Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Over at VPForums I read that the owner of Farsight has taken delivery of a Virtuapin.
Questions that immediately come to mind...

What will he use it for?
1) To play Visual Pinball which has full cab support?
2) Pinball FX2 which has Cab Support?
3) Unity 3D with Cab Support?
4) TPA (out of the box) with NO cab support?
5) TPA with NoEx and Robert's CamMod/CabMod?
6) A bespoke special in-house version of TPA with full cab support just for him?

Would be nice to know what he will use his massive investment for.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
We already know Farsight have a virtuapin, it's what they've been demoing at shows.

Yes I know that the company Farsight have one - there was a video posted over a year ago. I said the owner has taken delivery of one.

Quote from VPForums posted yesterday (Virtuapin):

Not likely. I talk to them quite a bit, and we just shipped a VirtuaPin to the owner of Farsight, even.
There are other projects in the pipe, and their cab support has come a long way. It's just not ready yet, and, in business, priorities can change.

Source:
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32491&page=2#entry319721

So my questions are still valid. What will he run on it?

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i wonder if he wears boxers or briefs. whats he eat for breakfast, does **** **** smell!

Guys im normally all for insider tidbits but come on even if this is true its a mans personal life.

Keep speculation to business and farsight only.

Creep out factor!(very unprofesssional of virtuapin to name drop a private customers delivery)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I kind of agree with you that the info is private unless the owner said it was ok to say he had purchased one which may well be the case. However as the information is now in the open, it is reasonable to speculate what he will use it for. There are only a limited number of software a cab can be used for! So will it be the open source stuff developed over many years by the community or will it be TPA.

karl

May 10, 2012
Since the info is already out there, I speculate that only good things can come out of this. :)

Jay: How's it going with that cab support thing we have been promising users for a long time?
Farsight develop team: But, but, but we have other priorities. You know that!
Jay: Hey man, I just got myself this beautiful virtuapin cabinet and let me tell ya, those nagging fans were right all along. This thing rocks. Now, who wants to keep their job and get cracking on this thing
Farsight develop team: Yes sir, we're on it, sir

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Jay: How's it going with that cab support thing we have been promising users for a long time?
Jay: Hey man, I just got myself this beautiful virtuapin cabinet and let me tell ya, those nagging fans were right all along. This thing rocks. Now who wants to keep their job and get cracking on this thing
+1 Jay has to push silent Bob. :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
since the info is already out there, i speculate that only good things can come out of this. :)

jay: How's it going with that cab support thing we have been promising users for a long time?
Jay: Hey man, i just got myself this beautiful virtuapin cabinet and let me tell ya, those nagging fans were right all along. This thing rocks. Now who wants to keep their job and get cracking on this thing
farsight develop team: Yes sir, we're on it, sir

lol ;)

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Since the info is already out there, I speculate that only good things can come out of this. :)

Jay: Hey man, I just got myself this beautiful virtuapin cabinet and let me tell ya, those nagging fans were right all along. This thing rocks. Now, who wants to keep their job and get cracking on this thing

Nice....I will speculate on the counter-point:

Jay: Did we kill that cab support thing we have been promising to release to users for a long time?
Farsight develop team: Yes, the public knows it is "indefinately on hold". Some forum members really got their panties in a twist, there are some pretty disappointed people over there...lol
Jay: LOL....Who cares? By the way, there won't be any "portrait" mode in the Stern app....right?
Farsight develop team: Nope!
Jay: That's good. Oh, before I leave, did you put that cab support build together for me? My Virtuapin is arriving soon.
Farsight develop team: Yeah...it's on your desk.
Jay: Thanks! Glad I don't have to wait for this....owning the company has it's perks.....NOW GET BACK TO WORK! :p

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
NoEx's and Robert's excellent CamMod/CabMod running in my cabinet. Thanks guys.

Hey Jay - Take a look at the PinDMD - it is eagerly awaiting TPA support ;)

tapcabmod2.jpg

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION]: I am pretty sure they had PinDMD working in the demo cabinet that was sent to Farsight last year. I could have sworn I saw a video of it working from one of the expos. BTW: Nice looking cab. I haven't had a chance to set this up yet.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION]: I am pretty sure they had PinDMD working in the demo cabinet that was sent to Farsight last year. I could have sworn I saw a video of it working from one of the expos. BTW: Nice looking cab. I haven't had a chance to set this up yet.

That is the sad part about it. They had it basically running over year ago, and now indefinitely postponed...

Darquayle

Sep 29, 2012
For those of you who are handy with Photoshop or similar graphics tool, you can actually create a three screen experience with the current version of the freecammod. I spent some time this week doing this for my system and it turned out really good. I still think the new version will be even better but at least for now I'm able to still have a much better simulated TPA experience.

Spitfire

Apr 6, 2013
Hi all I also would love 3 screen cab support after the news that TPA have postponed their cab support. Here is what they told me on Facebook after telling me in Messanger that they were working on it for years.

Me - "So I am reading in the forums that Cabinet mode is no longer going ahead. Can you please let me know if this is true and if so why? I have bought every season of TPA in waiting for Cabinet mode for my virtual 3 screen pinball machine? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Joe"

TPA - "Hello there Joe! Unfortunately Cab support has been put on hold due to licensing issues. Sorry for the trouble."

Me - "I read also that you now are Working with Stern Pinball. Are we maybe going to see a Virtual Stern pinball cabinet for sale soon? And is this the reason cab support has been put on hold? Thanks Joe"

TPA - "This is the reason we have put this on hold. We will be releasing more details on the Stern partnership in the future. ��"

I guess I need to find the time to try out this Mods and thanks for all your efforts guys, as can't bring myself to play TPA much on my 3 screen cabinet without the right look and definately not without the feedback I get when playing Visual Pinball just not as good without that extra feeling and lighting display. Even though I have bought every season in readiness for cabinet support that was promised to me directly from TPA through Facebook messages but now definately seems no longer to be delivered!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.