Farsight, we're breaking up - It's not me, it's you...

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Tsk tsk. I half-heartedly kid. Politicians make the best best liars but, anyone that has a passion for pinball has my vote.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I also posted in another thread that I think they should start to consider only developing new tables for next-gen consoles, PC, and mobile. Move forward.

Well, maybe you guys are from the Rockfeller family, but I won't spend 520$ only for TPA (PS4 = 400$ + 4 Season pass x 30$ = 520$). I'm not interested at all by the PS4, I have still plenty of good games to do on the PS3.

The funniest thing is that the PS3 version is way more polished and has less bugs than the PS4 version (see the disaster on this topic).

And IMO, the dark lighting fx isn't so impressive compared to what is done by others (free) games...

And the last thing, it's mobile devices that prevent TPA to evolve, not the "old gen" consoles.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
And the last thing, it's mobile devices that prevent TPA to evolve, not the "old gen" consoles.

yes. That's why we want them to evolve on mobile.

If console gaming were their priority, consoles would have the new tables monthly. Also the ps4 bug list and console release schedule shows you it's not their priority. They seem to be a mobile gaming company that ports to consoles. Are orbals or Brunswick bowling available on psn?

PS3 and 360 have both had a ten year life span. At some point you have to move on. And I say that as a PS3 owner who has yet to jump to PS4 for much the same reason as you.

All that being said if you buy digital off psn you should be allowed to redownload the PS3 version you already bought on a ps4. That's bull****.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
yes. That's why we want them to evolve on mobile.

If console gaming were their priority, consoles would have the new tables monthly. Also the ps4 bug list and console release schedule shows you it's not their priority. They seem to be a mobile gaming company that ports to consoles. Are orbals or Brunswick bowling available on psn?

PS3 and 360 have both had a ten year life span. At some point you have to move on. And I say that as a PS3 owner who has yet to jump to PS4 for much the same reason as you.

All that being said if you buy digital off psn you should be allowed to redownload the PS3 version you already bought on a ps4. That's bull****.

��

Ghostbusters too

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Well, maybe you guys are from the Rockfeller family, but I won't spend 520$ only for TPA (PS4 = 400$ + 4 Season pass x 30$ = 520$). I'm not interested at all by the PS4, I have still plenty of good games to do on the PS3.

The funniest thing is that the PS3 version is way more polished and has less bugs than the PS4 version (see the disaster on this topic).

And IMO, the dark lighting fx isn't so impressive compared to what is done by others (free) games...

You get my point, though.

I don't even have a PS4. I play 90% of the time on the Vita, and I'm all for them scrapping it in favor of moving the brand forward. Stop spending time on new tables for old consoles and see how that affects the quality of the game on platforms that are more relevant for the future of the company.

Android and iOS aren't going anywhere, but they need to stop trying to support old hardware and OS's on those platforms as well.

karl

May 10, 2012
Wow, What a depressing read this thread is. All the old complaints rolled into one thread, with a few new ones added for some extra fun. Kidding....

The most interesting comment for me in this thread is getting Farsight to consider having some graphic options on mobile platforms, so that those with old devices can still play it with lower settings.

The crossover argument for ps 4 is getting really old by now. I would rather be unpopular and salute them for spending a lot of time at the moment, upgrading all the old tables for free on pc(as it should be since it is the same platform). I know, I know, it has been promised for a long time but hey, at least it is finally happening.
They did bring us tournaments after we asked them for it and they did change it to timed when we complained. They are also upgrading it further. They also gave us some other stuff like different challenges and head to head is probably coming, so things aren't completely silence on the update front.

Maybe they should have prioritized differently and gone for lights/graphic upgrades on mobile instead, but what they did do is all stuff we asked for

It could be so much more than it is, believe me I know but I for one are not giving up on them just yet. Just trying to put things in another perspective here.

I totally understand Baron's view and I have respect for his view. Better to take a break than to irritate yourself unnecessary over a pinball app, but I am not so sure it is only Farsight's fault. Maybe you should have said "it is not me it is ASK" in the headline ;)

ASK is used as an example in almost every thread now on how it should be done. I'll bet that if Ask had more than 50 tables on more than 10 different platforms, hosting tournaments, dealing with different licenses, etc, etc, we would not see so many frequent, breathtaking updates from them either and they also arrived later to table, not having to deal with IPAD 1 and old android stuff. Just saying.

Still impressed with ASK, though :)

Last edited:

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
I think competition and marketplace will eventually get FS to make these changes. Seems they lack the whatever one calls it to come up with innovations to retain long term customers. While some us a bit newer to TPA are still enjoying the ability to play all these great games on various platforms...but how long will it last before the novelty wears out? It's not just about getting the customers but retaining them as well. Just a few things I think FS TPA can do to improve and retain customers:
-adjustable tweeking for flipper speed, ball strength, so forth
-multi-player function for people to play against one another
-change gui for sure
-stop updates on older platforms in favor of new ones
-TPA sanctioned leagues, seems can only be done top down, Not bottom up
-a bit tougher physics or perhaps three adjustable physic settings: easy, normal, hard
As a final note, still happy with TPA but I am not an old timer like the others ;) tried zen and thought it too easy. Like nostalgic factor of TPA, like the licensed pins I guess. I suppose I'm sticking around a bit longer.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
ASK is used as an example in almost every thread now on how it should be done. I'll bet that if Ask had more than 50 tables on more than 10 different platforms, hosting tournaments, dealing with different licenses, etc, etc, we would not see so many frequent, breathtaking updates from them either and they also arrived later to table, not having to deal with IPAD 1 and old android stuff. Just saying.

Still impressed with ASK, though :)

Wait until you hear our interview with Zsolt from ASK in the upcoming BlahCade podcast. It's an eye opener.

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
There are too many gaming platforms on the market these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see games being released for a tiny fridge LCD screen.

I have TPA for Android but I stopped playing it after the PC release

night

May 18, 2012
There are too many gaming platforms on the market these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see games being released for a tiny fridge LCD screen.

I have TPA for Android but I stopped playing it after the PC release

TPA, soon on the iWatch.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Google recommend you try to support 90% of the OS user base.

In other words, make 4.1 the recommended minimum OS.

Farsight, you guys have to cut ties with anything holding back the performance of TPA.
http://www.androidauthority.com/android-2-3-gingerbread-vs-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-37742/

Consumer differences between Android 3 and 4

Note the Media and Connectivity entry and how the highlighted feature is Input from keyboard, mouse, gamepad, joystick.

This might explain why on Android, the MOGA API had to be chosen at the time controller support was implemented, because the API level backwards compatibility to Android 2.0 wasn't able to support native controllers.

I'm sure that if [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] rebased to a baseline of Android 4.1, he would find a whole stack of stuff he could remove, or refactor to bring the Android platform forward.

Like Native Controller support, without the use of MOGA API (not that there is anything truly wrong with MOGA API).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.