Do you think Season 3 will be better than 2?

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
I have seen a bunch of complaints about how season 1 was marginally better than 2.

Do you think 3 will be better than 2? It seems that Farsight had to get a new deal with Williams to release more tables, so in the meantime they filled in the gaps with some of the more popular Gottlieb tables. Also, by season 3 they will have gotten the PS4 and Steam releases out of the way, which will hopefully lead to more work being done on tables and not the platform itself.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
How can it not with all you've mentioned?
Expo, cabinet, new version rollout... all very time consuming and all mostly done (more or less)

Internet people can be fickle...form your own opinions ;)
Lawyers can be fickle (and expensive)...give them time (and money) ;)

I've played the old ps2 version and trust me, it's light years ahead of where it was!

Listen to the recent Bobby King interview to get a glimpse.

/fanboi

Edit: table selection make sense from a business standpoint of getting the most mileage from existing assets but the toolkit did seem to come up kind of fast....I'm sure FS still has a hard time being taken seriously in negotiations and that will change as Stern and JJP read their sales charts.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I think having both tables in a pack that are new will add a lot to season 3.
I think season 1 is nearly unbeatable though... So 2 being "worse" was likely no mater what. Think 3 will beat 2.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
I think having both tables in a pack that are new will add a lot to season 3.
I think season 1 is nearly unbeatable though... So 2 being "worse" was likely no mater what. Think 3 will beat 2.

That's one thing I forgot to mention. It will be nice seeing two completely new tables that weren't in the PHOF games. It will lead to more fun speculating too. Although, I won't be upset if Sorcerer is in season 3.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Someone refresh my memory: what was the first pack # in Season 2? I can't tell from the app itself since I own everything and it's all combined into "My Tables".

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
#11; Dr Dude & Firepower

Thanks.

In that case, I see Season 2 as being quite good...but I'm partial to the older stuff.

Quite a few amazing classics: Centaur, Firepower, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, Flight 2000, and Haunted House.

Plus there are some great DMDs in there too: Cactus Canyon, White Water, The Champion Pub, and Terminator 2.

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
The Pinball Arcade kinda suffered with putting out too many classics at once in Season Pack 1, at the time nobody was aware of how successful The Pinball Arcade would be so they obviously tried to get as many top 20 tables out as soon as possible.

Saying that, Season 2 hasn't been a disappointment, at the start it seemed like a drastic step backwards, but the early tables have really grown on me and it ended up being a pretty good table pack. Even the Gottlieb re-releases blew me away (apart from Goin Nuts) with Tee'd Off and Victory having their own distinctive 'feel' to them that made them worthy inclusions.

Season 3 is certainly going to be interesting, with the re-releases out of the way we'll finally be able to see hidden classics paired with noticable tables when they wouldn't have been viable before. I think I've learned to trust Farsight's choices now, for I was really disappointed with the look of ALL the PHOF:Gottlieb tables before playing them.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
The Pinball Arcade kinda suffered with putting out too many classics at once in Season Pack 1, at the time nobody was aware of how successful The Pinball Arcade would be so they obviously tried to get as many top 20 tables out as soon as possible.

Saying that, Season 2 hasn't been a disappointment, at the start it seemed like a drastic step backwards, but the early tables have really grown on me and it ended up being a pretty good table pack. Even the Gottlieb re-releases blew me away (apart from Goin Nuts) with Tee'd Off and Victory having their own distinctive 'feel' to them that made them worthy inclusions.

Season 3 is certainly going to be interesting, with the re-releases out of the way we'll finally be able to see hidden classics paired with noticable tables when they wouldn't have been viable before. I think I've learned to trust Farsight's choices now, for I was really disappointed with the look of ALL the PHOF:Gottlieb tables before playing them.

I was pretty ignorant about Pinball when the Gottlieb PHOF came out. I saw one or two tables from the 90's and thought the rest would be garbage. Now that I have more of an appreciation for almost any table, I'll welcome anything pretty much. I don't mind a few EM's now and then, but I don't want it to be anything more than 25% of the releases.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
It better be, season 2 was kind of lackluster compared to season 1 IMO.

I'm not that worried though they seem to be listening to our wishlist so that's nice. Can't wait for that pirate twble, whatever it's called. Plus if they can get it they'll probably start the Addams Family Kickstarter this season and if not... well the winner of the kickstarter poll was Indiana Jones and that'd be a great table.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
If we get "Fish Tales", "Bram Stoker's Dracula", "Black Rose" and "Tales from the Crypt" in Season 3, then those 4 alone would be better than Season 2.

I'm not at all complaining about Season 2, it's been a great mix of tables for everyone. However, like previously mentioned, most of those tables don't even compare to anything from Season 1.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Since they've renewed their Williams license now, we'll probably see fewer Gottliebs and more Williams than Season Two.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
There is one table I played as a kid that I have sweet memories... flash Gordon... I'd like this one on tpa^^

Then of course... you know... Addams something, don't know if you heard of that table... and the usual awesome-table-that-everyone-loves-and-want-list 

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Season 2 was pretty "meh" for me - I bought the pro packs, but the later half of them (the Gottliebs) have been really "blah" to me. The practical side of me wouldn't have bought them, but the collector in me would've bought them anyways.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I discovered tpa not even a week ago, I just got a tablet... on pc I play with future pinball. But when I tried this one, it was a no brainer, I bought the whole two seasons ^^

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts