Doctor Who Kickstarter

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I know Norman would like a music table, as he's a musician himself (plays bass). I pitched G'n'R to him, said he actually knows people that know Slash, so there's that thin thread to desperately hang a hope on. One things for sure, since there aren't that many songs in that machine, it'd probably be cheaper than AC/DC or Metallica.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I know Norman would like a music table, as he's a musician himself (plays bass). I pitched G'n'R to him, said he actually knows people that know Slash, so there's that thin thread to desperately hang a hope on. One things for sure, since there aren't that many songs in that machine, it'd probably be cheaper than AC/DC or Metallica.

Axel Rose owns the name and the music. Knowing Slash wouldn't help. And this year AC/DC did a complete 180 on their attitude toward licensing their rights. I would think that would be the cheapest and easiest to get.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Axel Rose owns the name and the music. Knowing Slash wouldn't help. And this year AC/DC did a complete 180 on their attitude toward licensing their rights. I would think that would be the cheapest and easiest to get.

Like I said, it's a thread to hang on, not a rope! Slash is a big pinball fan. Like you said though, not that any of that matters when Axl owns the name and music.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
27f744e54d5aebb65d72b402c03a10c1.jpg

Right now

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
Slight update here...

Recently, we connected with the BBC in regards to our ideas for the DW:R table. We have a decent size request list for the various actors, items, music, VOs, and themes for the characters we are looking to incorporate. As of right now, we are unable to spoil anything directly; however, I can say that we were given the initial approval to proceed with the direction of our design.

Hopefully I will have more information the closer we get to April, but we can't thank you all enough for helping us make this project a reality.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Slight update here...

Recently, we connected with the BBC in regards to our ideas for the DW:R table. We have a decent size request list for the various actors, items, music, VOs, and themes for the characters we are looking to incorporate. As of right now, we are unable to spoil anything directly; however, I can say that we were given the initial approval to proceed with the direction of our design.

Hopefully I will have more information the closer we get to April, but we can't thank you all enough for helping us make this project a reality.

Thanks for the update. You guys might want to share this tidbit with all the Dr. Who Kickstarter backers as well.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Sounds promising Strikezilla01, I can't wait to see what you guys do with the table.

I wonder if getting any of the actors back for table-specific voice work is a viable option...I mean, someone needs to shout "MULTIBALL!", right? The question is, which Doctor?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Sounds promising Strikezilla01, I can't wait to see what you guys do with the table.

I wonder if getting any of the actors back for table-specific voice work is a viable option...I mean, someone needs to shout "MULTIBALL!", right? The question is, which Doctor?

Tri-Doctor multiball, with Smith, Tennant, and Heard all at the same time! Then there's the over before it even starts mode with the 8th Doctor.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Trouble is there are only 6 post-Original Doctors:
8. McGann (blink and you'll miss him!)
War. Hurt (and there's a thorny subject of whether or not he really counts, at least among "real" Dr Who fans)
9. Ecclestone
10. Tennant
11. Smith
12. Capaldi

I'm thinking use McCoy (or T Baker? Please?) as a "bridge".

Also, which Master/Mistress do you use? And which companion? (It'll be Rose. Meh.)

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
There are a lot more questions then I could answer at this time, but I will say that we have more than just a general direction. Currently, we have a structured design, theme, and method in which we want to permanently solidify.

We have the initial go from the BBC; who will possibly want to approve every choice we make from this point on. However, our conversations with them have been more than productive. They are extremely reasonable considering the situation and (without speaking for them) they seem very excited as well.

Needless to say, we are tightening up the last bits of our first "draft" submission and will hopefully know more soon.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Glad to hear it's moving along!

Someone upthread asked about my handle. I've used it since Liam Neeson played a role as a Jedi mentor. I had the hair and the beard long before he did. :)

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
Update

I am pleased to announce the official table story/description:

"The Doctor’s existence is fading… and only you can save him!

After reshaping the events of the Time War, paradoxical fissures have created a causal nexus by ripping the very fabric of the space and time. Taking advantage of these anomalies, the Doctor’s most devious adversaries have entered these tears in an effort to defeat him across various points in his life.

Like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

As his newest companion, you can relive all the best moments from the Doctor’s most recent incarnations and adventures.

Revisit old friends. Battle against terrifying villains and monsters. Save the universe with attack eyebrows.

Come on pudding brains, what are you waiting for?"

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Update

After reshaping the events of the Time War, paradoxical fissures have created a causal nexus by ripping the very fabric of the space and time. Taking advantage of these anomalies, the Doctor’s most devious adversaries have entered these tears in an effort to defeat him across various points in his life.

As his newest companion, you can relive all the best moments from the Doctor’s most recent incarnations and adventures.

Revisit old friends. Battle against terrifying villains and monsters. Save the universe with attack eyebrows.

I don't speak Dr. Whoan or get any of the references - but I am sure this is solid and will test well with the hardcore Whovians.

Looking forward to playing both versions of the table.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Update

Yeah, that all about makes sense. And is randomly similar to the "plot" of the original table too!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
This is the plot of the new modern skin they are making for the table? Who wrote the plot? Dr Who is owned by the BBC which is really selective about who they allow to create products. It's one of the reasons why this will be a HUGE money maker for TPA. There is very little licensed merchandise for Dr. Who considering how large and fanatical their fanbase is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.