Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm still not quite ready to post my full bug report, but I would like to point out that TOTAN is now lagging while all nine other tables still play smooth (BOP and FH with the HUD off of course). Did something change on TOTAN and if not, can you please look into this? Thanks. HTC EVO 3D

N

Nik Barbour

I'm still not quite ready to post my full bug report, but I would like to point out that TOTAN is now lagging while all nine other tables still play smooth (BOP and FH with the HUD off of course). Did something change on TOTAN and if not, can you please look into this? Thanks. HTC EVO 3D

I was playing BOP & FH in 1.0.7 with HUD on without any problems - they were both great, BOP still is in 1.0.8. Have you been having to play HUD off on these 2?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
No, not to my knowledge. I am pretty sure that its the added texture filter that must be bogging you down on the gpu side.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I was playing BOP & FH in 1.0.7 with HUD on without any problems - they were both great, BOP still is in 1.0.8. Have you been having to play HUD off on these 2?

Yes, I have to play with the HUD off on BOP and FH to eliminate any lag. The funny thing is that BOP played lag free with the HUD on before FH was released. HTC EVO 3D has a dual core processor and shouldn't be having any lag problems IMO.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No, not to my knowledge. I am pretty sure that its the added texture filter that must be bogging you down on the gpu side.

I just don't see why it would only affect TOTAN and not the rest of the tables.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The only thing I can think of is that that table is heavy on transparent textures, and the alpha blending with the new texture filter might tip it over the edge.

Krzysiek Grzelak

Jun 18, 2012
Ok just an update to the restoring transactions bug, it seems that some devices are having a rare timing issue where the database reports that it is created and ready to go when in fact it is not causing an exception to be thrown and hence the crash you guys are seeing. This seems to be a bug in the sample code that google provided. I will keep you guys updated

The game is great, but i have problems with restoring transactions on my Galaxy Tab.... reinstall was helpfull (well, to tell the truth five of them...), but i still cant play in ''mr. ripleys...'' because is still waiting for authorisation.... i bought this table ages ago from my Galaxy S BTW....

N

Nik Barbour

Ryan - is it possible to add an option to turn off 'enhanced texture' in the menu?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
the lag you describe might be you dropping to 30 fps, which is what a device will do if it can't handle 60fps (which is pretty hard to accomplish on android due to their fillrate issues on the gpu side, cpu side is usually ok).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The only thing I can think of is that that table is heavy on transparent textures, and the alpha blending with the new texture filter might tip it over the edge.

Good point...I wasn't even thinking about all the transparent ramps on TOTAN. Oh well, it's not game breaking and TOTAN is still very much playable.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Nik, Yeah that is my plan. I actually want to create a graphics menu button that we will add features to over time. Krzysiek I am currently looking into that as we speak.

N

Nik Barbour

Yes, I have to play with the HUD off on BOP and FH to eliminate any lag. The funny thing is that BOP played lag free with the HUD on before FH was released. HTC EVO 3D has a dual core processor and shouldn't be having any lag problems IMO.

No, that's messed up. It worked real nice in 1.0.7 on my single core with HUD on.

N

Nik Barbour

Nik, Yeah that is my plan. I actually want to create a graphics menu button that we will add features to over time. Krzysiek I am currently looking into that as we speak.

Sounds great - and would give everyone the option of how much graphics vs game play to dial in.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
One thing to keep in mind with this is that every manufacturer writes their own drivers so not every device is created equally (for example the evo's filter might be written in such a way that its overly expensive).

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
We are logging them but unfortunately performance issues / crashes take the priority =) and I was at my house when I was replying to that so I did not have access to our database, I just couldn't remember that particular bug.

You had me at W...

I had this bug in 1.0.6 and it may have carried over to 1.0.7 which unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play much but after playing a game of MB I tried to access the leaderboards (previously logged in) and while I would hear the chime the game would not proceed to the leaderboards. I existed to the table selection screen and tried to access the leaderboards from there. When I pressed the leaderboard button I would again hear the chime but instead of proceeding to the leaderboards the Table of the Month icon appeared underneath the table logo. Scrolling over to the other tables the Table of the Month icon remained under the various logos.

Entering and exiting various tables had no effect on this behavior.

After closing the program and restarting I was again able to login and view scores through the leaderboard again.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
If submitting a bug/performance report for my SGS II will help, please tell me what kind of info you want and I will submit it.

Snatcher42

Apr 8, 2012
Big performance drop for me with this release. It might be the texture thing because all the tables do look a little sharper, but I'd rather have them much more playable.

N

Nik Barbour

If submitting a bug/performance report for my SGS II will help, please tell me what kind of info you want and I will submit it.

Send an email to mailto:support@pinballarcade.com probably good to say "Re - Android Problem" or something similar.

I would just tell them make and model of device (with hardware spec listed if known - to save them looking it up) also mention anything custom done to the device (like rooted or custom rom installed [state which rom]) then just describe your problem as plainly and simply as you can, stating occurance frequency (eg happens every time, or 1 in 5 app starts).

Make take a few days - but they have always responded.

stasg7

Apr 11, 2012
I don't know is this bug or not! But starting game on Black Hole... Camera goes crazy!!! Camera flights over the table and it looks sooo strange! ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Update: Today we hope to put out a patch for the in-app purchase restore transactions issue. The texture quality control is going to require a little bit more time and the managers want the transaction fix out asap since this effects everyone. Note however that when I put the texture quality control in I will allow you guys three modes, low, medium (what it was before), and high (with ani filter) to offer more flexibility. Just to be clear the low will simply turn off the bilinear texture filter off that has been on since day 1. Going to play around with some other render options on the engine side to see if I can't give you more options. Keep in mind all of this will only help your render speed, not your cpu (physics stuff) speed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts