Confirmed upcoming tables

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I think it was that T2 would be the next Kickstarter / premium table.

Damn Nik! I was hoping that they would have solved that license business with Addams Family already. I'm still hoping for a next year's release for that table. I'm happy with T2 as well! :D

N

Nik Barbour

I'm not positive on this.
Just thought I'd read it somewhere.

Hope they do sort TAF licencing Rafie. This would be a monster TPA draw & big seller.

I know this is going against the grain, but I'm not a big TAF fan - just can't get into it somehow. (I used to play the real table a lot when it was first out too).

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I'm not positive on this.
Just thought I'd read it somewhere.

Hope they do sort TAF licencing Rafie. This would be a monster TPA draw & big seller.

I know this is going against the grain, but I'm not a big TAF fan - just can't get into it somehow. (I used to play the real table a lot when it was first out too).

Wow that's the first time I'm hearing someone didn't particularly like TAF. Then again...you like what you like and you don't what you don't. It's all good. I'm sure you will still playing it when it drops no the 360, right?:D

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'd love to see TAF as the next kickstarter after T2, but also would be psyched to see Williams Indiana Jones or Data East Star Wars.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Wow that's the first time I'm hearing someone didn't particularly like TAF. Then again...you like what you like and you don't what you don't. It's all good. I'm sure you will still playing it when it drops no the 360, right?:D

Say hello to a second. I've never been big on TAF.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I thought I would check out the real table because everyone ranks it so high. Didn't see what the big deal was, thought the real TZ table was so much better. I will still buy TAF if it is released, but don't know if I would contribute to a kickstarter, but then again maybe I am done with kickstarters.

WildWingMafia

Nov 8, 2012
TAF was a big deal because it really started/promoted the new wave of pinball with tons of great dialogue, sound effects, toys, etc. Add in a hand that grabbed the ball and a magnet that moved the ball on the playfield and it got peoples attention. Not to mention the original table was LOUD in all the places I went. I could hear The Mamushka and Bear Skin noises from across the room in a crowded bowling alley and it made me investigate. For people who thought they knew what pinball was - TAF changed that. (T2 mightve been a bit before it, but TAF took giant leaps toward convincing the mainstream to play pinball.) Do I enjoy Monster Bash and Scared Stiff better? You bet. Do I still WANT TAF? A resounding yes...

But not until FarSight fixes what theyve already released. (will continue to be a broken record until it happens. Hope others will join me. Think of it like a signature.)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
TAF was a big deal because it really started/promoted the new wave of pinball with tons of great dialogue, sound effects, toys, etc. Add in a hand that grabbed the ball and a magnet that moved the ball on the playfield and it got peoples attention. Not to mention the original table was LOUD in all the places I went. I could hear The Mamushka and Bear Skin noises from across the room in a crowded bowling alley and it made me investigate. For people who thought they knew what pinball was - TAF changed that. (T2 mightve been a bit before it, but TAF took giant leaps toward convincing the mainstream to play pinball.) Do I enjoy Monster Bash and Scared Stiff better? You bet. Do I still WANT TAF? A resounding yes...

For all those reasons, you nailed it. It was in every movie theater lobby you went into. It's not like it was the first licensed table, but it certainly was the one that showed exactly how to do a license right. I like to think of it as the Nirvana of the pinball world though. When Nirvana hit, it was like a nuke going off. They sold big, but systematically killed every other style of rock music. Glam rock, heavy metal, new wave, electronic, hard rock; they all just went up in smoke and everything turned grunge. Same thing with TAF, where suddenly every table had to be super toy heavy and needed a licensed theme.

Master of Trolls

Dec 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that, Farsight were planning something like 50 tables. Does anybody know what their plans are after that? I know it's a little early to think that far ahead, but I do hope they plan on continuing this project beyond the original estimated tables.

roblopinball72

Dec 25, 2012
Here's my list of tables that should be released:

High Speed (1986)
Genie (1979)
Haunted House (1982)
Eight-Ball Deluxe (1992)
Batman (1991)
Black Knight 2000 (1989)
Whirlwind (1990)
Space Shuttle (1984)
Pin-Bot (1986)
Stars 'n' Stripes (1976)
Gilligan's Island (1993)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that, Farsight were planning something like 50 tables. Does anybody know what their plans are after that? I know it's a little early to think that far ahead, but I do hope they plan on continuing this project beyond the original estimated tables.

They've got a license to do (x) amount of games, and then they have to pay again for the next batch. So long as there is interest, there is no reason they wouldn't re-up for more. That is the fear though, what happens when neither table of a table pack is even in the top 20 most desired games? We'll have to show our usual support is what!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They've got a license to do (x) amount of games, and then they have to pay again for the next batch. So long as there is interest, there is no reason they wouldn't re-up for more. That is the fear though, what happens when neither table of a table pack is even in the top 20 most desired games? We'll have to show our usual support is what!
I've never played a pin that I wouldn't buy for a few bucks. And if FS puts out a table that I've never heard of, then I would buy it out of curiosity. I can't think of a scenario where I wouldn't buy a table. I'm sure there are many more others that feel the same way.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Agreed, though I own a few tables on iOS that I'm unlikely to purchase for the Wii U release. iPad seems like a good testing ground as I expect the console prices will be higher.

I'll be curious to see what they do for the Wii U. Personally I think a higher initial price with more tables will be more successful than a lower entry with only one or two and DLC right out the gate. Wii U download-only games seem to be retailing between US$7-15 at the moment (not counting sale prices in effect in Europe).

As long as there's a mix of new and re-releases from the previous collections I think they'll do okay with maintaining interest. Heck I'll even get El Dorado and Genie and they weren't exactly my favourites on the Gottlieb collection.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
TAF was a big deal because it really started/promoted the new wave of pinball with tons of great dialogue, sound effects, toys, etc. Add in a hand that grabbed the ball and a magnet that moved the ball on the playfield and it got peoples attention. Not to mention the original table was LOUD in all the places I went. I could hear The Mamushka and Bear Skin noises from across the room in a crowded bowling alley and it made me investigate. For people who thought they knew what pinball was - TAF changed that.

It's interesting: A while back, I took my six-year-old daughter to the Pinball Wizard arcade in Pelham, and played a bunch of tables with her, usually with her operating one flipper and me operating the other (which made for short playtimes, but was still fun). She was familiar with several of the games there through TPA, but the one that grabbed her immediately and had her demanding more was The Addams Family.

And she doesn't know the Addams Family from Adam. She had no previous familiarity with the movies, Charles Addams' original cartoons, the old TV show, or the many animated and live-action revivals, knockoffs, parodies and pastiches of same. She also had no idea that this thing was famous for being the most successful pinball ever. Yet she instantly found it hilarious and involving and wanted to play it again and again. Something about it is just inherently appealing.

Jan 6, 2013
I feel the same way too.I will buy tables i have not heard of too.And just doing my job to support .I hope f.s. keeps them coming i will buy them they are doing a great job,I am on the xbox 360 I am dying to get content 4 I wish f.s. could give us 360 guys some news

Members online

Members online