DLC Release Date

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Haha. Your post finally helped a simple apples vs oranges difference to finally click thru my thick skull. :eek: While both come wirh 4 built-in tables, Pinball Arcade is built like a game, not an app. A true game hub like Pinball FX2, Game Room, or Hasbro Family Game Night can function completely separate from its bundled DLC. In other words, I can ignore the core FX2 tables (which many here think suck) and still play the new Avengers DLC. With TPA I can't pass on purchasing the core tables and still use the base game to play the Cirqus/Funhouse DLC. Thinking of them as DLC, the lack of trials makes sense, but FX2 has trained me to think of tables as individual games.

On Android, it's different: TPA is a free download and does act like a hub there, with free trials that let you play part of a game. Not only that, they've got the free ad-supported Table of the Month, so that you can actually play one complete game without paying anything.

(And that's exactly how they got it on my phone, even though I'd already bought the thing on the 360: the free table at the time was Cirqus Voltaire, which I couldn't get on my XBox. What do you know... I ended up buying lots of tables on Android too. I guess it worked as a marketing strategy, at least on me.)

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
Well let us hope that the Major Nelson site missed it since it isn't listed in the known for next week add-ons. It would not be unheard of for them to miss it.

phantomfriar2002

Apr 13, 2012
To follow up on the lighting discussion -- also worth checking is your Xbox's HDMI setting. I found that Expanded was too dark for my 60' plasma, set it to Standard and Black Hole in particular is MUCH better now.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
To follow up on the lighting discussion -- also worth checking is your Xbox's HDMI setting. I found that Expanded was too dark for my 60' plasma, set it to Standard and Black Hole in particular is MUCH better now.

Rule of thumb is: TV = Standard, PC monitor = Expanded

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
That would be a nice surprise! Just needed one letter to complete the grand finale and I missed the ball rolling down the flipper! Arghhhh! Completed cv the other day too. I love j-pop's tables, only two flipper play keeps the ball flowing better in my opinion.

N

Nik Barbour

If it all comes off - could be getting dlc#3 for xbox & dlc#5 beta for Android all today.
Trying not to get my hopes up but it's not working - excitement is building!

Sods law - i'm mega busy today as well, and am going to have next to no time to play, if they do all release.
Could be a 2 o clock in the morning job like when dlc 1&2 xbox released.
Asleep at my desk tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts