Beta 15c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok so I fixed the opacity issue (resource change), the shake nudge issue & invert issue (library code bug fix).

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Oh, Also fixed the firepower strobe when flipper held down. Since I have some time I think I will look into the friend's issue and the other menu items. Thanks guys! =)

K

Korven

How about cloud save/sync between devices? Really would like all my hof-points collected.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
There were actually two that I fixed. One was for tournaments and cross platform. The other was Android only and had to do with entering and exiting the table quickly.

The fact that there are less hackers has more to do with the major exploit being patched recently.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
You going to do another beta or interim Google Play release with these changes Ryan? Or will they just roll into the next table pack release?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I wrote an invitation only tournament mode that we want to roll out for the backers of TZ that will probably get released next monday, baring any submission failures on other platforms. That was the real reason for the interim build, but I wanted to make sure to get some of these features in for you guys at the same time. I am going to take a stab at these other things, but depending on time I might give another beta build.

N

netizen

Would it ever be possible to make user defined/scalable touch zones?

I find that the A and B have a good width for the flipper zones and my big dumb hands, but that A is too low and B is too high for how I hold my Nexus 10.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
nice work Ryan - works well. Although agree with Neti above, those schemes don't quite work with my long fingers..... I'd like a bigger zone for the top finger nudge zones. Also be nice to have the UP nudge as a bar underneath the left and right flipper zones (well atleast it might be nice to try this out).

couple of other things

if I hold down left flipper and now use the plunger, the plunger stays pulled out.
the options menu - the up and down arrows for moving up and down menus are awful. A scoll bar would be much better. The arrows are too small and really fiddly / non responsive to use.
donwloaded latest APK and not seeing transparent zones.

thanks

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
For now I think we better stick with what we have, its a huge jump forward anyhow, but after things settle down with this next update in the next few days I can talk with Stuart, he was the mastermind behind the regions =) maybe we can make a few more.

Scroll has always been an issue (has it gotten worse though?). The programmer that did that is no longer with us and we have not really touched it since, though we really need to.

N

netizen

For now I think we better stick with what we have, its a huge jump forward anyhow, but after things settle down with this next update in the next few days I can talk with Stuart, he was the mastermind behind the regions =) maybe we can make a few more.

Scroll has always been an issue (has it gotten worse though?). The programmer that did that is no longer with us and we have not really touched it since, though we really need to.

I can get used to it for now, but I am getting more and more tempted to root =-/

Yeah the menu scroll is totally broken. Using the arrows has no effect at all. You have to drag to scroll, which can, on occasion, change settings without you noticing until you leave the menu. Then there is the issue of you making changes, and as soon as you press the [BACK] button the changes all revert to where they were previously and you don't go to the previous menu. This latter issue I find affects the touch zone changes more than any other options settings.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Yeah - the slow 'Enter Initials' is new to me.
Seems to have the same bug as the scroll buttons now. Can't progress to the next selection until the sound has finished playing from the last. (1 press per second of time approx).
Could it be linked to playing the sound?
You could press several per second previously and the entries registered and the sounds overlapped.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
actually no, as I said before to get the new nudge features in I had to rewrite a good portion of the code. Let me look into this. Also fixed the nudge/shake feature not saving.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I can get used to it for now, but I am getting more and more tempted to root =-/

New nudge options play awesome with 'Sixaxis' & PS3 controller.

Got it mapped with left, up, right nudge on d-pad.
Diagonal nudge on each trigger.
Flippers on shoulder buttons.
Right analogue for plunger.
Other buttons for various menu items.
Circle does the STTNG trigger.

Worth Rooting for?...

Touch Map overlay = Portrait - nudge scheme A
9evere6a.jpg

Just kicked the cr@p out of my best Big Shot score - thanks Ryan!

Would love another beta of today's fixes if you get the time.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Out of curiosity, could shake ever get an up nudge? I don't expect that diagonal sensitivity would be all that feasible.

We can try it =) Let me put it in. It is right in the bit of code I have to fix anyways so why not.

N

netizen

I am pleasantly surprised at how different the ball seems to react with having different vectors to adjust due to nudge angles other than simple horizontal ones.

The Central Park goal that had been plaguing me since it's release - done while just playing with the new nudge scheme, as broken as it is. I can totally see why console players can mange such exponentially higher scores. :cool:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah doesn't look like front nudge is usable the way its coded right now, wayyyy to easy to tilt when you are holding it up. May take a look at that later (i'd have to write something to smooth out values, the issue is that gravity makes the nudge way too unpredictable unless you are holding it flat.)

N

netizen

Yeah doesn't look like front nudge is usable the way its coded right now, wayyyy to easy to tilt when you are holding it up. May take a look at that later (i'd have to write something to smooth out values, the issue is that gravity makes the nudge way too unpredictable unless you are holding it flat.)

It's not a high priority for sure. Thanks for having a look at things though Ryan.
Even though the acceleromoter reads motions in three directions it is still one of those things where the tablet needs to be mounted to be effective in this sort of application. it; not like it's the steering mechanism. In this case it is a fairly sensitive adjustment.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sure I can do that, I have to run some errands but I should be able to post something in about 1.5 hours.

N

netizen

Menu works great.

Still a problem with the L Flipper sticking up when doing a super skill shot on AFM or MM.
To replicate hold the L Flipper while launching the ball and the flipper will be stuck in a raised position after the ball is launched. I tried on STTNG, because you have flipper control prior to launch, but you cant hold a flipper button and launch at the same time on that table.

Running into the oddity, again, where if the network connection drops after the game has started and hasn't regained by the time the high score sequence would begin then TPA crashes. There's no crash report, no freezing. It just closes and I am back to the home screen or the previously open app.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts