(An attempt at) The top 40 TPA players from leaderboard scores

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Dropped a lot despite improving my scores on a handful of tables since last month. Nice work on the ranking and keep it up! Inspires me to up my game for sure!

/Julgran666

Last edited:

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I just stuck with the old exp formula. I have probably posted the full formula before, but it won't hurt to do it again. Each rank in a table's top 500 scores points as follows: PTS = 100 * exp(-0.0465 * (RANK - 1)). The -0.0465 is there so that a rank of 100 scores 1 point.

And yes, a player gets points for a max of half the total number of tables, which is 24 tables for this ranking. For example, my #48 score on Taxi earns me 11.2 points, but my #60 score on CBW gets me zero points, because that is my 25th best table ranking.

I hope this is clear, and there'll be no more fiddling with the ranking formulas (for a long time anyway).

P.S. Congrats on your big month, moving from #28 to #15!

OK tx, that looks good. And tw also for my month, i knew it was my last very active month before the summer so i tried my best, now i shouldnt really progress until september/october.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Have been waiting for you to rear your head again, alongside watching the football. I'm sorry, your clearly confusing me with somebody else. I honestly have no idea what your on about. I'm new to posting here, so i kind of understand why some may feel suspicious, although i really am shocked at the accusations about me!! I'll assure, for the benefit of other readers ( not you vpalmer, your obviously the type of guy that cries foul if anyone beats you at something) that i am a genuine person who loves pinball, and happens to be quite good at it, well video pinball. I'm a former musician, i've generally got pretty good timing, :) I used to hold the highest ever score on Pinball king at king.com (which is now royalgames.com) MagicMisery was/is my name there. They don't have that game now, from unpopularity in later days.

My scores in pinball arcade (there not even that good!) have come from mostly from ALOT of practice, frustration and determination. And also from the guides written by the good folks here. No table in tpa is particularly difficult imo from what tables i have; once you have got the nudging down...

I hope i've cleared a few things up. vpalmer. stop making baseless accusations. Your just making yourself look jealous and childish

well if your cheating fella yiur just cheating yourself, if nit cingrats and welcome on biard

pro tip ignore vplamer

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
well if your cheating fella yiur just cheating yourself, if nit cingrats and welcome on biard

pro tip ignore vplamer
then for you i can give same advise as for magicmisery: try to rise your sence of humor, if you become agro-mad after every joke that people throw at you.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
do ye know who yer talkin too! im hairytic! if you meant a humours statement it may not have come across been there done that just lay if the noobie

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
do ye know who yer talkin too! im hairytic!
yep i know - i'm talking to man who like to talk in a podcast talk-show of other guys who like to TALK about how they love pinball arcade, and someone of them even bought 3rd season table pack recently. And all of this we call pinballfans community.
btw had read "hairytic" as "hysteric" for some strange reason

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014
WTF Vpalmer. No need to baselessly accuse people of cheating.

I guess our mods fell asleep again.

Welcome to the forums, Magicmisery, and congrats on your top 15 rank.

I forgot that this was coming. I'm making some serious moves. In fact, perhaps tonight I will make them :)

Thanks man. Yea, welcome to the forums! :s I'm guessing vpalmer is a bit of a favourite among the mods here. lol

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014

pro tip ignore vplamer

I don't take kindly to being called a cheat...... He says something about hacked IOS scores. My scores are on PS4 and PC. End of

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Congrats to Fromduc for moving up in a big way. Wow man!

I haven't played much. I anticipated a change in the model, so I took it upon myself to get a couple top 50 scores (in Bride of Pin*Bot and Elvira) just to be safe. I'm glad it's staying the same. I'm making some moves today but I learned yesterday that I'm actually rusty! ****!

I intend to make history today though ;)

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014
Vpalmer, may I offer you some advice. Now i understand you are from Russia, so English might not be your first language. However, if you are to make such a serious accusation on a public forum, you had better make DAMN sure you have proof to back it up. What you said, whether you were joking or not ( you made no reference to this earlier) was very hurtful and in extremely poor taste. Again, I am surprised that no mods, not one has said anything about this. Which leads me to believe that what you said has impacted on them. Many thanks to Mark Wyda and Heretic for showing some balls and supporting me. What i originally said "Nice 24th, I'm coming for ya top guys" probably came across as a bit arrogant. It wasn't meant that way, I was just being competitive :)

I hope this mess can be put to bed now, I'm fed up with writing about it, as I'm sure others are reading it. I'm willing to make a virtual shake of hands with you vpalmer. But I'll leave it up to you.

Back to pinball, Mark your quality scores of top 3 ranks are a lot more desirable than my quantity of scores. I do and will continue to try to make some top 3's, but i fear my occasional brain farts and lack of concentration moments will be my downfall. Especially of these marathon tables. So top 10's or close to them will satisfy me. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some season 2 and 3 tables when they become available for PS4. I know i can get them for pc. But I'm just preferring the look and feel of the game on this beast console atm. When the updated lightning comes for pc, I'll likely switch back however.
But, I've been made aware of a new pinball sim on the horizon, which is coming on steam. This could change everything....

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Congrats to Fromduc for moving up in a big way. Wow man!

I haven't played much. I anticipated a change in the model, so I took it upon myself to get a couple top 50 scores (in Bride of Pin*Bot and Elvira) just to be safe. I'm glad it's staying the same. I'm making some moves today but I learned yesterday that I'm actually rusty! ****!

I intend to make history today though ;)

Tx Mark, i played a lot las month coz i had time and i knew it wouldnt be the case for next ones: world cup, party party and other party, and with moist of games which need 3h + games to be improved now, i think this should be a very quiet summer for me. And i also realised those days that playin this game by 35° celsius and more is not that fun. Shoot ur bullets ;)

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014
Yep; Pro Pinball's coming back :D

Apologies for the late welcoming; I too enjoyed Pinball King as an alternative name.

Hi. Thanks, and hehe yes. Tiki quest pinball. Not very realistic but fun nonetheless. Made more exciting when played for cash. I sure played the heck out of that little game back in the day. what was your best score?

Ps when looking at some season 2 tpa tables the other day I came across your channel on youtube. I like the way you play, you don't seem to over nudge like me. I often put the ball in a more dangerous a position by nudging than I would have done without it.

fromduc. Congrats on your pinball and your win in football, your team is looking strong. Us, not so much, but at least we're trying to win games now. Sadly still 1-2 at the hands of Italy

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
fromduc. Congrats on your pinball and your win in football, your team is looking strong. Us, not so much, but at least we're trying to win games now. Sadly still 1-2 at the hands of Italy

Well, dont compare your defeat against one the favourite teams of the competition in one the most tremendous game since the beginning, and a good victory at 11 vs 10 against one of the 2-3 weakest teams seen so far ;) But anyways, compare to all dramas we've been through since 2002, we apreciate ^^ Hope the 2 of us will make this 1st round qualification, we got no excuse to miss it in this group but France we are, and u dont have an easy schedulewhith this death group AND those surprising costaricians.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts