My first table has arrived

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks superballs, now I have the supercharger working I can see what a fantastic table it is. The supercharger has to be one of, if not the, coolest playfield toys ever. Thanks for the donut shop cheat, I didn't know that.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah that was my first mistake. The thing is if you go to their web page they look like a very respectable establishment, thats why I thought I was safe leaving eBay for the sale.

Yeah, their site does make them seem like a reputable place.....but their EM prices....ouch!

They want $1600 USD for Grand Slam....I've seen that on Craigslist for less than $500...

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
SuperB Never heard of secret mania. Neat tip.

Kevlar Sorry to hear of all the problems you ran into with this seller. This hassle will make it even sweeter when you have her cleaned and running properly. Thanks for sharing too. We can all learn from your experience.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Secret Mania will do your eyes in though - all those alternating flashing lights!!!

So pleased that you got the supercharger working. Pinball Paradise sound like a really dodgy bunch and I'm sorry that your first days of pinball ownership have been tarnished by their attitude. You wouldn't get that sort of dishonesty or evasiveness from collectors or even the other companies I have dealt with for parts.

If you could post a picture of where the balls drop through from a weak ramp shot, I can compare it to mine and see if there's a difference.

Have fun! :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
All in all its a learning experience and when you have none it starts with purchase:( I let my excitment cost me $$$ but not again infact I know how and what to look for so if I decide to get another I will thouroghly comb the machine and probably knock off another $1-200 of before i buy by pointing out flaws. You partialy experienced what I feard which was buy it then somethings wrong and I dont know what to do but the pinball comunity is vocal and sometimes local and generaly older crowd so theyer all cool old gamer nerds:)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
If you could post a picture of where the balls drop through from a weak ramp shot, I can compare it to mine and see if there's a difference.

I've been told to check 2 things, that the table is level and maybe reposition the supercharger by sliding it down the table a little to close the gap up a bit.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I've been told to check 2 things, that the table is level and maybe reposition the supercharger by sliding it down the table a little to close the gap up a bit.
Both those things sound possible. I don't recall mine ever having a ball fall through that gap, so it must be a minor adjustment.

There isn't much rubber on Getaway but I would recommend getting a rubber kit for it, and when you give it a thorough clean (regular pledge does the job beautifully on those Diamond Plate playfields) I would replace all the old rubber at the same time. It'll feel like new!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
What condition are your balls in?

still pretty pert but starting to drop :D . Actually the balls are brand new. I'm not sure about the incline of the playfield, the image in the manual doesn't seem to match up with the level on the playfield, is this steep enough or not;

img0347yyf.jpg

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Fuseball, could you post a photo of the posts at the top of the left outlane/kickback lane please? I need to source some for mine. I think they should be just black nylon bushes on posts but not sure.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Kevlar you got a smartphone? Download a spirit level/inclinometer app and pitch the playfield at 6 to 7 degrees.

Your pic shows it too steep, the nose of the bubble should be between the first and second lines.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Then it needs to be slightly steeper as the manual recommends between 6 to 7 degrees pitch.

You'll probably find that when the bubble is between first and second lines, you'll be there.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Fuseball, could you post a photo of the posts at the top of the left outlane/kickback lane please? I need to source some for mine. I think they should be just black nylon bushes on posts but not sure.

I should be able to do that tomorrow. It's the post at the end of the inlane guide, right? I think it's the same as the right inlane guide but I would need to check that. The post at the top of the outside of the kickback lane is a clear star post.

That spirit level looks shallow to me but I wouldn't trust it. A previous owner could easily have knocked it out of alignment. I generally use a spirit level to get the left-right balance correct and then tweak the front-back incline until it feels right. Some games are pickier about inclines than others. I think Getaway is quite forgiving and I remember CV as being very picky. :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I should be able to do that tomorrow. It's the post at the end of the inlane guide, right? I think it's the same as the right inlane guide but I would need to check that. The post at the top of the outside of the kickback lane is a clear star post.

I'm looking for what goes in this location;

img0339rpi.jpg

After getting it level today I gave the playfield a quick clean with pledge as sugested, nothing major just what I could reach without removing anything. Wow, what a difference, ball is a lot faster.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
No problem. I'm going to my folks' place tomorrow morning (where most of my games are) so I will check it out and take a photo for you. I think your assumption is correct - that it takes a couple of small metal posts, no wider than the lane guide. I will need to check if there are any nylon bushings on those ones though. Might be worth having a search around the inside of the cabinet, particularly the edges, as it's possible they fell in there when somebody serviced the game one time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.