Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks for keeping us updated, Mike. Let's hope that the cabinet version will get some serious priority after the dx11 build is finished

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Although the cabinet table view looks pretty good I noticed you cannot see the instruction cards. Although in a virtual cab you could argue the cab has cards, sometimes seeing the virtual table cards is still desirable. Therefore if there is some possibility in the future to define bespoke views per table by positioning the camera yourself that would be ideal.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Didn't they display this same cab at a different expo over a year ago? I don't think it's really progress, sadly...

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
Yes probably...
In the meantime, a view like the one on the above video would be perfectly suitable for a "standard portrait mode" and way better than the current ones ;)

Last edited:

poposchmatzer

Dec 24, 2014
Is there a update, timeframe or information about cab support? Long time after anncouncing a statement would be appropriate, what do you think FS?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Just seems odd that something like this has/is taken sooo long to implement when less unprofitable programs implemented such features years ago

RickMcDaniel

Dec 25, 2012
Why not a Kickstarter campaign to finish the cabinet support? I would think that it would be hugely supported and bring in the $$ necessary to finish the project.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Why not a Kickstarter campaign to finish the cabinet support? I would think that it would be hugely supported and bring in the $$ necessary to finish the project.

Because FarSight isn't some start up game studio. They have been around for 20+ years, and should be able to finish a project like cab support, as promised, without asking for handouts. Throwing money at them is not going to speed up the project.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Just seems odd that something like this has/is taken sooo long to implement when less unprofitable programs implemented such features years ago

Yeah, I just don't get it. I pretty much stopped playing Pinball Arcade because every time I turn it on all I can think is "Why the F does this not have cab support yet?!?".

This isn't rocket science.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I am afraid they are trying to find a way to monetize it as a complete cab ala Ultrapin/Multipin except for pay for play.....I hope I am wrong......:(

karl

May 10, 2012
It has very little to do with the difficulty of porting it to cab. It is all about priority.

Especially after the team got smaller last year they have prioritized things that will make them more money, who can blame them. They have made 2 new apps, (bowling and that other one) made Ghostbusters, ported tpa over to the next gen consoles, handled another kickstarter, worked on 360, etc, etc.

My only hope is that since most of those things are done now, Mike(and his helpers) will have at least a couple of days every month to work on this and dX 11. I am betting dx11 will come before cabinet, still (and it should).

Other platforms is also looming in the distant future, like Nintendo for instant. This, along with a new UI and other things like new tournament settings means that it could be a while yet until we see cabinet support since they have given no real update to tell us cab is a priority.

If the team had just a couple of weeks to work on cabinet, alone I am betting they could finish this thing. PS! wasn't there also some license issues that popped up regarding cabinet? I might remember wrong here. Let's hope I do :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts