Cabinet mode table packs

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Unfortunately I'm in the same boat with holding off until we get an answer on this. Already bought all available tables on the 360 and Android, so I guess I'll just have play TOTAN, T2 (kickstarter) and the demo tables on PC until we know for sure.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Same here. I honestly don't know why they'd want a separate product; I can't think of any benefit. It seems like all it would do is annoy people who already bought stuff and can't upgrade (since even people without cabinets may end up wanting to use a second monitor for backglass/DMD), make purchasing more confusing for the casual/new user, and potentially splinter the community and friends leaderboards into two groups unnecessarily. Plus I'm guessing it would mean one more branch of code to maintain.

I think selling some sort of one-time cabinet mode upgrade that enabled the features might be the way to go.

Sir Cheddar

Jun 7, 2012
I bought both pro packs, the second one as portrait came out.
I understand quite well why you guys don't want to risk it. I hope we get an clarification soon, and that I can buy cabinet support as add-on.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
The near-silence is a bit worrisome. I know the Farsight employees who post here aren't the ones making the decisions (and can't post on anything they haven't been cleared to post on) but it seems like either the decision has been made and it's going to be an upsell of some kind, and they're not ready to announce it, or an upsell is still being considered. If they'd already decided it wouldn't cost more, I can't imagine they'd be holding back that info.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
If FarSight has to exhaust time and energy to make cabinet mode a reality, I would expect them to find a way to make it a la carte to separate the cost for those that want it and those that do not. To me it is still a bargain, either way. In my opinion, a cabinet mode will never add enough value to the base game to justify the increase in demand to support it, and if this mode costs additional money only to those few thousand folks that really want it, it still won't cover the development costs to create it.

Cabinet mode implementation is being done out of love. This seems more like a personal desire and goal than any attempt to make money. That said, the trend for FarSight has always seemed to be about making the game a la carte, to the best of their ability. Cabinet mode will be an add-on, I'm almost certain about this, and I know that I'm going to purchase it as soon as it is available.

striggell

Nov 19, 2013
I'm another user who'd love to see cabinet support (at least a portrait mode with a better camera).

I've already bought all tables - would buy them again if I had to to get cabinet support.

I do think that any 3 screen cabinet support would need to allow a real DMD / pinDMD or a montior - there's a lot of cabinet owners (myself included) who don't have a proper DMD and just use a monitor.

Thanks for an awesome game!! Looks like it will only keep getting better!!

Members online

Members online