Alien Crush and other early video pinball games

N

Nik Barbour

While not orignal i highly Rate pce.emu for ios from cydia....youve never seen a game so clear!

Alien and devil!

Oh my

Robert Broglia's Emulators are all amazing! I think I have them all now for Android. He's releasing a GBA one this week apparently!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Jaki Crush is one I need to put more time into. Also, if you check the hardcoregaming101 link in my OP, there was also an unofficial sequel to Devil Crush, but it looks kinda crap to me. :)

That was Dragon's Revenge, it was made by Tengen. I had it on my MD and it was enjoyable, but not in the same league as Devil Crash.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I played a hell of a lot of Alien Crush on PC Engine, followed by a whole bunch of Devil Crash when that came out. Me and my mates would spend whole weekends just smoking joints, drinking tea and playing those tables. Good times.

Which poor bastard had to conjour up the willpower to physically move and brew the tea?!

I made an arse of myself a few years ago while playing TAF too stoned. The ball didn't kick out so I called the attendant and told him the ball had gone missing. He just shook his head and pointed to the plunger lane and walked off.

I'n my haze I hadn't noticed that the ball had drained and the next one was waiting for me to plunge!

Anyway due to bad customer service in this particular part of the service industry I only smoke cigarettes now :)

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Woah, this one completely slipped under my radar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrUVLj_HiQ

Necronomicon for the Sega Saturn (J only) - Man, listen to that awesome 80's power metal for the multiball!

Edit: The reason the music is awesome is because it's supplied by Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci. Nice!

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I liked Alien Crush but Devil's Crush was a lot better. Loved that game.

My first exposure to pinball video games was Video Pinball on the 2600. I remember playing that with my dad and driving him crazy because I had figured out how to nudge without tilting. Gave me great control of the ball :) I still remember the day I rolled the score on there and got 1,069,000.

I've been hooked on pinball video games ever since. Pinball on the NES, various games on the Genesis & SNES, Pro Pinball and Hyper Pinball and others on the Saturn, Big Race USA on the PSX, PHOF on PS2 & PS3, Night Mission Pinball on the Apple II, and untold dozens on the PC.

Tabe

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I've went back and played both Alien Crush and Devil's Crush, and I like them both, but I seem to be in the minority that Alien Crush is a tighter game all around.

Anyone played Time Cruise? I'm interested in this one because it's actually Time Cruise II in Japan - and I can find NOTHING at all on the original Time Cruise. Anyone know anything about it? It doesn't look like it came out for the PC Engine, maybe another system?

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Woah, this one completely slipped under my radar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrUVLj_HiQ

Necronomicon for the Sega Saturn (J only) - Man, listen to that awesome 80's power metal for the multiball!

Edit: The reason the music is awesome is because it's supplied by Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci. Nice!

It's made by Kaze, the same company that did Super Pinball Behind the Mask SNES, the JP only Super Pinball II Amazing Odyssey SFC, and Last Gladiatiors Saturn. I have both Super Pinballs and I like them both. I definitely plan to get last gladiators. I'm on the fence towards Necronomicon. I heard it's the best gameplay wise, but I'm not a fan of the theme.

I've went back and played both Alien Crush and Devil's Crush, and I like them both, but I seem to be in the minority that Alien Crush is a tighter game all around.

Anyone played Time Cruise? I'm interested in this one because it's actually Time Cruise II in Japan - and I can find NOTHING at all on the original Time Cruise. Anyone know anything about it? It doesn't look like it came out for the PC Engine, maybe another system?

I couldn't find info at gamefaqs, so I'm guessing it probably came out on a Japan only computer?

I definitely plan to pick up Jaki Crush. I like the first two games quite a bit and I heard good things. I also have the tabs removed from the SNES for imports (and I have a few imports).

Last edited:

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Sorry, I thought I would share the youtube links so that others could see it in action. I read that it was mentioned that one was Japanese, but the videos confirm that since you said you couldn't find info on gamefaqs.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Sorry, I thought I would share the youtube links so that others could see it in action. I read that it was mentioned that one was Japanese, but the videos confirm that since you said you couldn't find info on gamefaqs.

No problem with the youtube links. I was saying, as already mentioned in a previous post in this thread, that the two "different" games you pointed out are actually the exact same game.

You misread my post. I didn't say I couldn't find the TG-16 Time Cruise (which is really Time Cruise II). I was saying that the real Time Cruise 1, which isn't for TG-16, isn't listed on gamefaqs.

Last edited:

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Actually I misread Jkonami's post. I admit to skimming most posts here since I've got a 3 month old daughter next to me. With that said, I don't mind you clarifying, but please try to be a little less condescending, even if you're not intending to do so... Thanks.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Actually I misread Jkonami's post. I admit to skimming most posts here since I've got a 3 month old daughter next to me. With that said, I don't mind you clarifying, but please try to be a little less condescending, even if you're not intending to do so... Thanks.

Sorry about that, it was not my intention.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
It's cool guys, my post probably could have been worded more clearly. It's a mystery though! I'm of a similar mind that it might exist for a Japanese computer - MSX, sharp x68k, pc9801? Google, she does nothing!

And Brian, I checked out the other Kaze games on SNES - they seem a little on the plain side to me so far. Necronomicon's theme is what excites me, though! As one of the commenters on that youtube link stated, they finally combined the occult, prog rock, and pinball. Count me in! :) I was actually a heavy Saturn importer, just not into pinball (as much) at the time. Now I'd like to track both down. Last Gladiators should be easy since that had a US release, but I wonder if there was any censorship? I'm betting that's why Necronomicon didn't come out in the US, due to the theme. Sega was usually a little more lax on those issues, though.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
As far as I know, the US Last Gladiators is the same as the JP with no censorship, but there is a more rare ver. 9.7 that is Japan only. From what I heard, it's tweaked quite a bit, bit not really that much better. I wasn't specific enough when I said "theme". I have no issue with occult themes in other games. The thing that's iffy for me in Necronomicon is some of the dialog, especially on the cult of the worm table. One thing interesting about the voice is that it strangly reminds me of Adam West.

I'm in to importing on the Saturn too. I have Batsugun, Parodius Deluxe Pack, Gradius Deluxe Pack, Strikers 1945, Konami MSX Ultra Pack, Vampire Savior, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and SEGA Ages Memorial Selection v. 1.

Last edited:

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I see! That cheesy dialogue seems like it could get old fast, yeah. But I think it will be fairly amusing at first. Maybe there's an option to turn it off or adjust the volume? And the Saturn is a great system to import for, probably my second most imported console next to TG16/PCE. So many good 2D games!

Major ROM

Jun 25, 2012
Didn't see it mentioned here, but Last Gladiators 9.7 has been in the App Store for quite some time, at least in the german App Store. It's basically the same as the Saturn version. It's universal, but there an no visual updates compared to Saturn (as far as i can tell), but it's nice to have nonetheless. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.