Round 5: Q&A With Bobby King: Answers

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Nooo.....that's my wife's birthday! She won't be happy, which will mean I'll be getting it in the neck all night cos it will probably be my fault!.

N

Nik Barbour

This is all moot anyway, since the world's ending on Dec. 21st, no matter what we do.

What!!! - I've just spent god only knows how much today on Christmas presents, and we aren't going to get there....
You could have mentioned this yesterday!

N

Nik Barbour

Big Shot is scripted and plays great. So it's not like it can't be done well.

Black Hole is good again on Android platform - never played a real one though.
Gorgar's great - but again, never played a real one.
I used to enjoy Black Knight in TPA till I got on the real thing and also started playing JPSalas's VP9 table. I don't play the TPA one now (I've activated the ball lock mod to the VP rom).

I think it's when people really intimately know the real table, the inaccuracies niggle at them.
I'm learning most of these machines for the first time, so I enjoy them regardless!

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I enjoy Black Hole, Gorgar, and Big Shot. Black Knight on the other hand not so much. And it issues go beyond the scripting. They didn't seem to put much effort into the basic artwork, so it's no surprise the scripting has issues.

N

Nik Barbour

True, Black Knight is a mess. Then bring on the EM's!

I love Big Shot so much, and yet I know nothing about EM's.
I'm more excited to discover these than any dmd era I haven't played.

I've even learned to love the bells.

Been discovering these one by one through Visual Pinball.
Drop Targets rule!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I would love it if they just refused to do any table made before 1985. Those who are fans of Centaur, Xenon, EBD, and others, just remember - a shoddy port of a good table = crappy table. This is all moot anyway, since the world's ending on Dec. 21st, no matter what we do.
Actually, I'm going to have to dissent, despite the fact I normally prefer alphanumeric and DMD tables. Eight Ball Deluxe, Fathom and Black Knight all recently arrived on location here, and I'm enjoying the first two immensely. (Black Knight, on the other hand, can go to hell for all I care!)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Actually, I'm going to have to dissent, despite the fact I normally prefer alphanumeric and DMD tables. Eight Ball Deluxe, Fathom and Black Knight all recently arrived on location here, and I'm enjoying the first two immensely. (Black Knight, on the other hand, can go to hell for all I care!)

If hell doesn't want it send it to me. ;)
Love that table

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Regarding question 2, the lighting: Bobby said "we can start looking into it now".

You know what this means, they see nothing wrong with the current lighting. :(
A slider would of course be perfect BUT a basic gamma / saturation / whatever setting would be a huge help.

Pin80

Nov 28, 2012
You know what this means, they see nothing wrong with the current lighting. :(

I don't really understand how anyone can tell that this game looks good. I love playing pinball on my PS3 and I would love to buy all the tables FS releases but I'm not going to do this as long as TPA graphics and lightning stays in it's current form. If you compare this game with Zen Pinball 2 it looks like it has been made 10 years ago and that's really sad :( because this game has great potential.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
We have been advised not to ROM emulate anything pre-1985. Getting the timing emulation CPU synced with the platform CPU is problematic.

We plan to script the gameplay like we're doing for Big Shot.

Who advised you to do this? I'm disappointed that you decided to use an "all in one" engine instead of retooling the game specifically for moblie platforms. It's disappointing that the more powerful platforms that are able to handle the emulation are getting inaccurate scripted tables like Black Knight. Even scripted, the way it is currently is a disappointment, especially compared to the scripted version in PHoF. I'm getting frustrated with the way the scripted tables are being handled, especially with the real tables and sources on the internet available for manuals.

Last edited:

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
It seems negativity has creeped into these boards from Facebook while I've been gone. Thanks for answering some questions Bobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts