BlahCade Podcast #20 - Forum Questions Part 1

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
By the way, in the podcast I said Anchorman was a 90's comedy, yet it really came out in 2004. Still don't think it's funny though.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'll never understand why people don't like Anchorman. But then again, some people don't like sour patch kids. The thing that really blows my mind is when people like anchorman 2 better than anchorman 1. You're not one of those types are you?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'll never understand why people don't like Anchorman. But then again, some people don't like sour patch kids. The thing that really blows my mind is when people like anchorman 2 better than anchorman 1. You're not one of those types are you?
No sir. I am not. Will Ferrell is not my cup of whiskey.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
No sir. I am not. Will Ferrell is not my cup of whiskey.

Yum, with sour mix (Yukon Jack will do just fine). I'll buy this first go-around. Better make it 100 proof.

...this will make u like Will Freral as well as life

Oh and my favorite movie is Beerfest :0|)-+<

invitro

May 4, 2012
Oh and my favorite movie is Beerfest :0|)-+<
That's not even the best beer movie.

Strange-Brew.jpg

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Nope. Will Ferrel just doesn't make me laugh, not even in small doses. Like the Austin Powers movies, I don't like them as a whole, but show me an individual scene and I very well may laugh. Quote a scene, and I'll probably join in. Weird.

That's not even the best beer movie.

Strange Brew rules! Love those guys, even have the album. As for Beerfest, I actually worked a little on that movie! The whole opening fest where the tent collapses, that was 3 days of fun for me.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
yah, we've all got our "guilty pleasures" flicks! that's the fun part... trying to figure out/explain why this one or that one sometimes. and it's fun even to quible over likes/dislikes sometimes, like the will ferrel thing - same with a co-worker of mine who seems to watch and likes, like -every single- snl-cast movie! i guess i just don't find every one of them ones i want to "waste" an hour+1/2 of my life on! ("blues brothers" and "wayne's world" are the only standouts in my book; each "classic" but in different classes and for different reasons.)

and, yet, he and i are both passionate fans of todd browning's "freaks" - we like to confuse our other co-workers by reciting entire scenes from memory out loud, lol! :)

you guyz rock! :) plenty of interesting reading... always a pleasure to get to trade thoughts with like minds! now i'm gonna go see if that ps3 tourney is live yet or not...

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Alright who loves Mel Brooks Movies like, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Robin Hood: Men in tights, History of the world: Part 1, Young Frankenstein, Silent Movie, and High Anxiety, of course those were my favorite Mel Brooks movies.

Love Airplane 1 and 2, all 3 Naked Gun Movies, Superhero Movie, Scary Movie, and many others.

I love Comedies, Horror, Action/Adventure, SciFi/Fantasy. Pretty much anything from those Genres. http://youtu.be/VKayG1TrfuE

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
:) how about funniest OLDEST movie you've ever seen?? last weekend/friday TMC had marx bros. all night... i think that might've been the best thing i'd seen in a long time (i'd seen a lot of their movies, but not in a row and not too recently)... they were appropriately the true "intellectual anarchists," even if none of 'em ever graduated high school back then. ;) the three stooges were simply "thug" comedy... laurel and hardy (i love! but...) were just more refined and more "british" (stan laurel i believe was the brit of the two) three stooges with just two guys...

marx bros. though, they were all-american, like a rude bratwurst in your face! lol! ;) (and i guess they were to a lot of women they met along the way ;0)... brilliant stuff they did; multi-talented artists/musicians. kinda stuff i adore out of the human race, as opposed to the "truly offensive" dumb shiz -still- goin' 'round these days, lol! :)

next up old comedy that just has to be appreciated, "singin' in the rain" - truly a funny, FUNNY movie, especially donald o'conner's "make 'em laugh" routine - a jaw-dropper still even these days! no special-effects back then, boiyyyy... he was -really- climbin' those walls!! i've heard it applauded even at recent showings in theaters.

(also having recently seen "on the town" on TCM, where gene kelly and two other dancin' fools go "out on the town" in the classic "navy sailors on the town" routine, was quite hilarious too - somehow i got the feeling watching that, that william shatner probably watched that while growing up and thought, "that's who i'm gonna be - a song-and-dance man!" just because they looked so much alike and had the same stocky build - can picture that! capt. kirk in his yellow shirt, doing a lil' softshoo 'round central park...)

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
My sister a few years ago showed her 7th or 8th grade class Chaplin's Modern Times and they were rolling on the floor laughing. An encouraging sign perhaps.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
dude charlie chaplin died in the late 70s!

edit - serious note its in editing right now, so days? dont quote me on that tho

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
+1 on any Chaplin movies; I particularly like Modern Times and The Gold Rush.

Harold Lloyd and the Keystone Cops prove that pure slapstick never stops being funny. Who needs words? See "Shaun The Sheep" for a modern example.

invitro

May 4, 2012
My sister a few years ago showed her 7th or 8th grade class Chaplin's Modern Times and they were rolling on the floor laughing. An encouraging sign perhaps.
But were they laughing at it, or with it?

Or was laughing even what they were doing while rolling on the floor? I remember what we did in 8th grade when the teacher showed us a video and turned out the lights. We were rolling around on the floor, but we weren't laughing...

P.S. Well sometimes a rude girl or several of them laughed at me, but that's beside the point. I think [MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION] knows what I mean.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I always know what you mean... Now let me read the rest of the words, So I know what I know

...oh yeah totally. They're all gonna laugh at me

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.