A VERY dangerous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I think as said before. Everything has been brought up. We need a summary of requests and only hope for new requests that have not been mentioned

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
My suggestions have already been mentioned, some of them several times. I would like to see all of these suggestions put into an action register or some other sort of priority list. Make a separate list for known bugs. Publish those lists with the newsletter, make them a sticky here on the forum, whatever. This way, people can just go to the list rather than wondering if their pet gripe is still on the radar, when you hope to address it and,possibly, what the hurdles are.

Kudos for coming to the community for this kind of feedback. If you now show us what you are doing with this information, you will be pioneers in the developer world.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Maybe throw in a ROM select? I mean, I'd love to see extra features in other ROMs on these tables.

They are limited by contract to releasing the tables in exactly the same configuration as the production model.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
They are limited by contract to releasing the tables in exactly the same configuration as the production model.

I guess you have a point, there, but I'd love to see a 2.0H version of CV. Include that I'm one that likes eater eggs, and some only exist on certain ROMs, that's why I was asking, lol.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
As we seem to have covered all our requests, maybe Rob Mann should start a poll thread with all suggested ideas and then run it for a couple of days and the top 5 get priority? Would that make it easier for Rob to track?

Last edited:
N

netizen

Option to skip the 'Match' DMD sequence at the end of a game, what the point of including this if it doesnt actually give you anything
Option to change the number of balls (not for Tournament mode though)

Those are features in the operators menu. Eventually, maybe, all the emulated tables will have access to the operators menu. If we are lucky and the Pro Mode idea hasn't gone over like a lead balloon already.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
My current platform is iOS on iPad.

Let me firstly say that I play Pinball Arcade more than any other game on any other platform; pretty much on a daily basis and I think all things considered you guys are doing a great job.

I only have a few issues presently:

Fix the remaining issues with Circus Voltaire (I don't know the real table so this is only what is obvious to me): camera lock issues and general ball lock issues relating to Highwire Multi-ball.

Either emulate or refine scripting for Black Knight relating to multiball lights and sounds (though I will not join anyone else in slating what we currently have).

Fix the nudge settings. This has been broken for a very long time. Basically it seems the game stops registering it after awhile and you need to toggle through the options to get nudging working again.

My last item is a request that has been long desired by myself and others: per-table camera angle settings. I see that ball skins I choose are remembered between play sessions and camera angles are a lot more important to play than that!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
As we seem to have covered all our requests, maybe Rob Mann should start a poll thread with all suggested ideas and then run it for a couple of days and the top 5 get priority? Would that make it easier for Rob to track?

Not a bad idea...how about it Rob?

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
It's been mentioned several times above (and I've previously reported it as a bug to Farsight directly), but shake to nudge really needs fixing on iOS. It works perfectly on Android, so would be great if it could be fixed on iOS please to make the game playable on the iPad. (perhaps harsh words but every single time I start a game in iPad I end up instead switching to my Android tablet). Other than that, it's a great game. :)

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012

Sounds good

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Option to skip the 'Match' DMD sequence at the end of a game, what the point of including this if it doesnt actually give you anything
Option to change the number of balls (not for Tournament mode though)

Those are features in the operators menu. Eventually, maybe, all the emulated tables will have access to the operators menu. If we are lucky and the Pro Mode idea hasn't gone over like a lead balloon already.

Most (all?) SS games allow you to begin a new game immediately while the match animation is running, though, to skip it completely (would be a dumb thing to do in a paid arcade, but pretty safe on freeplay). It's not something that would have to be enabled in the settings.
The major issue here isn't the ROM, but the TPA interface, that doesn't load up its own built in high score table until after the pointless (and usually way too long) DMD animation. Does TPA even register your score "officially" if you don't wait out?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Either emulate or refine scripting for Black Knight relating to multiball lights and sounds (though I will not join anyone else in slating what we currently have).

That is because you don't play on consoles ;) visually the mobile version is far better on Black Knight. Something got butchered in the process of putting it on the PS3.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Guess I'll have to see how it looks on Wii U, though I seem to have read in another thread the art assets for PS3 were being fixed?

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The leaderboards need to be separated especially considering the scoring difference between the different devices. BoP rolls over at 10 billion on the PS Vita so I am forced to stop playing sometimes when I am still on my first ball, even though you can get higher scores on other systems. These differences between the systems makes the leaderboards essentially useless for some of the tables.

night

May 18, 2012
iOS/Android.

Twillight Zone:

-Fix the hazey looking clock, you can hardly see it. There is no illusion of transparent plastic here, it looks unclear, grey, dull. Better to leave the front 'open' and the sides as they are, this will give enough illusion of transparency.
-Desaturate the blue color on the table a bit, it really hurts the eyes now.
-Where are the shadows of the elements on the table? Add shadows! Look at what you guys did with tables like FunHouse and Attack from Mars, so well done. Why not with this $$$ table? For crying out loud, add shadows!!!!!!

Last edited:

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
if we have a poll then only 5 topics will be addressed and the point of this thread was to look at the issues of the community as a whole... since some things are so splintered between mobile and console/pc then a vote may be 4 things applying to mobiles and 1 to consoles... not cool man

also i think putting a poll up would mean they only look at the top ones in the poll seriously and not all of them... remember this poll isn't to change anything, just to investigate the idea.... in that case I say look into them all if there's been enough hubub over the issue

also I know I already listed my 5 but I thought it would be cool to have a sound test option, maybe even as part of pro mode (grumble) but whatever... like in older games where you can go through a menu and hear all the sound clips... would be great fun for certain tables IMO

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
if we have a poll then only 5 topics will be addressed and the point of this thread was to look at the issues of the community as a whole... since some things are so splintered between mobile and console/pc then a vote may be 4 things applying to mobiles and 1 to consoles... not cool man

also i think putting a poll up would mean they only look at the top ones in the poll seriously and not all of them... remember this poll isn't to change anything, just to investigate the idea.... in that case I say look into them all if there's been enough hubub over the issue

also I know I already listed my 5 but I thought it would be cool to have a sound test option, maybe even as part of pro mode (grumble) but whatever... like in older games where you can go through a menu and hear all the sound clips... would be great fun for certain tables IMO

I went through the MM pro menu today and there is definitely a sound test option, but it plays while the menu music is playing.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

Rob stated that he wanted to know what the top 5 request/fixes are...

Ok guys. I know this is a MASSIVE can of worms that will lead to the collapse of the internet, but for the sake of the company I must face this head-on and ask:

What are your Top 5 complaints/product requests that you would like to see?

By having a poll of ALL the suggestions in this thread then Rob can easily see what the top 5 are!.

night

May 18, 2012
Rob stated that he wanted to know what the top 5 request/fixes are...

By having a poll of ALL the suggestions in this thread then Rob can easily see what the top 5 are!.

Predictable. On top:

1. Fix bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts