Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
mod needs to be updated with current executable offset values each month
If you can run offline till the update is out your gold
if you want to try the new table of the month asap the mod won't work for a wee bit of time
the manual stretch does work in the old (LOL its the old now) T formation

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Just loaded up the mod...new version...and loaded up Frankenstein. Do I need to create a camera file for this table? Ive been using the standard camera files for the other tables...theyre great, but can't find a camera file for this table, so I wasn't sure if i am to create my own, copy and paste one of the others, or wether one is already there somewhere. Plus, I wasn't sure if I did create and save a new one, what it needs to be saved as. Cheers guys.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just loaded up the mod...new version...and loaded up Frankenstein. Do I need to create a camera file for this table? Ive been using the standard camera files for the other tables...theyre great, but can't find a camera file for this table, so I wasn't sure if i am to create my own, copy and paste one of the others, or wether one is already there somewhere. Plus, I wasn't sure if I did create and save a new one, what it needs to be saved as. Cheers guys.

Robert has kindly done the work :)
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10853-Frankenstein-Backglass

I need to load it up myself, but I know he put the cam file and backgkass in the above thread.

:)

Star_Gazer

Oct 27, 2015
NoEx, what a great job!, happy to use my homemade cabinet with your tool! Will post a nice picture of it soon! :p

Is there anyway to have cabinet support, without the Aero? Seems my graphics card can only use the aero theme on 1 monitor, if i expand the desktop and use 2 monitors the Vista theme returns to basic. Still very happy with 1 monitor support though, but help appreciated!

Also is there anyway to stop Pinball Arcade updating on steam, so my setup will always be working?

LucidLight

Jun 1, 2015
Whats needed to resolve this is an adjustment for keystone correction to the output ed image like many HD projectors have this wouldn't affect the assets just the visual output to square up the image and keep the proportians more accurate..
Like this for example
2-5-Keystone-Correction_tcm13-478070.jpg

NoEx would have to comment if this kind of camera adjustment could happen at the mod level or if it would require farsight to allow it ingame.
That would be amazing! NoEX, is that possible?

firebrand007

Jul 10, 2015
Start the mod once in online mode and double click the icon, grab the generated file, copy it on an usb key (or whatever you want) and paste it the mod folder on the computer/cabinet where you don't have an internet connection.

If the mod isn't able to connect to the update server, it will check if the offline file exists and get all the needed data from it. You can see that the offline mode is activated in the notification message displayed when you start the mod, it's written (OFFLINE MODE) in the title.

Worked liked a charm, thanks NoEX!

Jmorken

Oct 21, 2015
Quick question:
I'm working on building a VP cabinet and am wondering about graphics cards, DX11, and how it's working with the camera mod. Since running a 3 monitor setup requires two video cards, do both cards need to be DX11 compatible, or can I run the third monitor off an old DX9 graphics card I have kicking around? If so, does it matter if it's the backglass or the DMD are running on the non-DX11 card?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
A good mid range card should suffice. Modern cards can run around 6 six displays from one card, so you shouldn't need more than one.
I have an old 560ti and everything is good.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Not an expert on cards...however...im running the mod with all 3 monitors working from one card. Seems to run quite well, but I guess it comes down to the card you use.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
theres no way to get that data from the game to make active backglasses.
What ya have to do is cycle to 3rd camera view which shows the backglass on the playfield..without official support its just the way it is.

It would be great to be able to set the camera view as a press and hold vs a toggle tho. So if your playfield view is default you could set one button that while its pressed itshows the backglass but when released it returned to the default view.

fastdraw

Oct 29, 2015
How about reading the mod's setup guide?

***; DMD position is locked by default.

DMDLockedPos=0

; DMD size is locked by default.

DMDLockedSize=0 ******

=================
I read but he don't explain how to resize the dmd ? what's the syntax ? for settings.ini

thx

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
***; DMD position is locked by default.

DMDLockedPos=0

; DMD size is locked by default.

DMDLockedSize=0 ******

=================
I read but he don't explain how to resize the dmd ? what's the syntax ? for settings.ini

thx

to resize the dmd you have to click and drag on the bottom right hand corner of the dmd on the screen. the aspect ratio of the dmd can't be adjusted so it just scales larger or smaller. (that is in the guide btw thats what NoEx is referring to)but it doesn't stretch in one direction only.

this is why i put the blackbars on the left and right of the backglass files to maintain a better aspect ratio for a two screen setup. so the scaling of the dmd better matches the space reserved for it in the image files

fastdraw

Oct 29, 2015
to resize the dmd you have to click and drag on the bottom right hand corner of the dmd on the screen. the aspect ratio of the dmd can't be adjusted so it just scales larger or smaller. (that is in the guide btw thats what NoEx is referring to)but it doesn't stretch in one direction only.

this is why i put the blackbars on the left and right of the backglass files to maintain a better aspect ratio for a two screen setup. so the scaling of the dmd better matches the space reserved for it in the image files

thank and sorry :eek: I had not seen him

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.