Beta 15c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
A question before trying this out...is there a way I can copy all my tables to a temp location, install this beta, then move them back?

Table files aren't affected by installing this beta.
It directly replaces your current install and uses the data you have already downloaded.

In case you want to do it anyway...
Table data is at...
TABLE DATA = /MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...
Use a file explorer to copy it.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
When I install these on my Note 2 it deletes all my tables.

Does it?

Just installing the beta over the top of your already installed play version shouldn't do anything to the table data or your highscore data unless you are doing a - clear cache, clear data, uninstall, before installing the beta which isn't necessary.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
I must be having a major brain fart, as I cannot for the life of me figure out we're to configure for use with the controller on this beta.

N

netizen

I must be having a major brain fart, as I cannot for the life of me figure out we're to configure for use with the controller on this beta.

I thought Ryan took controller support out of this build.

Too slow. Ryan answered as well.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Native Controller support beta was the previous one last week.
See here... http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-keyboard-etc-Support/page2?p=83772#post83772
On opening menu press 'controls' and this page is hacked to prompt you to press a button for left and right flipper mapping.
It's not persistent though so you have to do it each start.

This beta is for enhanced touch nudge options.

Edit - beaten as well.

N

netizen

The nudge selection now goes Touchscreen > Shake > Off > Off then back to touchscreen. On the second off it shows all the touch zones as opposed to only showing the flipper ones like in shake or the first off setting.

It's going to take a while to adjust to any touch nudging after all this time with using shake nudging.
Out of curiosity, could shake ever get an up nudge? I don't expect that diagonal sensitivity would be all that feasible.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Is the Android version held together with sellotape and string right now? Seems very fragile to changes...

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
In the initial entry, pressing the arrows too fast (the normal speed I usually pressed them) won't change the letters. It takes up to a second between each arrow press to go to the next letter, which is slow and tedious.

I can nudge from the same side of the screen of a held flipper! : ) Although, it's still not possible to enter a third touch. So, if I hold both flippers up, I can't nudge, pause, our change camera angles. :'(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
In the initial entry, pressing the arrows too fast (the normal speed I usually pressed them) won't change the letters. It takes up to a second between each arrow press to go to the next letter, which is slow and tedious.

I can nudge from the same side of the screen of a held flipper! : ) Although, it's still not possible to enter a third touch. So, if I hold both flippers up, I can't nudge, pause, our change camera angles. :'(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Awesome avatar :D

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
sorry - can someone just recap what this beta will give me if I download and install? How far off are we from me being able to get my Xbox controller working with a NON rooted Nexus 7 with no lag? Or am I better waiting for the tables to appear on Xbox?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
sorry - can someone just recap what this beta will give me if I download and install? How far off are we from me being able to get my Xbox controller working with a NON rooted Nexus 7 with no lag? Or am I better waiting for the tables to appear on Xbox?

This beta gives the enhanced touch nudging that ios got 2mnths ago.
It gives 5 direction nudging & the screen zones are customisable for size.
yrepy5yz.jpg

It has nothing to do with controller support - that was in the previous beta.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
thanks Baron - those white zones? Are they only there for selection or do they stay on screen whilst playing too?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
cheers - will give it a go.

btw..... do we have any stats as to how many android TPA users there are vs iOS? Since iOS scores have stopped updating, I'm amazed at how little movement there has been on the WhirlWind score board (I'm still in top 20), which kinda makes me think there aren't many Android users out there? Way less Android hackers too :)

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
This is a great build before I would always use shake nudging, but this is way more effective. Personally I like setting "E" and as mentioned before entering high scores have a delay.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
cheers - will give it a go.

btw..... do we have any stats as to how many android TPA users there are vs iOS? Since iOS scores have stopped updating, I'm amazed at how little movement there has been on the WhirlWind score board (I'm still in top 20), which kinda makes me think there aren't many Android users out there? Way less Android hackers too :)

The fact that there are less hackers has more to do with the major exploit being patched recently.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
To implement the front nudge I had to completely re-write the controller class that deals with it, so bugs are to be expected. The facebook issue, they had us throw in the new sdk for an analytic functionality for our backend. Broke the friend's list but i was told not to worry about it until this next pack release since it seems not many people like or use it.

Is the Android version held together with sellotape and string right now? Seems very fragile to changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts