Do you think Season 3 will be better than 2?

karl

May 10, 2012
Personally, I have no problems with season two (well, Going Nuts is not my favorite, I have to admit) but the great thing about season 3 vs season 2 is that we are almost done with all the hall of fame recreations. We knew before season two started what half of the tables that was coming this year would be, but all we have to go by before season 3 begins is all the polls and to me that is much more exciting.

No matter what, It's gonna be a blast for sure. Old, new, dmd, EM, SS, bring em on!

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Personally, I have no problems with season two (well, Going Nuts is not my favorite, I have to admit) but the great thing about season 3 vs season 2 is that we are almost done with all the hall of fame recreations. We knew before season two started what half of the tables that was coming this year would be, but all we have to go by before season 3 begins is all the polls and to me that is much more exciting.

No matter what, It's gonna be a blast for sure. Old, new, dmd, EM, SS, bring em on!

+1.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Even though I'm waiting for some of my favorites to come out still, I liked Season 2. I think White Water, Champion Pub, and Class of 1812 are great tables that I hadn't played before TPA, I found new appreciation for Dr. Dude (Even though I didn't like it as a kid, I like it more now), Firepower and Pinbot are old favorites of course (although not new if you owned PHOF), as a Steve Ritchie Fan, Terminator 2 is a welcome addition while I wait for BK2K to release, and I'm sorta partial to Victory if only for the music. I own the Gottlieb HOF for PS2, so it's not new, but definitely easier to play now that I don't have to setup my PS2. Probably looks a lot nicer too without actually comparing them. Oh, and finally my friend's mom (now in her late 60's or so) likes pinball and it turns out Haunted House was one of her favorites, so it was great to show her how accessible it was. I imagine it will be an even bigger hit once I make a cabinet for it to go in.

Speaking of music, I'm really enjoying some of the old school chip style music in some of these games. There's something I really like about White Water's music (reminds me of early PC gaming - ad lib era), Dr. Dude has some great music in this vein, as well as Party Monsters. 1812 with the chickens... also awesome.

Can't wait for the next batch!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think Farsight is doing an excellent job of mixing things up. It's a good thing that there are different taste in tables. Somebody might find a table they thought was boring or uninteresting another chance. Keep an open mind we are all here to have a good time and should accept we are not all the same. Which is a good thing.

Releasing bad tables is not "mixing it up".

Well, that's the great thing about having an opinion, anyone can have one. I find it amusing that people can bash Harley Davidson and Dr Dude for days on end, BUT DON'T YOU DARE ATTACK MY GORGAR AND CENTAUR!!! lol

Get over it, it's an opinion. You don't see me getting all up in arms about people trashing other tables. I also said "In all seriousness" after that statement, implying sarcasm. I wasn't "laughing" at him, and I'd assume he'd be smart enough to know that I was just giving him a hard time.

I honestly couldn't care less if I was the only one on here that didn't like either table. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to discuss pinball. I know countless people who hate those tables, but that's about as relevant as you telling me how I'm all alone on here in my opinion on them.

Another argument can be made of your two "Great" tables based on their rankings, but this has been discussed already.

Sorry to upset the masses with a different opinion. I'm not one to just like everything and follow what everyone else likes. If I love every table with glee, will that make you feel better?

Good grief.

(You might try using the ignore feature if my opinions and sarcasm bother you this much.)

Gotta admit , dude has a great point here .

Sir , I may not agree with what you say , but I'll defend to the death your right to say it!

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
I must admit, as a new person to this series I've definitely being playing more Season One tables than Two. I haven't had time to appreciate the nuances yet, though, but I think my initial gut feeling will still be correct. Regardless, I'll definitely buy the Season Three pack (I don't tend to buy individual tables) as soon as it's released.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Mark I haven't seen a bad table put out yet, some are better than others a very good mix for people with different taste.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Gotta admit, dude has a great point here .

Sir , I may not agree with what you say , but I'll defend to the death your right to say it!

Thank you, sir. I appreciate that.

I've never been on a forum where people report you for having an opinion they disagree with. Like I said, I wasn't trying to start anything.

As for your "Bad tables" comment, I'll admit, a lot of the tables released this season have been really sub par, but a lot of em were in the Top 150, so I guess it's not too bad.

Look at it this way, at least they're done and out of the way.

We can only go UP from here! :)

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
They need to pace themselves as well if they are planning 5 or 6 seasons.

We don't want season 6 to be Millionaire, Hercules, Hollywood Heat, Road Kings, Police Force, Shaq Attaq etc.

Some of those will have to go in the earlier seasons or no one will be buying the later ones.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
They need to pace themselves as well if they are planning 5 or 6 seasons.

We don't want season 6 to be Millionaire, Hercules, Hollywood Heat, Road Kings, Police Force, Shaq Attaq etc.

Some of those will have to go in the earlier seasons or no one will be buying the later ones.

I've never heard of any those besides "Shaq Attack", and that one actually looks pretty cool. I'd buy it even if I weren't a Season Pass buyer.

My only fear is that they stop releasing them in 2-Packs. If they stopped doing that, that would really suck. It's tough as it is waiting around for 2-Packs, I can't imagine waiting all that time just for a sub par table like "Goin' Nuts".

EDIT: I just looked up "Police Force", mostly cause the name sounded cool... What on earth is that table supposed to be?!? Yikes.

Last edited:

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
It's a Williams table with animal criminals and police, odd theme. The scoring was really unbalanced.

It's okay, not great. There's no table that I would refuse to want to play if TPA put it out.

"Game was planned to be a 'Batman' license...the police car was to be the Batmobile and the Jail was to be the Bat Cave." on IPDB.

Last edited:

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
It's a Williams table with animal criminals and police, odd theme. The scoring was really unbalanced.

It's okay, not great. There's no table that I would refuse to want to play if TPA put it out.

"Game was planned to be a 'Batman' license...the police car was to be the Batmobile and the Jail was to be the Bat Cave." on IPDB.

Yeah, that's where I saw the pictures. It looks terrible!

Now "Batman" on the other hand, man, would I ever love to get that one!

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Mechanix77, you seem like a nice guy, but you need to realise the difference between "having an opinion" and looking down on others for having theirs. I told you already, I totally respect that you don't like those two tables, the issue here is that you need to respect people who like it, and realise that you are in the minority here. You keep telling me that "it's just an opinion", so all I'm telling you is act like it's just an opinion ;)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
High Speed will be in season 3*, so yes.

The Pinball Arcade kinda suffered with putting out too many classics at once in Season Pack 1, at the time nobody was aware of how successful The Pinball Arcade would be so they obviously tried to get as many top 20 tables out as soon as possible.
See, I don't think they suffered for this at all. I think what they did translates into FS somewhat saying "Okay, we hooked you into pinball with all the season 1 classics, now we're going to educate the hell out of you. Here, have Centaur".

* I don't actually know this, but there's no reason for it to not be there.

Give me High Speed, Earthshaker, Banzai Run, and Rollergames (my when hell freezes over table), it'll be better than season 2.

Throw in F-14, Cyclone, Jokerz, and BK 2000, it'll be right on par with season 1.
High Speed: System 11
Earthshaker: System 11B
Banzai Run: System 11B
F-14: System 11A
Cyclone: System 11B
Jokerz: System 11B
Black Knight 2000: System 11B

I wonder what era your favourite machines are from? ;)
On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing more obscure Sys 11 machines as well, in particular Police Force. I have a feeling that'll make it as well, given how out-there it is. I'm not sure on Rollergames though, the licensing on that would be in an awkward spot, I'd imagine.

Unf, dat era <3

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've banned one of the participants in this thread. Given the member in question's post history, various reports from other members, and recent PM exchanges, I've come to the conclusion that our community would be best served by showing said member the door. This is too bad, because I think he had some valid points, but he seems to have antagonized nearly everyone with whom he came in contact, including me.

For the record, disagreement, even strong disagreement, is permitted here. Disrespect toward other members for holding a different opinion is not, especially when the difference of opinion is mostly a matter of personal taste and there are no facts to back up one side or the other. Trolling behavior disguised as "strong opinion" is similarly not permitted. The moderators here are not stupid and not asleep - we can tell the difference pretty easily in most cases.

Now if you all will please excuse me, I need to clean off the banscythe.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I played Police Force recently. I think it was at the Chicago Pinball Expo. It's not terrible but there are a lot of better choices out there. I've tried to like Goin' Nuts just because it's something different but that is the one pinball machine that I would never choose to play in TPA. I would only play it if I was playing with someone else who wanted to play it.

As far as people's opinions I didn't see any thing too out of line in this thread but there's a certain attitude that some people's posts tend to convey that their opinion should be held higher than anyone else's opinion. That attitude is not conducive to a good discussion.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
High Speed will be in season 3*, so yes.

See, I don't think they suffered for this at all. I think what they did translates into FS somewhat saying "Okay, we hooked you into pinball with all the season 1 classics, now we're going to educate the hell out of you. Here, have Centaur".

* I don't actually know this, but there's no reason for it to not be there.

High Speed: System 11
Earthshaker: System 11B
Banzai Run: System 11B
F-14: System 11A
Cyclone: System 11B
Jokerz: System 11B
Black Knight 2000: System 11B

I wonder what era your favourite machines are from? ;)
On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing more obscure Sys 11 machines as well, in particular Police Force. I have a feeling that'll make it as well, given how out-there it is. I'm not sure on Rollergames though, the licensing on that would be in an awkward spot, I'd imagine.

Unf, dat era <3

I love just about everything from that era as well. And +100 on wanting to see High Speed.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
They could do a whole season of just mid 80's to early 90's tables.

High Speed, Earthshaker, Banzai Run, F-14, Cyclone, Comet, Jokerz, Fire, Black Knight 2000, Police Force, River Boat Gambler, Bad Cats, Grand Lizard, Diner, Rollergames, Police Force, Radical!, Big Guns, Road Kings

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I like him too.

Why was he banned?

Private message exchanges are monitored? That's complete bullcrap.

He actually sent me a good pm and I was about to respond until he was banned.

I don't know his history but nothing he said in this thread was remotely ban worthy. And he's a nice guy in pm .

Sorry but I have way more respect for someone who stands up for unpopular opinion, and expresses valid reasons , than some sheep who just says " I like all the tables derp!" Or members who flag comments because they don't agree with the opinions expressed in them.

I was looking forward to more discussion with hi
In the future. Wtf...

Plus he's new . Was he at least warned? Again if it was over this thread that's bullcrap he did nothing wrong.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
They could do a whole season of just mid 80's to early 90's tables.

High Speed, Earthshaker, Banzai Run, F-14, Cyclone, Comet, Jokerz, Fire, Black Knight 2000, Police Force, River Boat Gambler, Bad Cats, Grand Lizard, Diner, Rollergames, Police Force, Radical!, Big Guns, Road Kings

A season of System 11? Sounds good to me!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.