Confirmed upcoming tables

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I called GAME STOP they had 1 new copy $19 I seen those copies online for $100+ WTF? Im going to give my copy away....just waiting for the TAXI!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I called GAME STOP they had 1 new copy $19 I seen those copies online for $100+ WTF? Im going to give my copy away....just waiting for the TAXI!
Just because they're asking for that doesn't mean that's what it's worth. I sold mine for $30 (which was MSRP), and it took me six weeks to find a buyer. I expect that value to drop when as TPA re-releases more and more of those tables.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I purchased a pre-owned mint PS3 copy a few months ago for $49 on eBay. It's crazy that the game goes for so much, but it is good. I even had three friends simultaneously wanting to borrow it to expand their pinball horizons after I introduced them to TPA. All of them ended up purchasing PSP Gottlieb and Williams collections because they aren't as expensive.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
For a list of released tables, please check PiN WiZ's thread here
Latest NEWS And INFORMATION From FarSight Studios Concerning The Pinball Arcade

Here's a list of confirmed (unreleased) tables, taken from various sources:
  1. Attack from Mars (taken from Facebook post on February 7 - release date unknown)
  2. Space Shuttle (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  3. Pin•bot (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  4. Big Shot (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  5. Dr. Dude (taken from iOS release description)
  6. TAXI (taken from Facebook post on March 27 - release date unknown)
  7. The Twilight Zone (Kickstarter)
  8. Victory (taken from iOS release description)

This OP really needs updated. Harley Davidson, No Good Gofers, Star Trek TNG, Elvira 1 and 2, Earthshaker... and for Xbox owners like me Creature From the Black Lagoon and Black Knight still isn't out. Am I missing anything? That's 14 to 16 tables on the way (!!!!).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This OP really needs updated. Harley Davidson, No Good Gofers, Star Trek TNG, Elvira 1 and 2, Earthshaker... and for Xbox owners like me Creature From the Black Lagoon and Black Knight still isn't out. Am I missing anything? That's 14 to 16 tables on the way (!!!!).

Good point....except when was Earthshaker confirmed?

EDIT: OP updated.

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
The [updated] ultimate 100, in my opinion:

thepinballarcadewishlis.jpg

I used a similar list in a post months ago, but this one has been revised in light of recent announcements. Fortunately, none of the tables on the list changed much; I just moved the Elvira tables up to the black confirmed section and tweaked a few other things to better reflect the "most wanted" from the forum. Also, remember that these are in no particular order, aside from being organized by manufacturer.

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
My way of thinking is that we'll get a Gottlieb table sometime soon to break up the PHOF: Williams re-releases and equal things out so there are at least two tables per manufacturer.

There was rumours a while back that a Gottlieb table would be coming within the first 6 months (or have I confused two rumours?) so this seems to fit.

I also think that Farsight aren't going to link 'series' tables together so soon to prevent people getting bored of similar themes, so we might not see Scared Stiff or Pin*Bot for a while.

I'm also assuming that the kickstarter tables are going to be standalone, if only because of licensing mumbo jumbo. This breaks up the natural Space Shuttle/Star Trek combo pack.

So my predictions

Pack #7: Attack From Mars and Victory.
Pack #8: Space Shuttle and Dr Dude.

At the end of the day, it might look like a pretty dire choice of re-releases, but there is going to have to be a point where Farsight will be releasing multiple tables that aren't in the IPDB top #20, maybe not even top #50. With Twilight Zone AND Star Trek: TNG already confirmed within the next few months then it makes sense to have a filler table pack or two to pad things out until then.

It's the same logic that Rock Band has, if they threw everything everyone wanted within the first few months then people would get bored and not even bother to try other, less popular DLC.

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
My way of thinking is that we'll get a Gottlieb table sometime soon to break up the PHOF: Williams re-releases and equal things out so there are at least two tables per manufacturer.

There was rumours a while back that a Gottlieb table would be coming within the first 6 months (or have I confused two rumours?) so this seems to fit.

I also think that Farsight aren't going to link 'series' tables together so soon to prevent people getting bored of similar themes, so we might not see Scared Stiff or Pin*Bot for a while.

I'm also assuming that the kickstarter tables are going to be standalone, if only because of licensing mumbo jumbo. This breaks up the natural Space Shuttle/Star Trek combo pack.

So my prediction for Table Pack #07: Space Shuttle and Victory

At the end of the day, it might look like a pretty dire choice of tables, but there is going to have to be a point where Farsight will be releasing multiple tables that aren't in the IPDB top #20, maybe not even top #50. With Twilight Zone AND Star Trek: TNG already confirmed within the next few months then it makes sense to have a filler table pack or two to pad things out until then.

It's the same logic that Rock Band has, if they threw everything everyone wanted within the first few months then people would get bored and not even bother to try other, less popular DLC.

While I follow your logic, I seriously doubt that FarSight would pair two PHoF tables (albeit from different releases). And I actually think that the two Elvira tables WILL be released concurrently, since Scared Stiff has been a highly anticipated release from the beginning and would potentially fall on Halloween for the early-release platforms. Here's my prediction as a counterpoint:

September Table Pack #6: No Good Gofers / Elvira and the Party Monsters
October Table Pack #7: Victory / Scared Stiff
November Table Pack #8: Pin*Bot / Twilight Zone
December Table Pack #9: Space Shuttle / Attack from Mars
January Table Pack #10: Big Shot / Dr. Dude
February Table Pack #11: Firepower / Star Trek TNG

If FarSight has decided to hold off on Scared Stiff, they may pack it with Haunted House for Halloween 2013. I'm sure Elvira would like that, as it would guarantee her some added attention two years in a row. If so, they would probably push Big Shot and Dr. Dude into the October slot and hold off on Victory for a while (since either way they would have another Gottlieb addition).

I also believe that the next Stern we will see [eventually] is The Simpsons Pinball Party, though I would like to get some older tables like Galaxy or Catacomb. And the next two kickstarters will probably be The Addams Family and Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure.

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
So my predictions

Pack #7: Attack From Mars and Victory.
Pack #8: Space Shuttle and Dr Dude.

So, maybe if you combine our thoughts, it would look more like this:

October Table Pack #7: Big Shot / Dr. Dude
November Table Pack #8: Space Shuttle / Attack from Mars
December Table Pack #9: Pin*Bot / Twilight Zone
January Table Pack #10: Firepower / Star Trek TNG
February Table Pack #11: Victory / ???

What do you think would go into the ??? spot for February? White Water? Fish Tales? Maybe something else unexpected? Let's not forget that FS dropped a hint about a table that cost them £11,000. Could that be a hint towards Doctor Who or Tommy Pinball Wizard? Or would those require a kickstarter that would be announced later? And speaking of Tommy, does FarSight even have a game plan for releasing Data East or Sega tables from the Stern license? There really are too many possibilities to be sure, but it sure is fun to speculate...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I know there was some talk about Sharkey's Shootout a few months back. So that may be the next Stern we see, although I would rather see LOTR or Family Guy.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
So, maybe if you combine our thoughts, it would look more like this:

October Table Pack #7: Big Shot / Dr. Dude
November Table Pack #8: Space Shuttle / Attack from Mars
December Table Pack #9: Pin*Bot / Twilight Zone
January Table Pack #10: Firepower / Star Trek TNG
February Table Pack #11: Victory / ???

What do you think would go into the ??? spot for February? White Water? Fish Tales? Maybe something else unexpected? Let's not forget that FS dropped a hint about a table that cost them £11,000. Could that be a hint towards Doctor Who or Tommy Pinball Wizard? Or would those require a kickstarter that would be announced later? And speaking of Tommy, does FarSight even have a game plan for releasing Data East or Sega tables from the Stern license? There really are too many possibilities to be sure, but it sure is fun to speculate...

I can't see the 11k table Jay talked about as anything other than Cactus Canyon. Nothing else really fits.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I think the 11k was the actual table itself, not the license.

But come to think of it, couldn't the 11k table have been Circus Voltaire? I know it'd be a bit of a bummer to have that table already released, but it IS pretty hard to get a hold of it.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Also, they didn't confirm that they spent the $11,000 to buy the table, did they? I think it was just said that they found a table that was selling for that price.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Or they bought then shopped the table wich amounted to $11k.
I think we need to keep in mind THEMES and SPACE seems to be the next one.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Random thoughts on the foregoing:

• Twilight Zone and ST:TNG are not particularly likely to be offered as part of a pack due to complications arising if their backers want the other table of the pair on a console, where the option to buy the individual tables of a pack does not exist.
  • If Twilight Zone is truly still on track for November, the beta testers should be doing their thing soon, or at least FarSight should be preparing the beta testers to do their thing, such as inquiring which platforms they have TPA on. I've not seen any indications that this is happening yet.
  • Disregarding rare tables like CC and BBB, the only two machines I know of that could plausibly command an $11,000 price tag are top-condition MM and AFM tables. (Monster Bash is getting close.) It is possible the reason we've not seen AFM yet is because FarSight had difficulty finding an AFM table for sale at a non-rapacious price.
  • The kickstarter well is currently dry, as I'm afraid Silverball Studios is discovering to their dismay (although I applaud their heroic efforts in trying to drum up interest). The only one that might possibly succeed right now is TAF, and that only if the amount needed is not completely out of line. Even then, unless license terms dictated otherwise, I'd still wait six months or so. Everyone will be in the holiday cash-crunch soon; better to wait until tax refund season. They've got unlicensed tables (and TZ and ST:TNG) to release in the meantime.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
[*]Twilight Zone and ST:TNG are not particularly likely to be offered as part of a pack due to complications arising if their backers want the other table of the pair on a console, where the option to buy the individual tables of a pack does not exist.

Actually, I just thought the kickstarter tables would be offered at $3.99 individually or paired with a PHoF table for $4.99 (with the PHoF table being $1.99 individually). Backers would still save $3 per $10 increment they committed to the kickstarter, plus any other rewards they hit. I'm a backer, and I see that as a perfectly reasonable way of pricing them. No need to break the 2-table pack trend just because 1000~ players out of [potentially] millions will get one of them for free. If you're referring to the fact that consoles haven't offered previous tables individually, I still don't see that as a problem. It just means that PSN/XBL will get 3 new DLC options, individually priced tables (x2) and a 2-pack for a bargain price. It's happened on plenty of other games, after all, and since PSN has offered one of its three packs for free when other platforms have not, that should tell you that console DLC pricing/bundling isn't always going to remain consistent.

[*]The kickstarter well is currently dry, as I'm afraid Silverball Studios is discovering to their dismay (although I applaud their heroic efforts in trying to drum up interest). The only one that might possibly succeed right now is TAF, and that only if the amount needed is not completely out of line. Even then, unless license terms dictated otherwise, I'd still wait six months or so. Everyone will be in the holiday cash-crunch soon; better to wait until tax refund season. They've got unlicensed tables (and TZ and ST:TNG) to release in the meantime.

There are three critical issues behind Silverball Studios' kickstarter. First, the goal is massively unrealistic. Two, the goal of the kickstarter remains remarkably unclear depending on which page of their multi-URL spread you land on. And three, compared to TPA, there is little incentive to support a company making a "realistic" simulator of digitally-realized tables that never actually existed. Personally, I believe that TPA players continue to contribute because they feel that they're part of a higher goal, a real initiative to craft a virtual museum of historically significant entertainment. I would gladly support up to four kickstarters per year, one per season, and I think most players are the same. Even if you're living month-to-month, you're likely to have another $10-$50 to pitch in as long as kickstarters aren't overlapped or stacked too closely. You just can't make a blanket statement that the "kickstarter well is currently dry". You still need to have a clear, worthy, and obtainable goal.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts