Contact Valve To Request The Pinball Arcade On Steam...DIRECT LINK ENCLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiN

Apr 15, 2012
Steam is ok, I hated it at first now I find it convenient. however gone are the days where you can sell your old games, which I never did but I liked the freedom.

I will send them a email, now I know what to say, thanks.

Edit: Email sent, I can't believe steam would be so prejudice. This is the only pinball game I would play, it's different to the rest, it is a piece of history. I don't know how many people will buy it but what do they have to loose?

Last edited:

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Sadly I dont think emailing Valve will make them change their minds... They are very ignorant.

Hopefully they smarten up and realise what a great opportunity it would be to have TPA...
If not, then their loss...

Last edited:

Toploader

May 8, 2012
I've e-mailed, although I'd much much rather see it on Desura.com or GoG.com, but I understand FS will do better from it having Steam as a DRM back end.

mxfh

May 21, 2012
For your consideration

I doubt that they would deny it based on perceived popularity, there were all kinds of half-hearted XBox-live ports added to Steam lately, which didn't even bother to add fullscreen full-hd options.

As far as I know there is even an option to use steam for distribution/updating only without being forced in an actual DRM scheme.
DRM free games on steam (reddit)
I think this would be the best way to go.

Would be great to finally see a decent Pinball game on PC/Steam.
Maybe its better contact them directly via steamworks@valvesoftware.com as mentioned in the Steamworks FAQ
Yet I would stay away from hammering them, just point them to this thread with a single well written mail and/or contact them if possible via twitter or facebook to get some visibility for the issue.

Or heck just go the Steam Event in Toronto this week and meet them ;)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Would someone at FarSight please comment on this post and clear up any confusion there may be about this? The PC fans on Facebook would like to know what's going on.

I sent an email but I really don't understand that, Steam doesn't have any kind of regulations over what kind of content they sell, they have the best AAA titles and super indie games made by 2 people in a garage, no one has a problem getting their games in there. It sounds really strange that they will do that to Pinball Arcade...

While obviously there are some regulations from Valve. TPA clearly would not be in danger of violating regs. So whats cracka-lackin? o_O

Last edited:

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
I tried sending a message, but I can't get past the anti-spam text entry. I've tried over 20 times!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
As a current consumer and member of Steam since the day The Orange box released. I join my fellow friends of the FarSight Studio soft titled : The Pinball Arcade , in asking the management of Steam to include the PC version and it's consequitive DLC paks in the Steam store . Pinball games such as this have never been so meticulous in detail , and you will find a suprising large audience of willing consumers ready to play the old arcade pinballs from their childhood.

Please also consider that FarSight has licensed TwilightZone Pinball for a future DLC pack expansion, and the demand for the game when this hit should double the potential user base it currently has.

I myself own the Pinball Arcade and all current DLCs for Vita and Sony Ps3 , I am ready to buy a PC version once it hits the steam store.

Sincerely, Dale R. Engelhardt
ATF SinistarOPS

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Are we doing the right thing by sending messages to Steam? Surely if the only limiting factor was the distribution method, we'd have heard more news from FarSight on the PC release than "_______". Footage, screens, a date, a questionnaire on what we think would be the best way to get it out there... but nothing.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Are we doing the right thing by sending messages to Steam? Surely if the only limiting factor was the distribution method, we'd have heard more news from FarSight on the PC release thanFootage, screens, a date, a questionnaire on what we think would be the best way to get it out there... but nothing.

FarSight knows , as I do that PC game distribution can only suceed over STEAM , the major game retailers have all but dropped PC games , and share very little shelf space for anything but the biggest games of the year. Piracy is another factor , only in a steam type platform , Steam, Origin , or Impulse , can their PC version stand a chance to be distributed and hit it's target audience , without the danger of being handed out for free to people who would rather steal it than buy it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
If you think of how many messages people have sent to this Steam outfit and not one person has had a response, what does that tell you about this bunch. Arrogant and rude. Just who do they think they are. They are worse than Apple - censoring what people can buy. If someone argues that they have a right to choose whether they sell a game or not then fair enough but at least they should have the decency to respond to customers queries. They know PA will sell well because the millions of downloads show there is an interest in Pinball, so why don't they give in. It's because they are stubborn and don't want to be proved wrong. They don't need the money and I will never use them to purchase software no matter how much I want it.

I think we are all wasting our time writing to this lot.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok let me clue you in on Steam / Valve Games , they are the biggest distributor of PC games in the USA and possibly the world . they singlehandedly pushed PC games off the store shelves and into the home download market . A PC game without Steam Store has cut it's chances to suceeed in 3 quarters more than half . they are the big dog of the videogame industry and most major game developers like EA are trying to mimic their business model, with copycat services.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
That's no reason to beg them. If they are so big then there is no excuse for them not to answer queries from customers particularly when so many customers ask the same question. It's about time people start supporting the competition and break their monopoly.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Once the game has become more popular , Valve will probably change their mind and ok the game for their store. It's up to us to spread the word and get it to that recognition.

mxfh

May 21, 2012
Steam says:
No more mails please.

July 9, 2012 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Steam Greenlight, a new platform feature that enlists the community’s help in selecting some of the next games to be released on Steam.

Steam Greenlight will allow developers and publishers to post information and media about their game in an effort to convince the Community that their game should be released on Steam. Greenlight piggybacks on Steam Workshop’s flexible system that organizes content and lets customers rate and leave feedback.

As well as serving as a clearing house for game submissions, Greenlight will provide an incredible level of added exposure for new games and an opportunity to connect directly with potential customers and fans.

“Making the call to publish or not publish a title isn’t fun,” said Anna Sweet, at Valve. “Many times opinions vary and our internal jury is hung on a decision. But with the introduction of the Steam Workshop we realized an opportunity to enlist the community's help as we review certain titles and, hopefully, increase the volume and quality of creative submissions.”

Steam Greenlight will be released August 30.

store.steampowered.com/news/8367/

steamcommunity.com/greenlight

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
Other PC game options are:

gog.com - not just old
gamersgate.com - they sell some odd-ball titles
desura.com - geared towards indie games

I have bought games online from all of these fine establishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.