And then there were 3! (...4...5...6...7!)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
New addition...

20161124_190537_zpsxqwbvzjo.jpg

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just added a Highspeed Getaway to my collection (up to 4) and my new man-cave is almost finished. I have rented a garage-box near my house and totally did a rebuild of it to accomodate pins! Carpenter put in floor/walls/ceiling with insulation, the garage door has vanished between the backwall to make place for a door/window combination and the electrician waved his wand to get power and light to the cave :) Put in an air heater to keep the pins from getting frozen. Can't wait to host some nice pinball sessions!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Was curious how you are liking CSI? I've only played it a couple times at a pin show and never really got a good feel one way or another on it.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
CSI is not bad. Not amazing but not as bad as its reputation. I find it quite hard, for every good game I have 5 bad ones. It's a low scoring game too, work your nuts off for ages and come away with a score that looks rubbish on other machines ( obviously its all relative ). I would say its ok in a collection but if I only had a couple of pins I wouldn't want one. You can say that about a lot of machines though.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not up to the title of the thread (and then there were three...), but I'm close!

So as heard on the BlahCade Podcast, I've acquired an Eight Ball Deluxe to go along with my Firepower (which has been in pieces for 3 years now). Picked it up for $625, but unlike Firepower, the playfield is in fairly good shape other than some cracking in the coating and worn numbers on inserts. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it, and yeah drop targets are fun! Gotta say, having a working pin next to a non functioning one really has made me wanna get that one up and going again something fierce. On top of that, my wife pointed out that where the saw horses holding the Firepower playfield are, there's enough room for another table. That's practically permission, right?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
possibly fiddle with firepower with some guiding hand or two to get some minor maintaince in the wetbox before the 3rd machine comes..and it goes without saying you suck and should die a horrible death

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Walking Dead has left the building. It doesn't matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get on with it, I think it was possessed.

Anyway, in its place a very nice little known title, Medieval Madness :D

20170617_004947.jpg

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well CSI didn't last long, but only because the other 1/2 owner didn't like it at all so its sold.

Judge Dredd is here though :D. And yes, the machines have reached the 2nd floor of my house! :rolleyes:

the-terminator-1984-movie-18.png

20170813_231554.jpg

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
White water added to the collection. Needs a bit of work and a new translite. Needed to work on upper flipper today but the only way to do that is to remove the upper playfield which basically means stripping 1/2 the machine so today's little job turned into about 8 hours of stripping, cleaning, waxing, re-rubbering etc.

20170922_235520.jpg

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Medieval Madness didn't last long, for no other reason than I needed the money for something else...

20171102_231403.jpg

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I really like Dialed In, and the value of your MM was probably gonna go down as more of the reproductions hit the market.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.