Atomic Pinball Collection (APC)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i dunno when i were a lad almost all machines were in some state of disrepair i found it refreshing and adapted

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've got to admit, this is a pretty proactive way to deal with app feedback.

d785a06fb11ba2d7b6ad84521283ae3f.jpg

No weaseling out of the IAP issue, and confirmation they are fixing issues.

I still have issues with the menu scaling on the buttons, and the in game SFX looping slightly on Shield.

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I've got to admit, this is a pretty proactive way to deal with app feedback.

~~~cut image~~~
No weaseling out of the IAP issue, and confirmation they are fixing issues.

I still have issues with the menu scaling on the buttons, and the in game SFX looping slightly on Shield.

Yet Android is still treated as a Cash Grab. When the APC was released on iOS the Rob O Bot re-release was only $0.99. For Android it's another $3.00. Totally not a different pricing structure in anyway.

Then there was the option to update the actual Rob O Bot app in the play store to become the APC app and then attach the Masks table as an IAP, thus letting previous owners get the one table included.

It's not much of a proactive means when they are merely admitting they ****ed up.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Well, admitting they effed up is better than what most devs do when faced with issues like this.

What may seem like a Cash Grab to you boils down to the harsh economics of releasing this title on Android, with the knowledge of how the app may or may not have performed on iOS.

If, hypothetically, the iOS version sold 10,000 copies at 99c in 2014 (when the game was released on iOS), you would assume that you would have pulled in about $6000 after Apple take their 30% cut. (if someone can correct me with the confirmed app store downloads, I'll update my sums).

With that knowledge to hand, how would you work out a price based on the following known facts:

• with development costs for converting to Android,
  • with the known fact that on average 95% of Android users prefer pirated games^,
  • with a rough notion but no guarantees of how many games will actually be *purchased* on android.

The decision to release on Android starts to become pretty unattractive. Do the math about what would be considered a fair price to ask for the game so the studio can actually pay the bills.

Pricing it low on iOS as an initial release is a fair gamble to take, but having hindsight about the the actual costs for supporting the game and sustaining development on a platform known for its questionable revenue earning potential, it's lucky we actually saw the game released on our platform at all.

Call it a Cash Grab if you like, but I call it a blessing that this was actually released at all on Android. If that means I need to spend another one time $4 spend to unlock each table, then that's a price I'm personally willing to pay. You may not be. That's your choice. And I respect that.

^ http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/01/08/monument-valley-suffering-from-a-95-piracy-rate-on-android/ (this is one game, but is not the exception to the statistics)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
just fyi the table itself is much harder in its collection release than its standalone....shockingly fast in a good way.

its been some time since ive been ableto play for a refreshed comparison but i was happy to pay in support of one of our true underdogs....

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I totally agree with Jared. I'm ecstatic Masks of Glory and an updated Rob-O-Bot came out on Android, and for Heaven's sake $5 doesn't break the bank at all, along with you are supporting developers of digital pinball. Plus lately Google Play has been sending out $1-$3 coupons out during the holiday season. Very cool! Heck I just redeemed a half off Google Music soundtrack coupon, and I bought the PinOut! soundtrack. Love it!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2016
Still loving this app. Although I definitely prefer Masks to Revenge. Masks is a lighter in tone and easier in general. Revenge is much more difficult and for when I want a more merciless challenge. I get this weird feeling that Masks wants me to have a fun time with some laughs and Revenge wants to just crush me.

I'm also getting freeze ups about every other game. The freezes last 10-20 seconds and usually result in music or voices being disabled for the rest of the game.

Anyone else having this problem?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
cant say i ever had any of that on ios over a year ago ace, but emailing color monkey will get ya a decent respone, try to prodivde all the detail you can make model of hware andorid version and phase of the moon etc

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Still loving this app. Although I definitely prefer Masks to Revenge. Masks is a lighter in tone and easier in general. Revenge is much more difficult and for when I want a more merciless challenge. I get this weird feeling that Masks wants me to have a fun time with some laughs and Revenge wants to just crush me.

I'm also getting freeze ups about every other game. The freezes last 10-20 seconds and usually result in music or voices being disabled for the rest of the game.

Anyone else having this problem?
Freezes, no.

Dropped bgm after mode completion, occasionally.

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
I haven't had it freeze but all sound goes away not long after starting a game. I thought that may have been part of the "try" mode since I haven't put any money down yet. Guess not.

Nov 18, 2016
Another basic APC plus I forgot to point out: NO ADS. I really appreciated the simple, advertisement-free approach. Download an ad-free sample. Pay up if you like it for an ongoing ad-free experience.

Their tech guys wrote me back yesterday. Very polite, friendly, concerned.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I don't know if I'm the only one seeing this, but is it meant to have ball speed x1.5? I assumed it was a bug but haven't seen others mention it.

It plays about 1.5x times faster than you'd expect normal physics to behave, and I just checked the original Rob o bot. Again the new version is 1.5x faster than the original.
If it is meant to be like this - why? It just ruins shot accuracy which is what makes Pinball satisfying to me.

There's also some audio bugs, when you hit either left or right spinner in the new rob o bot, you get a really static burst of noise and the app occasionally stutters and pauses before resuming.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I don't know if I'm the only one seeing this, but is it meant to have ball speed x1.5? I assumed it was a bug but haven't seen others mention it.

It plays about 1.5x times faster than you'd expect normal physics to behave, and I just checked the original Rob o bot. Again the new version is 1.5x faster than the original.
If it is meant to be like this - why? It just ruins shot accuracy which is what makes Pinball satisfying to me.

There's also some audio bugs, when you hit either left or right spinner in the new rob o bot, you get a really static burst of noise and the app occasionally stutters and pauses before resuming.
I think it's a bug for sure. I've asked Nena if they want to open up a beta test group for the app just to help them squash the oddities with the Tegra chipsets and perhaps some other devices in this thread that are seeing issues.

I remember audio being an issue with Rob 1.0 as well.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I think it's a bug for sure. I've asked Nena if they want to open up a beta test group for the app just to help them squash the oddities with the Tegra chipsets and perhaps some other devices in this thread that are seeing issues.

I remember audio being an issue with Rob 1.0 as well.

Ah cool - well if it gets going, give us a shout.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/se.nena.pinball.atomic

- Fast forward by hitting trigger in multiball sequence (Masks of glory)

- Tilt/Nudge by shaking the device (power and directional sensitivity)

- Control plunger with left analog stick on shield devices

- UI Scale issue on Shield Tablet fix
Cheers Jared.
Can't join in this time unfortunately. (see attached pic). No idea why.
073318388e2c1beaa656c878dfe73452.jpg

This is the account I purchased both tables through.

I got an email from the dev today saying they had looked into the Rob o bot speed issue and noticed that the ver02 table angle is set quite a bit steeper than the Rob-O-Bot ver01 angle.
They seemed to agree the table was harsh enough as is, and said they'd experiment with reducing the angle.

I emailed about the sound and lag issues when the spinners engage for both tables (just on my Note4), so hopefully they are aware of the issues I'm seeing anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.