My first table has arrived

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Its just hollow metal tube maybe you could improvise with some automobile brake line cut to lenghth or go to a hobby shop maybe fule line from an RC acting as a sheeth for the screws.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Thanks guys. Apparently it's a PN 02 4020 but no one seems to have them.

Yes. That's exactly the part. Any hollow tubing of roughly the right diameter and cut to the correct length would work as a substitute. I'm trying to think if I've seen anything like that used for other hobbies like jewellery-making. I have a Hobbycraft store local to me so I will have a look in there on Saturday.

Unfortunately I don't think it's a part that I've ever had any spares of.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I should be able to find something when I get back to work, I just need to know if its metal or nylon, I'm guessing black nylon like the bushes further down that lane behind the slingshot. I could make it out of anything but its important because its what you bounce the ball off when trying to nudge it out of there.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Theye are metal I tried taking picture and my batteries died:( The ball shouldn't contact them because the diameter is less than the guide above them.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I'm pretty sure it's metal. The ball should never actually touch the post itself as the lane guide is wider and at roughly the mid point of the ball height. On the left side there's really not much to bounce the ball off - no rubber at all really other than the clear star post between the kickback wall and the 1-2-3 targets.

The black nylon bushes are considerably thicker as they generally surround longer screws that support both lane guides and plastics, and need to hold those rock steady.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Oh right, thanks guys, I'll make some out of a bolt or something when I get back to work on Sunday. Been off for a few weeks.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
See what farsight has done to kevlar looking for scrap hollow tubing....mi rmeber when he just olayed angry birds....poor guy

Ive had alittle drink randy

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Should the posts be bare? I thought they should have rubbers on them.

It varies from game to game. I would say that most have a metal post at the top of the lane guide with a small rubber ring at ball height. However, you almost never get a post like that when there's a kickback in the outlane as it would likely interfere with the ball being kicked back out.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No I dont have a getaway I WISH!:) but like fuseball is saying I have a lane kickback on my left side so it has to be smooth where as on my right I have a post with a rubber wich wouldnt work if a ball went shooting past it. Im waiting for batteries to charge so I can post a pic for you:) CHARGE!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
OK heres pics. I hope you dont mind me posting my table on your table thread.
IMG_4147.jpg

they spin around on the screw so they arnt threaded.

Kick out lane.
IMG_4148.jpg

I have an extra one for some reason dont know why this is here?
IMG_4150.jpg

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Skillshot, so the tubes remain able to spin even after fully tightening? The pins must be shouldered then. Thanks, I can sort something out now based on the photos. Cheers.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Overtightening will cause excess wear and warping to plastic. Think of it as a sleeve. Metal is best, but put a dab and I mean a fingerprint full of grease beteween , the contact surfaces ,or you'll get BINDING.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Excellent photos SKILL_SHOT. Those posts look exactly like the ones on Getaway (and ST:TNG), and all your advice is spot-on. Gotta say, your Big Guns is cleaning up beautifully.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Here's a short video of me playing ( rather poorly! ) my table. Only managed to get one ball into the Supercharger, I have had 2 in there but haven't managed 3 yet. The music at the start of this clip really reminds me of an old shooter, think it was Gunhed on the pcengine. Video looks a lot better when watched directly on youtube, why is that? I don't just mean the resolution, I mean the frame rate, anyt time I watch a video embedded in a forum page the frame rate seems really bad but watch directly on youtube and I get the full frame rate of the clip. Is that the same for everyone?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Looks great, are you happy with it now Kevlar?

Yes more than happy now the supercharger is working, that could have been expensive to fix and no hope of the seller assuming any responsibiltiy. Its not perfect, lots of little things to do but thats what I wanted really, to be able to tinker around with it and learn how they work.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts