Doctor Who Kickstarter

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
A little off topic but... trivia night at my local bar tonight, one round the answers were 1. Black Hole 2. Comet 3. Hurricane 4. Black Knight 5. Corvette 6. Funhouse 7. Whirlwind 8. Eight Ball 9. Fireball and for 10 the question was What do all 9 answers have in common?

My team was like, Are you sure? Why would you know this much about pinball? We would have been the only team to get it but he also counted "Video Games".

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Here is a paste from the Kickstarter site for Dr. Who from FarSight:

Creator FarSight Studios about 8 hours ago
Yes we are unfortunately having to wait to launch the new tiers. They should cause a pretty good surge! You guys rock. don't lose hope. It's a bit slow but it's going to fund! Stay positive. :)

The one thing I take from this is the exclamation point after fund. It makes me feel that this Kickstarter will be funded.

IMHTeekO: That means all will be okay and all you nay-sayers can keep on saying "nay", but I have faith. I pledged $7 dollars for another copy of Dr. Who and will be happy to receive my copy in Sept.

That would be great bud, FS might wait and see how much is left to reach the goal, then drop the last amount to make this kickstarter a success, i hope. :)

PinballGrump

Jan 15, 2016
I noticed that in the Addams Family Kickstarter at $600 backers could qualify to be credited as Platinum backers, however for the Doctor Who table it's $1,000. I'm not sure if a lot of people care but maybe they could offer platinum at either $600 or $500 if that might help encourage more people to up their pledges?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Here is a paste from the Kickstarter site for Dr. Who from FarSight:

Creator FarSight Studios about 8 hours ago
Yes we are unfortunately having to wait to launch the new tiers. They should cause a pretty good surge! You guys rock. don't lose hope. It's a bit slow but it's going to fund! Stay positive. :)

The one thing I take from this is the exclamation point after fund. It makes me feel that this Kickstarter will be funded.

IMHTeekO: That means all will be okay and all you nay-sayers can keep on saying "nay", but I have faith. I pledged $7 dollars for another copy of Dr. Who and will be happy to receive my copy in Sept.

My sixth sense is telling me that the upcoming tier will be Beta testing the Stern Pinball Arcade app when it is ready.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I read somewhere (coming from Stern), that the Stern Pinball Arcade is planned only for mobile devices for the launch.

That doesn't necessarily rule out Beta testing on PC since that is the primary development platform.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
You read my mind PiN WiZ after Gorgar suggested the reward, I thought Stern/FarSight may have some pull with Steam. Pinball is a big thing on Steam right now and Stern is the one of the big names in pinball today. I just didn't say anything. I think Gorgar does have a sixth sense.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Well, I guess I don't have a sixth sense. The new tiers have something to do with an additional Dr. Who table with the same layout, only it will be based on the current Dr. Who. I could be wrong, but the only people I can see getting excited about this are the Dr. Who fans. I think this Kickstarter is in trouble.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I admit, it intrigues me. $17 gets you the new version, so that's not terrible and certainly hits within that 'pebble' size donation I felt would help them.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Intrigued as well, though I would hope for new artwork in the style of the original table rather than a photoshop job like Ghostbusters. This should see a bump this weekend with a tide of $7 backers upping to $17. Not convinced it will help to put this over the top. I was expecting something to entice more $100+ backers like the Gold table for TAF.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm hoping Mike from FarSight will pop into our podcast this Sunday to shed a little more light on questions pertaining to the re-skin. If not, hopefully he'll answer my questions via email and we can report on them.

We go live on Sunday at 12:30pm PST on blab.im if anyone wants to listen then instead of wait till our usual Tuesday release.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
I'm thinking this could help a lot if the word could be spread better. Need to get the news out further.

I'm certainly excited as a Doctor Who fan.

Maybe between this, that one convention Farsight talked about, and the typical last days boost, it might be enough...but it wouldn't hurt for fans to keep pushing it as best they can (I already raised my pledge and posted about the new table elsewhere).

karl

May 10, 2012
100 dollar extra (the 200 tier) just to beta test one table? Well maybe 1,5 tables but still.

400 to be a beta tester on just one platform was pretty insane back in the days of the terminator but this feels almost more brutal to me.

I hope that I am alone in thinking that is to much and that they get a lot extra pledges for that tier

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'm hoping Mike from FarSight will pop into our podcast this Sunday to shed a little more light on questions pertaining to the re-skin. If not, hopefully he'll answer my questions via email and we can report on them.

We go live on Sunday at 12:30pm PST on blab.im if anyone wants to listen then instead of wait till our usual Tuesday release.

I'd like to know if the "mod" table is going to be offered at no extra charge when you buy the standard Dr Who table,or will it be a separate purchase? Or just an exclusive ala TAF Gold?

Either way,this idea of an updated table should bring in more current Whovians,if the message gets out quick enough. This is going to be a close KS in regards to being funded.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts