The thing is if you go to their web page they look like a very respectable establishment, thats why I thought I was safe leaving eBay for the sale.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm not a very envious person in general but i gotta tell you that i'm probably the most jealous being on this board right now....i've turned twice as green.

As far as I know, the first shot up the supercharger should send it 3-9 times (starts game lit), and then it should come down the left return into the inlane.
After that it can be activated (I'm pretty sure it's the 4th gear award). It's also active during multiball to light the jackpot and super jackpots.

I read that the supercharger, having no moving parts aside from the diverter is among the most reliable toys ever designed. If you do have to replace it, you should be good, with proper maintenance as long as you have that table.

Also...when you lock your second ball, if you see 3 police cars in front of the donut shop, shift up then down twice quickly to activate secret mania.

Believe me, if they ever release this table in TPA i'll have the tactics and strategy guide before it's even released lol (4.2 billion on the VP full screen version).

Enjoy this game. Truly enjoy this game...if you ever want to be rid of it, please let me know first.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.