Confirmed upcoming tables

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
Of the tables we know are coming, I'm probably most excited for Pin*Bot. Sure, it's got brutal outlanes, but it's a classic, and I kinda wish it had come sooner. But, hey, I know it's coming, and I'm happy. I hope the TPA physics make it more enjoyable than the 3DS PHoF port. I enjoy Python Anghelo's designs a lot (Taxi is probably my favorite machine ever, if only for the fact that I played it as a little kid in the bowling alley.)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Of the tables we know are coming, I'm probably most excited for Pin*Bot. Sure, it's got brutal outlanes, but it's a classic, and I kinda wish it had come sooner. But, hey, I know it's coming, and I'm happy. I hope the TPA physics make it more enjoyable than the 3DS PHoF port. I enjoy Python Anghelo's designs a lot (Taxi is probably my favorite machine ever, if only for the fact that I played it as a little kid in the bowling alley.)

Python is more of an artist than a designer. Pinbot was a Barry Oursler game *with assistance from* Python, and Taxi was a Mark Ritchie game *with assistance from* Python.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Python is more of an artist than a designer. Pinbot was a Barry Oursler game *with assistance from* Python, and Taxi was a Mark Ritchie game *with assistance from* Python.

I was listening to Chris Granner's TOPCast interview yesterday. He was the sound guy on both of these tables along with many, many more. Granner gave me the impression that Python was more than just the art guy that was given a whitewood and theme and told "here, draw it." He made it sound as though Python had a lot to do with the conception of most of the tables he was involved in. Other interviews I've heard also gave that impression as well. Of course, if you listen to Python's TOPCast interview, he makes it sound like he did it all. I've taken this as Python was the art guy on these tables but also had a hand in their design and an even bigger hand in coming up with the theme and how to implement it.

With the exception of Pinball Circus, it doesn't look like Python was ever in charge of a design team while at Williams. Of course, this was at the end of his time there. If you look at the list of games he was involved in, Python seemed to work mostly with designers that weren't known for being of the "total control" mindset like Steve Ritchie and Pat Lawlor. He worked with guys like Ousler and Mark Ritchie who took more of a team approach. Barry Ousler and Mark Ritchie may have been the "team leaders" but I doubt their hand in design was as close to 100% as the two mentiond above.

One thing is for sure. I don't think there has been an art guy as heavily involved in the creation and design of pinball tables as Python Anghelo.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Any news, at all, or even speculation at this point, about EarthShaker?

It's a glaring omission from the product IMO. It's one of those tables that just -needs- to be on PBA.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Any news, at all, or even speculation at this point, about EarthShaker?

It's a glaring omission from the product IMO. It's one of those tables that just -needs- to be on PBA.
Whirlwind is known to be coming at some point. While Earthshaker! is a great game; it plays very similar to Whirlwind and I'm not sure TPA needs both - at least not right away.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I keep expecting to hear something about Fish Tales or High Speed. But all is quiet on the confirmed table front. I was hoping table info would slip out by mistake in the last Jeff/Bobby interview, but no luck.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I looooove Earthshaker, but yeah, it is very similar to Whirlwind. Essentially a mirror table. Maybe by the time they get around to it they'll be able to do prototype mods on tables so that the earthquake center board can be motorized ;)

In place of Earthshaker, I'd gladly take the apex of all Lawlor had worked on to that point...Red and Ted's Roadshow. Ya got your 2 'rudy' heads, ya got your table rumbler, ya got your storm cellars...it's like a greatest hits table!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Shutyertrap, you've been to their offices haven't you? how about a stealth visit by night to see what pins they have there now or were you blindfolded last time?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Shutyertrap, you've been to their offices haven't you? how about a stealth visit by night to see what pins they have there now or were you blindfolded last time?

There's only one real surprise left of the batch I saw when up there. Maybe I can arrange another visit this summer and get another sneak peak.

karl

May 10, 2012
Both W Water and the other one have been at Big Bear Lake since long before Christmas so there is probably a few new surprises waiting if anyone is lucky enough to make it up there. ;-)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Why do I have a feeling we're going to hear about a break-in at the FarSight offices where nothing was taken, just pools of drool left at the scene?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Champion Pub would be a great addition. Would also like to see NBA Fastbreak but not sure about the licensing for that one. Maybe since they are all old players now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
NBA Fastbreak will not be happening.

Bobby told me that dealing with the Players Association for members currently on the roster is tricky enough, but then going after former players? Nigh impossible. Sports and music pins, just too damn expensive to license.

And believe me when I say that crushed me, 'cause NBA Fastbreak is one of my favorite pins.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts