DLC Schedule For The Next Six Months

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I love older games. I have a lot of the older systems (though I don't have (NOT don't like, silly typo) Vectrex or Odyssey 2) and some old computers, as well. cool. What about Grand Lizard? That one looks interesting as well, and has System 11 hardware. I hope more of the double playfield games make it. Personally, I would like to see Black Knight released with another double playfield game, but I'm fine with it coming with Creature From the Black Lagoon, as well.
''

Whoa Odyssey 2? that brings back memories. I always had a debate with my friend on which was the better system. It was more about skill than anything else as most all of the games you had 1 life and that was it. You shoot for your best scores and that was the fun thing that I loved. I Only could afford 1 (Much like today's console wars) And preferred O2.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I would like to see Taxi, but I'm skeptical of Harley Davidson Stern (though the Bally one doesn't sound all that great either).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Has the DLC for July been officially announced yet? Isn't this about the time of the month for that news to come out?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight doesn't want to overshadow the PS3 (NA) and PS Vita (NA) DLC releases.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
FarSight doesn't want to overshadow the PS3 (NA) and PS Vita (NA) DLC releases.

That makes sense. Nothing like the excitement of new tables.
Do you remember back in the day, when you walked into a real arcade and they changed tables? The excitement of new tables, and being bummed when they pulled one of your favorites.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hopefully that means we'll get the Elvira tables in October now. If that's the case, then I'll gladly accept being wrong. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I have only three words to say to this news...MOVE YER CAR!!!

(Well, more than three words: An Elvira two-pack for October would indeed be bloody amazing, even if it takes Microsoft until November to approve it on the 360.)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
(Well, more than three words: An Elvira two-pack for October would indeed be bloody amazing, even if it takes Microsoft until November to approve it on the 360.)

Party Monsters was great in 1989, but isn't that good compared to modern tables - it's a victim of insufficient technology, or more precisely, the innovations made since then have shown how inadequate the older technology was. It's not very deep, and has sparse quips from Elvira. Scare Stiff feels less like a sequel, and more what they wanted to do with Party Monsters, but couldn't due to technical limitations. Still, Party Monsters is better than any of the remaining PHOF tables (except Whirlwind and NGG) and if they can swing a two-for-one on the license, they might as well make both.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Party Monsters was great in 1989, but isn't that good compared to modern tables - it's a victim of insufficient technology, or more precisely, the innovations made since then have shown how inadequate the older technology was. It's not very deep, and has sparse quips from Elvira. Scare Stiff feels less like a sequel, and more what they wanted to do with Party Monsters, but couldn't due to technical limitations. Still, Party Monsters is better than any of the remaining PHOF tables (except Whirlwind and NGG) and if they can swing a two-for-one on the license, they might as well make both.
I take it you don't care for Taxi either, then? (And actually, compared to its contemporaries, Scared Stiff itself doesn't have a particularly deep ruleset.)

I still think Party Monsters is going to make a lot more sense paired with Scared Stiff than anything else thematically appropriate. Basically the only three other choices are Dracula, Tales from the Crypt, or Haunted House, and the connection to any of those is tenuous at best. The first two would overshadow PM, and the third would not make a very compelling DLC pack in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.