Beta 1.11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Korven

nexus 7 JB 4.2.1. just finished a game of firepower (at least I thought I was on last ball), and on ball drain firepower says "you won, mission accomplished", but I don't exit to registration on local high score table (518,750). table is stuck, there is still a ball in the left ball lock/saucer, and I can still flip. guess I really did win; I killed firepower.

postscript... attendent useless (never finds stuck ball) but i was able to tilt to successfully end game and then register a high-score..... maybe i lost my bonus :-(

I get this alot too but I think the bonus is counted?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
thanks Ryan and the team for getting these tables ready before the weekend. They kept me entertained during a 10 hr flight to Australia yesterday. Didn't think I'd enjoy FIREPOWER but it's so addictive, really enjoy it. The goals are a little easy but it plays real nice. Just a shame my high score was when I was offline :(

I don't mind the fireball score size, It's visible on a Nexus 7 and doesn't obscure the view of the table.

not played Dr Dude much yet due to the multiball camera issue. Hope this is fixed soon.

N

netizen

Just spent 2 hours playing Dr Dude on my Galaxy Tab 2 and it was smooth as silk, with no multiball camera issues at all.

I was playing locked in view 3 with shake nudging if that makes any difference :-/

The only game ending bug I encountered was the game exit menu not appearing < 1 game out of 20.

Turning off WiFi or logging off on my Nexus 10 only marginally improves Dr Dudes improvement. there is still a lot of stuttering, and ball skipping. When the ball is moving quick it looks like it has a tracer effect, and you can;t be sure of it;s position on the flipper leading to pass through effects and bizarre unpredictable shots angles and "physics."

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device: Nexus 7 / Jelly bean

Bug: On Dr. Dude, the camera pans up the molecular mixer even when the camera is locked.

Frequency: 100%

If you're playing single ball that isn't a bug, it is a feature; the whole zoom in thing that gets done. Joyride on Taxi, The face change on BOP, Gumball on TZ etc.
I don't like these things but there they are. Apparently, if you look in the Dangerous thread, these features are desired and there are requests to have them increased.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
when entering your high score on Dr Dude, rather than the 3 characters appear in the normal window, they appear on the score board at the top. Is this correct as per the ROM or a new approach for TPA?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
thanks Ryan and the team for getting these tables ready before the weekend. They kept me entertained during a 10 hr flight to Australia yesterday. Didn't think I'd enjoy FIREPOWER but it's so addictive, really enjoy it. The goals are a little easy but it plays real nice. Just a shame my high score was when I was offline :(

I don't mind the fireball score size, It's visible on a Nexus 7 and doesn't obscure the view of the table.

not played Dr Dude much yet due to the multiball camera issue. Hope this is fixed soon.

You're in my country now. Watch out for Dropbears. Seriously vicious creatures!

Coming anywhere near Brisbane?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
when entering your high score on Dr Dude, rather than the 3 characters appear in the normal window, they appear on the score board at the top. Is this correct as per the ROM or a new approach for TPA?

Dr Dude is Rom emulated so the integration between the alpha numeric display at high score entry is normal. Also present in Funhouse and other alphanumeric games like bride of pinbot.

Only those tables that do not support recording high scores natively (those with numeric only displays or reels) get the pinball arcade score entry screen.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Dr Dude is Rom emulated so the integration between the alpha numeric display at high score entry is normal. Also present in Funhouse and other alphanumeric games like bride of pinbot.

Only those tables that do not support recording high scores natively (those with numeric only displays or reels) get the pinball arcade score entry screen.

thanks for the clarification. btw : I'm in Perth. (snow in the UK vs 42 degree heat :) )

K

Korven

Device: Nexus 7 / Jelly bean

Bug: On Dr. Dude, the camera pans up to the molecular mixer during multiball and stays there until the balls drain.

Frequency: 20%?

The only time I get this bug is if I score the Gazillinon shot (75%). (Just now I managed to get the special during this moment by flipping away at random :)) Annoying bug and im done wiht beta-testing at this point.

Same device & OS.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
The only time I get this bug is if I score the Gazillinon shot (75%). (Just now I managed to get the special during this moment by flipping away at random :)) Annoying bug and im done wiht beta-testing at this point.

Same device & OS.

Almost identical.... i had 3 shots at the Gazillion yesterday. With every one the camera panned to the molecular mixer and stayed there. I surprised myself at being able to keep the game in progress going for a while with random flipping. And with experiencing this bug 3 out of 3 times, i'm less inclined to test further until fixed (actually even getting one of the two balls into the mixer on the gazillion shot is quite a challenge)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for all the reports guys! I have let the others know about the non Android issues and they are looking into them.

On Dr. Dude the multiball cam stuck issue, is this happening in both orientations?

Day

Jan 9, 2013
i should have stated in my orignal post..... i only play in portrait & camera view 2 (so sorry, no idea for landscape, i wouldn't make a good beta tester!)

thanks Ryan

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Dr Dude isn't smooth on my N10 either :(

Again, RBioN isn't as smooth as the other tables, can this be looked in to? It can't be a CPU/Gfx issue as it's one of the most powerful tablets out! Heck my 3 year old Samsung Galaxy S is running Dr Dude and RBioN smoother.

N

netizen

The pop bumpers on both Dr Dude and Firepower seem to suffer from the same slow, non responsiveness issue. If the bumper is hit from the top area they don't trigger, and when they do trigger they are slow, and not nearly as active as they should be. This decrease in their action affects the flow/physics of the table game play mechanics; especially when the ball flows from the bumpers through the reflex targets on Dr Dude resulting in SDTM drains because all/most momentum has been lost in the non-functioning pop bumpers.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah we are taking a look at the slow down in dr dude. RBION slow down is an emulation issue they are still trying to track down. Mike has a 3 week vacation that is ending next week, I think when he returns we will take a look at the other issues. Unfortunately this one was fast because we had to have the infrastructure done before he left.

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012
Can someone confirm the correct rule for lighting/relighting the shield kickback in Firepower?

It appears in TPA that you have to complete 1-3 or 4-6 banks of targets all in one ball to light/relight the shield. If both banks are already partially lit when the ball drains, you have to fully complete 1-6 before you have a chance to complete 1-3 or 4-6 again for the shield kickback. I haven't spent very much time on the real machine so I don't know if this is how it should behave or not.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok we have a fix in place (we think) for the camera stuck thing. Just to be clear this is only happening in portrait? Any camera number in particular? I am guessing 1 from the data we have here.

Jason gave me some lower models for the wires, we were even seeing slowdown on the xbox 360 for those due to the massive amount of polys, which makes me worried about the future option to run higher level of detail models since it always seems to drop us down to 30 fps =\ (this is why it has not been on the top of my list, all devices I have kind of struggle with this which means android is more constrained on the high polygon count than textures, but I am adding them to every table release so that when we get it working properly or the gpus catch up its already there).

Also just a quick census, were people seeing the slowdown mostly on nexus 10's?

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Ok we have a fix in place (we think) for the camera stuck thing. Just to be clear this is only happening in portrait? Any camera number in particular? I am guessing 1 from the data we have here.

Jason gave me some lower models for the wires, we were even seeing slowdown on the xbox 360 for those due to the massive amount of polys, which makes me worried about the future option to run higher level of detail models since it always seems to drop us down to 30 fps =\ (this is why it has not been on the top of my list, all devices I have kind of struggle with this which means android is more constrained on the high polygon count than textures, but I am adding them to every table release so that when we get it working properly or the gpus catch up its already there).

Also just a quick census, were people seeing the slowdown mostly on nexus 10's?

I can say that I hadn't noticed any slowdowns on the Nexus 7. Just the camera issues and missing displays / playfield lights.

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012

Just happened to me in Portrait, Camera 3, Locked, Multiball Camera Off on my Nexus 7 4.2.1

ETA: This is assuming you're talking about the camera stuck in mixmaster. I've never had it happen to me in Portrait Camera 2 Locked, but I have a harder time making the shots from that angle.

Portrait Camera 1 Locked is completely unusable, does not behave as a locked camera and the flippers are offscreen unless the ball is almost completely on top of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts