Five things about yourself

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Used to play bass guitar in prog rock bands until I wrecked my ears.

Bands of the moment are The Life and Times, North Atlantic Oscillation and Shiner.

Long time kung fu practitioner

My forum name is what my niece kept saying when the ball drained on Funhouse during a failed attempt to get her into pinball. Maybe try again when she's 7.

Had multiple spooky experiences in my childhood home (never saw anything, just sounds and strange feelings). Never told anyone about it, then at a family party many years later, and after a few drinks, aunts , uncles and cousins started coming clean that they hated visiting our house because it felt spooky. It wasn't a very old house and my mum kept it immaculate, so it wasn't anything to do with the look of it. Then my sister said about hearing footsteps coming up the stairs when nobody was there (something I often experienced). Finally my mum admitted hearing this too and said she hated when my dad worked nights because it freaked her out when she was on her own at night.

And as a bonus for fans of spooky goings on, when my sister moved house I asked my niece (2 at the time) if she was sad to go. She proceeded to tell us repeatedly about the 'grumpy old man' who came to her at night. Added to this, my sister was apparently suffering with night terrors; seeing a man stood over her when she woke in the night. This all however stopped when they moved. Insert Twilight Zone theme here.

Sorry, went off on a tangent, but I see a few people on here like this sort of stuff.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Spooky continued...My sister who was two years older than me died in our house when she was 10 years old. She had been diagnosed with cancer six months before. She was always scared of the dark. There were six kids in the family and I'm the youngest. All of us slept on one side of the house except my parents and my oldest sister. My mom would leave the light on in the upstairs foyer that connected all the bedrooms on that side of the house. My sister would leave her door as few inches open so her room wouldn't be dark. After she died my next oldest sister repainted the room and moved in. She kept the door closed. At least she closed the door every night. Every morning she'd wake up and find her door open just a few inches.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
1. I speak French (well enough to get by), German (very badly), and can fake Spanish and Italian if I need to.
2. Computers and gaming platforms I have owned: Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga (500 & 1200), Gameboy (original), PC, Playstation, Playstation 2, Wii, GBA, DS.
3. I am originally from the UK but now live in the USA, and I have one sister living in New Zealand and another still in the UK in the same village we all grew up in.
4. It's really quite cold in my basement right now.
5. I am wearing a Jaws T-shirt that I bought specifically for a beach vacation last year.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
1. I speak French (well enough to get by), German (very badly), and can fake Spanish and Italian if I need to.
2. Computers and gaming platforms I have owned: Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga (500 & 1200), Gameboy (original), PC, Playstation, Playstation 2, Wii, GBA, DS.
3. I am originally from the UK but now live in the USA, and I have one sister living in New Zealand and another still in the UK in the same village we all grew up in.
4. It's really quite cold in my basement right now.
5. I am wearing a Jaws T-shirt that I bought specifically for a beach vacation last year.

Hello there and welcome.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts