Do you think Season 3 will be better than 2?

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Interesting that you include a table that hasn't been released or even confirmed in that list... and according to other threads, that you've not even played! Perhaps reserve judgement until then? :p

As soon as he called Centaur "Good", I just stopped reading. lol

In all seriousness, I thought HH and F2K were pretty decent. I'd say "White Water", "Firepower", "Centaur", and "Tee'd Off" were the worst of the bunch.

I've yet to play "Victory" and "Class of 1812" so I can't really speak for those.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Season 1 is much, much better in terms of the tables recreated, but Season 2 had better quality / more accurate recreations, even if the titles chosen, with a few exceptions, were inferior to the first season's.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I do think Season 3 will be better and agree with some of the posts. I think we will get these four which are non kickstarter tables in pinside top 50 list: The Getaway: High Speed II, Fish Tales, Road Show (Red & Ted's), Earthshaker. I also think we will see a Cyclone/Roller Coaster Tycoon pack, some other pins like Black Rose and the first pack coming out in December will contain Fish Tales.

Yes please.

You literally listed just about every remaining non-crazy-license pin that I still want to see. If they get these out in Season 3, I will be one super happy camper.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
...but I'm partial to the older stuff.

Quite a few amazing classics: Centaur, Firepower, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, Flight 2000, and Haunted House.

Those are top tables for sure and are amongst my favourites. It's good to know that there are 100s of more equally as good non-DMD Solid State tables that could be created. I hope these lesser known tables sold well once people tried the demo. On another note it will be nice to see a few more EMs thrown in next season.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
There is still so much available that would make an over the top pack.

The first season covered a lot of highly anticipated tables and I think that season 2's main problem was that the tables released, while mostly really good, just weren't as hotly anticipated, though it did seem that each one had a fervent, if small following.

Personally, i think that season 2 was as strong as season one, but then again i'm not partial to any one era.

Season 3 has potential to be mind-blowing. Though it's a given that any season that might contain Eight-Ball Deluxe and/or High Speed 2 will be my favorite.

N

netizen

After playing just season 1 in Steam for the day I realize that many of my favourite tables are in Season 2.
It'll be tough to beat the just plain fun that these tables are. They may not be the highest scoring, or the flashiest games, but they are pinball and that's why I play the game.

When I am focused and want to go score chasing those tables exist in TPA, but mostly I want to just play some fundamental pinball and watch bumpers pop, and spinners go, while I have to invent new swear words because the gods have been so cruel; it seems that my masochistic streak has plenty to choose from.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

In all seriousness, I thought HH and F2K were pretty decent. I'd say "White Water", "Firepower", "Centaur", and "Tee'd Off" were the worst of the bunch.

I've yet to play "Victory" and "Class of 1812" so I can't really speak for those.

You're going to have a hard time finding people who share your opinion that White Water and Centaur suck. Centaur blows Haunted House and Fligjt 2000 out of the water IMO and White Water is simply classic. But to each his own.

As for CBW. It looks like poopy. I haven't played it but I can tell you now the design is lame, it's got the same low budget DMD as Teed Off and the music, art, and sound effects scream "Premier" quality.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
You're going to have a hard time finding people who share your opinion that White Water and Centaur suck.

As for CBW. It looks like poopy. I haven't played it but I can tell you now the design is lame, it's got the same low budget DMD as Teed Off and the music, art, and sound effects scream "Premier" quality.

That's ok, I wasn't looking for anyone who shared my opinion, nor expected any. To me, it doesn't get any more boring than Centaur, and while the WW design is creative, it gets old real fast, not to mention the endlessly annoying FX. (IT'S A BOULDER BASH!!! Wooo Wahhh Weee!!!). *Shoot me*

As for CBW, I guess I could see your side of it. Personally, I think the cue ball toy is a pretty neat feature. However, I thought the Roulette table in TO was stupid and pointless. I also think the art is way better than TO as well.

Meh, I'm just greatful for the variety. They can't please everyone, all the time.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
For me, season 2 was a big dropoff after 1. If we get more Williams titles, then 3 will be a big improvement.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
For me, season 2 was a big dropoff after 1. If we get more Williams titles, then 3 will be a big improvement.

I agree.

On the other hand, I think Season 2 was variety filled for a reason. If there are Gottlieb fans out there, they should be very pleased with Season 2.

I'm glad we got a bunch of em out of the way, now they can focus on "Fish Tales", "Dracula", "Corvette", "Black Knight 2000", and "Black Rose". :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012

It's funny how you just keep going on throwing hate at Centaur and Gorgar, even going as far as judging and laughing at people who like the tables (you've done that several times now!)
You do realise you are one of the only people here who thinks Centaur isn't a good table, right? The general consensus is that it's a good, or even great, table.
It's fine that you don't personally like those two tables, but please please acknowledge the fact that it's your own personal and highly subjective opinion.

Also, White Water never gets old. I have one at my home, and once I decide to "just play one game", I can't stop playing again.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think season 3 will be a lot like season 2. I don't think it will be all Bally/Williams as many hope. Plus I think they will save some big name DMDs (at least what is left of them) for season 4. I predict more early SS pins in season 3, which to me will be a lot of fun.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
It's funny how you just keep going on throwing hate at Centaur and Gorgar, even going as far as judging and laughing at people who like the tables (you've done that several times now!)
You do realise you are one of the only people here who thinks Centaur isn't a good table, right? The general consensus is that it's a good, or even great, table.
It's fine that you don't personally like those two tables, but please please acknowledge the fact that it's your own personal and highly subjective opinion.

Also, White Water never gets old. I have one at my home, and once I decide to "just play one game", I can't stop playing again.

Well, that's the great thing about having an opinion, anyone can have one. I find it amusing that people can bash Harley Davidson and Dr Dude for days on end, BUT DON'T YOU DARE ATTACK MY GORGAR AND CENTAUR!!! lol

Get over it, it's an opinion. You don't see me getting all up in arms about people trashing other tables. I also said "In all seriousness" after that statement, implying sarcasm. I wasn't "laughing" at him, and I'd assume he'd be smart enough to know that I was just giving him a hard time.

I honestly couldn't care less if I was the only one on here that didn't like either table. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to discuss pinball. I know countless people who hate those tables, but that's about as relevant as you telling me how I'm all alone on here in my opinion on them.

Another argument can be made of your two "Great" tables based on their rankings, but this has been discussed already.

Sorry to upset the masses with a different opinion. I'm not one to just like everything and follow what everyone else likes. If I love every table with glee, will that make you feel better?

Good grief.

(You might try using the ignore feature if my opinions and sarcasm bother you this much.)

Last edited:

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I think season 3 will be a lot like season 2. I don't think it will be all Bally/Williams as many hope. Plus I think they will save some big name DMDs (at least what is left of them) for season 4. I predict more early SS pins in season 3, which to me will be a lot of fun.

"Fish Tales" would make Season 3 already halfway better than Season 2.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
A user has reported this thread. While I don't see anything here that warrants closure of the thread and/or a swing of the banscythe at this time, this thread is now being watched closely.

Keep it civil, gentlemen.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
A user has reported this thread. While I don't see anything here that warrants closure of the thread and/or a swing of the banscythe at this time, this thread is now being watched closely.

Keep it civil, gentlemen.

I don't see why it was reported, besides someone not liking another person's opinion. (Which is just ridiculous)

In any event, back on topic.

Do you think we'll see more EM tables next season? We barely had any this time around.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I think Farsight is doing an excellent job of mixing things up. It's a good thing that there are different taste in tables. Somebody might find a table they thought was boring or uninteresting another chance. Keep an open mind we are all here to have a good time and should accept we are not all the same. Which is a good thing.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'd like to see more EM tables.

We've gotten one per season, essentially. I think EM's are great for giving you a single task and making it infuriatingly hard to do so.

Big Shot is still one of my favorite releases in the entire collection and that's stacking up to AFM.

While I'm not too keen on Central Park really, I would love to see more EM's like Royal Flush, l love the card based games.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I think Farsight is doing an excellent job of mixing things up. It's a good thing that there are different taste in tables. Somebody might find a table they thought was boring or uninteresting another chance. Keep an open mind we are all here to have a good time and should accept we are not all the same. Which is a good thing.

I agree.

As I said in another thread, I usually hate EM tables, but I'm always willing to give them a chance. I found out I liked "Big Shot" more than I did when I first played it.

I'm also really starting to dig "Central Park". I think both just took time to grow on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts