A VERY dangerous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
1) Nudge functionality needs improving on mobile platform. User definable selection areas for flippers and nudge controls.

2) Controller support and mapping of controls for mobile platform.

3) Tighten up security on leaderboards so less likely to get hacked. FS to monitor and remove such scores (take a look at top 2 scores on Genie!!!! WTF!?). Separate leaderboards for iOs and Android.

4) More bug fixes, stuff like the open gate issue in Black Hole on Xbox and right orbit bug on AFM are very annoying and easy to fix. Change log must be provided with every new release.

5) keep improving flipper physics

6) portrait mode for consoles

keep up the good work.

CenoByte

Nov 10, 2012
First off this is an excellent game!

The biggest problem on tablets for me is that it is possible to accidentally activate the Android bar at the bottom of the screen (where the 'back' and 'home' buttons live). This is done by the base of the thumb when squeezing the tab to activate the flipper (especially during multiball!).

I play in landscape mode on Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Nexus 10.
On the Nexus 10 this seems to disable the right flipper, and on the Galaxy Tab causes the game to pause.
It may be possible to hide this bar on some devices but I haven't found a way to do it.

I would like the nudge to take both direction and strength from the accelerometer, (Currently it is just left/right?).
Since the tilt mechanism on a real table is meant to prevent excessive nudging, I'm not sure that it should be possible to tune the nudge response to suit ones own needs. Isn't the challenge to nudge within the constraints of the table?

The ability to remove tables to save space would also be good.

An 'update all tables' option would also be good.

The ability to view the table should be a standard feature, not Pro only.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
3) Separate leaderboards for iOs and Android.

Great suggestion :)
i get the sense the playing field across platforms is quite uneven. This would provide a better competitive sense of one's standing/achievements

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Separate leaderboards for iOs and Android.
Why exactly? What advantage does iOS or Android have over the other? They're both touch screen devices so surely it's pretty level as it stands.

Get PS3 and Vita scores into their own leaderboards though.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Why exactly? What advantage does iOS or Android have over the other? They're both touch screen devices so surely it's pretty level as it stands..

Given they are a different code stream, I can't see how they can be a level playing field. Android is bad enough standalone given the vast ecosytem and device spread, never mind adding in iOS too.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Given they are a different code stream, I can't see how they can be a level playing field. Android is bad enough standalone given the vast ecosytem and device spread, never mind adding in iOS too.

The physics on mobile platforms are identical, I've actual got access to both Android and iOS so I can test this.

Debelius

Jun 26, 2012
Many thanks for this thread.

In addition to a few things already posted, is it possible to merge the free and paid versions of the app

Cheers

Paul

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here's my Top 5 with 1 being the highest priority.

1) Fix all remaining reported game breaking or game altering bugs.

2) Update the flipper physics to include friction on the ball rolling up the flipper and make bounce passes, drop catches, live catches, etc. possible.

3) Enhance visuals and lighting which includes replacing low res textures with high res textures, implementing G.I lighting that is controlled by the ROM and improving flasher effects to illuminate near by objects and the surrounding playfield.

4) Allow the user to set the zoom and angle of each table to their preference and save settings on a per table basis.

5) Implement a Day/Night mode slider.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here's my Top 5 with 1 being the highest priority.

1) Fix all remaining reported game breaking or game altering bugs.

2) Update the flipper physics to include friction on the ball rolling up the flipper and make bounce passes, drop catches, live catches, etc. possible.

3) Enhance visuals and lighting which includes replacing low res textures with high res textures, implementing G.I lighting that is controlled by the ROM and improving flasher effects to illuminate near by objects and the surrounding playfield.

4) Allow the user to set the zoom and angle of each table to their preference and save settings on a per table basis.

5) Implement a Day/Night mode slider.

PW nailed it.

The only thing I would add is to echo what others have said about touchscreen nudging. It's insanely difficult to nudge on my ipad because only the top half of the screen can be used for nudging. I think Gord's suggestion about touch regions is a great one. I'd also like to see shake nudging improved as it's way too sensitive in landscape. Also, the touch nudging is backwards: tapping the right side of the screen should nudge the table from the right, instead of to the right. I'm actually very surprised this has never been fixed...

Thanks Rob!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
The physics on mobile platforms are identical, I've actual got access to both Android and iOS so I can test this.

that's good to know.............. but I still don't feel comfortable trusting scores across 2 separate code streams. I guess there are too many variables across the mobile platform full stop, which why I prefer the Xbox as provides a more consistent level playing field for comparing scores.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
1. (Mobile) Re-set RBION leaderboards as it has been promised for top 52 spots.
2. (Mobile) Allow tournament scores to post on Leaderboards and Hall of Fame points.

Day

Jan 9, 2013

I interpreted xAzatothx's original remark as being to inclusively lump iOS and Android together, & seperate both on their own leaderboard from the consoles. Perhaps alternatively, a bracketed platform indicator after username and score could be adopted for the current all-inclusive leaderboard.

Generally speaking, playing on a touch screen interface is a wholly different experience to playing with a gamepad/controller. Specific to PA and tablet, I've tried sixaxis controller with Android. i decided my thumbs are more responsive and the connection with the flippers feels closer with direct thumb-to-screen inputs)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
The only difference in the code for various platforms should be the parts related to interface, sounds and graphics.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
For Android (in order of priority)

1. Keyboard/controller support (let us choose the controller we want to use, not locked to a brand).

2. High-detail table models. Get some tasks off Ryan's and Jason's plate so he can give us this heavily in-demand feature for the growing user base of tablet users.

3. HDMI Portrait Support (only landscape at the moment). Playing on a large LCD in portrait mode would blow my mind. I am aware if the challenges with menu assets, but based on your track record, the devs can do anything...

4. High res menus for my mates on here with N10 devices. They won't be the last of these new breed of android tablets.

5. Keep working that dynamic alpha blended lighting effect you have going on in AFM. Truly awesome, and something I really wasn't expecting for mobile.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
1. Make it possible to submit any offline achieved highscores to the online leaderboards, as soon as an internet connection is available. At the same time: minimize freezes resulting from the game trying to connect to the online leaderboards when there is only a poor or no signal.

J_R

May 31, 2012
i like this.

1. Lighting slider
2. Ambient arcade sounds w/ volume slider
3. Favorite tables filter/button

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
1. Bug fixes (already identified) on existing tables like Cirqus Voltaire: Highwire ball lock breaks the camera view, preventing the plunger view from displaying properly & balls flying out of the backglass during Canon Ball Run (both are readily reproducible)

2. High score backup. Yes, there is already a "Back up save data & Restore save data" but it seemingly does nothing (unless I'm missing something)

3. Lingering bug fixes (more)

4. Brightness/gamma slider (saved on a per table basis)

5. Save camera positions (saved on a per table basis)

6. Performance improvements (why did iOS 6.x introduce stuttering on iPad 2/iPad mini/iPhone 4 on some tables when the tables were fine under iOS 5.x) if possible

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This thread is probably going to grow and grow, it would be nice if every now and then Rob could give a bit of feedback on sugestions made so far?

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
-customisable keyboard inputs to allow rootless controller play.
-General bug fixing in all released tables to be addressed.
-New and improved physics applied to older tables
-For the game to remember your preferences. If I set it to shake-nudge it stays that way (for camera preferences this is already the case)
-Tournament scores also get saved to the leaderboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.