A VERY dangerous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
1. Black Knight in its current form is an abomination.. not just for the visuals like others have said but also the scripting (why not just emulate this cot dam) the audio is also awful, the drop target countdown noise shouldn't be so effin' loud and constant. absolutely disgusting the way it is now

2. better physics: friction

3. parity of features between mobile and console when applicable... why no HOF scores or tournaments on consoles?

4. online multiplayer modes

5. give credits meaning

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
For me it has to be:

Fix all bugs on all the tables that members have highlighted (some have been in the game for ages, like the ones on CV)
Light and Dark ambient slider
Able to Config Button Layout (iOS)
Fix Tilt (iOS)
Improve general table sounds (have started to do this with the new improved bumper sounds)
Improve light shows, increase the intensity of flashers ect
Option to skip the 'Match' DMD sequence at the end of a game, what the point of including this if it doesnt actually give you anything
Option to change the number of balls (not for Tournament mode though)

Last edited:

topes521

Oct 16, 2012
1. Stop releasing new content, fix the MANY bugs in what's already released, fix posting to leaderboards, allow adjustable lighting, turn off family mode, & catch all platforms up to the currently released tables (as best as can be done, sorry XBox, PC).

2. Refer to 1

3. Refer to 2

4. Refer to 3

5. Refer to 4

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
1. iCade input.

2. Storage of scores and achievements when off WiFi and upload them when reconnected.

3. Counter of how many games you played on a table and sort UI tables accordingly. I would like to know how many games of Elvira I played.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Here's my Top 5 with 1 being the highest priority.

1) Fix all remaining reported game breaking or game altering bugs.

2) Update the flipper physics to include friction on the ball rolling up the flipper and make bounce passes, drop catches, live catches, etc. possible.

3) Enhance visuals and lighting which includes replacing low res textures with high res textures, implementing G.I lighting that is controlled by the ROM and improving flasher effects to illuminate near by objects and the surrounding playfield.

4) Allow the user to set the zoom and angle of each table to their preference and save settings on a per table basis.

5) Implement a Day/Night mode slider.

I really like all of these but would like to add:

6. FIX BLACK KNIGHT SCRIPTING!!! It was more accurate in the older PHOF:WC. Add multiball light show, it's sweet. Presentation is a big part of what makes these tables special, the designers made things happen for a reason. Your mission statement tells me that you should be striving for exact recreations.

7. More realistic sounds please. Grab a mic and record mechanical sounds, ball rolling, flippers flipping, etc.

8. Add Local tournament options like in PHOF:WC (Ability to choose # of tables and players and have the game choose tables at random and keep score)

9. A mode like the Williams Challenge that includes playing through all of the tables. (not sure what could be a good incentive for completing this, especially as more tables are added but you're the experts!:D )

Sorry for longer list than you asked for, but all of these are important to me.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
2. Storage of scores and achievements when off WiFi and upload them when reconnected.

3. Counter of how many games you played on a table and sort UI tables accordingly. I would like to know how many games of Elvira I played.

Yeah, I was limited to only 5 items but I'd add both of these to my list as well. I'd like to see more than just # of games played though - give me average score, # of games I quit, # of extra balls per game, blah blah blah.

Tabe

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
I am absolutely sure some Farsight employee is putting all those requests as a no.1 priority above the planned releases for tablets and phones.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I would say switch out the knocker and click sound that's supposed to be for the BOOM balloon popping up in CV. Also, in ToM, the knocker thwacks twice when you get a replay/special.

I would like an "External light" setting where you can make the room dark, and only the lights on the table illuminate the playfield.

Maybe throw in a ROM select? I mean, I'd love to see extra features in other ROMs on these tables.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I would say switch out the knocker and click sound that's supposed to be for the BOOM balloon popping up in CV.

It's that *still* an issue? I reported that same issue when that table came out on Android. I have a feeling that issue was fixed on Android. What platform are you on?

iamoneagain

Oct 4, 2012
All for iOS.

1. Auto detect Ipad version you are using and turn on advanced features (such as improved lighting, transparent ramps) if that version can handle it. Basically don't limit software to old hardware.
2. Nudge forward and improved nudging. Maybe have have a nudge joystick in bottom center to control how hard and which direction you are nudging (or any better suggestions out there)
3.Options for button placement or at very least move the Star Trek one
4. At least fix major bugs that either crash the app or get it stuck if have to prioritize them.
5. Minor but would like Improved flyer artwork resolution and ability to see backglass artwork.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
5. Minor but would like Improved flyer artwork resolution and ability to see backglass artwork.

I really must agree here. I love having the flyers, but to be honest, the resolution they're currently at makes them essentially worthless. If you're going to include them, do it right.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
What are your Top 5 complaints/product requests that you would like to see?

First of of I want to thank you for asking us what we would like. That is really a good thing to hear from a Farsight employee!

Keeping in mind I love the game, and out of the 400+ PS3 games I own I find myself playing this the most...

1. Fixes for the (Black Knight in particular needs help). Replacing low res textures see on CFTBL and a few others. (EXAMPLE PICTURE FROM CFTBL)

2. Please add the function to allow us to play music from our PS3 hard drives (either in menu, or via the XMB [HOME button]. (For playing music with tables that have very little in the way of music, or for playing
arcade ambiance mp3s (AS SEEN HERE)

3. Replace the low resolution flyers with higher, 1080p compliant scans. (AS SEEN IN THIS THREAD)

4. PS3/Vita "Cross Controller" Support (AS SEEN IN THIS THREAD)

5. Something to do with our credits. Buying ball skins, unlocking music tracks, etc.. (AS SEEN IN THIS THREAD)

PS I want a Gorgar plushi. ;)
StuffedGorgar-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts