And then there were 3! (...4...5...6...7!)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I agree about Ripleys being underrated and TOM overrated. Like you say nice to have a change though. Mayuh, you take craziness to the next level :>). My first machine, HS2 was October '12.

I had injections in both knees yesterday and the consultant told me to get rid of the treadmill. Now what is the perfect size to replace a treadmill? :D

For those not keeping up the collection is currently;

The Simpsons Pinball Party
Spiderman
Theatre Of Magic
Revenge From Mars
The Shadow
Medusa
Centaur
The Getaway ( out on loan )
The Walking Dead ( on loan )

I have room for 1 more and another once the treadmill is gone :D.

And all this because I bought a little known game called The Pinball Arcade!

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Get rid of that pesky walking machine right now! Pinball will keep you in shape :)

PS! Great collection!!!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
BSD in the house!
20150430_215916_zps9ojjmt44.jpg

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
C'mon Kevlar, if you're gonna show off your new shiny pins, take off the glass before snapping a pic! Hehe.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
C'mon Kevlar, if you're gonna show off your new shiny pins, take off the glass before snapping a pic! Hehe.

Lol, sorry :rolleyes: . BK2K made way for BSD. It was a very fun machine in small doses but ultimately a bit shallow, very right handed and one dimensional.

karl

May 10, 2012
Agree. Iron Man is a fun ride. Brutal, but fun. Wish I didn't sell mine. I miss it. It really had that "just one more game" factor that not many other new Sterns has for me.(except maybe ac/dc) Congrats, Kevlar.

PS! What do you think of The Walking Dead? Never played it so I am curios. Should be pretty solid with the latest code?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think the walking dead is great, it has an unusual design compared to most sterns which is refreshing. Yes it has a few SDTM problems but that just keeps you on your toes. This one isnt mine but I wouldnt hesitate to buy one if the chance arose.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just had my third pinball delivered to me yesterday, an Indiana Jones '93 in pristine condition! This was one of my if not the my most favorite pin of my college days. Not knowing anything about the pin made the first "Well of Souls" mode I played a wonderful pinball memory back then. I got this one also from "Paul's 50s", a German company that deals in US stuff like jukeboxes, neon signs and pinballs. They also did a great job on my second pin, LOTR. Both have been restored to perfection and have a playfield protector to boot. IJ even has the lost plastic in place already. The only two things I may do something about is getting new decals for the cabinet sides because of discoloration (one side is nearly white from light exposure), and I'm not sure about the flipper angle. They are very shallow to the eye and it shows in playing, it's hard to keep a ball trapped on both flippers. Nevertheless I scored a fat 1.3B in my second game, coming real close to Eternal Life wizard mode. Anyone with knowledge about the proper flipper angle? Or is that just a variable setting on different machines?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Nice 1 Slam!
A few changes this week, out...TOM and Shadow, had no plans to sell either and have hardly played the TOM but a good deal on Star Trek came up so needs must.... This is the first pin I've had that didn't need LED'ing....what am I supposed to do? :D

20150714_124239_zpsjtd9bzv1.jpg

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Grats on getting an IJ Slam. What a great pin that is! I can't say about the flipper angles, it's been too long since I played one.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It bugs me when flippers are not in line with the inlane rail, the walking dead I have here at the moment has them set lower than the inlane. I asked a question on pinside before and was told just set them as you like. However when I adjusted the flippers on TOM it became very difficult to hit the orbits so I dropped them back down a bit.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Grats on getting an IJ Slam. What a great pin that is! I can't say about the flipper angles, it's been too long since I played one.

Thanks Gus! Flipper angle is not mentioned in the manual. I have searched a bit round the 'net and haven't found solid info yet. It's probably also a personal taste thing as Kevlar said, like the table angle. With these flipper settings I can hit everything quite easy, only the lock hole is difficult, especially from the right flipper.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Congrats on Star Trek, Kevlar.

It is a strange beast for me. I had a premium for almost 1 year. It is probably the smoothest pin from Stern ever. I love the shots. I love the big easy to read insignia lights. I love Star Trek in general, but it turned into a grind fest for me really quick. More work than fun and I can't really put my finger on why this happened. I really loved it in the beginning. PS! I have not played the latest version, with the medals, etc.

I had it before the first big update and I got really tired of it fast. I kept telling myself: Do not sell this beauty before the update or you will be sorry. So, I lent it out instead and I quickly missed it when it was away.

The first big update arrived and everything was better but I got tired of it really fast again and decided that ST will never be better, code wise for me (of course 3-4 months later there is another big update) and I sold it.

I do not regret having bought it, because I really loved it in the beginning. So I envy you the experience you probably have with it right now. The shots feel so good on that pin. (and for all that I know, the latest code could be just the thing I was missing on it. The medals sound like a great idea)

Would love to hear back from you in a couple of months, if you still dig it. Enjoy a great pin, Kevlar

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
BSD in the house!

20150430_215916_zps9ojjmt44.jpg

New arrival...

20150708_191052_zpsqznp287t.jpg

20150708_095854_zpsxbk5zlki.jpg

Nice 1 Slam!
A few changes this week, out...TOM and Shadow, had no plans to sell either and have hardly played the TOM but a good deal on Star Trek came up so needs must.... This is the first pin I've had that didn't need LED'ing....what am I supposed to do? :D

20150714_124239_zpsjtd9bzv1.jpg

Excellent choices on the new additions! I'm thinking about ordering a Star Trek here soon myself.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Johnny M incoming....

Also have a friends Cactus Jacks at the moment, complete playfield strip down/clean/re-rubber underway. Can't believe how well built these Gottliebs are, its true what they say, they are built like tanks.

11998430_10153519232744693_1704174780_n_zps29tqm.jpg

11994293_10153519232574693_731998161_n_zpspb3cay.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.