Five things about yourself

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Okay, I'll play along.
1. I play The Pinball Arcade on my phone while taking a long crap. "I don't want to know what's in there" Some of you must be guilty of this.
2. I play TPA on the phone while my fiance talks to me and I am forced to pretend I heard her when she asks me if I'm listening.
3. I am not that good at pinball, but I like it.
4. Of course playing pinball when I am stark raving drunk doesn't help matters.
5. I have never played pinball in the nude, but I have a strange feeling at least one person in this board did. That kind of creeps me out a little. just a little though.

Do you mean TPA or a physical pinball machine? :p

N

netizen

nude TPA isn't all that uncommon :eek: or have I crossed the TMI barrier :?

Now if we are talking about "real pinball" I 'spose you have to be one of them lucky, or disturbed, persons to have tried it. :D

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
1. I have a goal to visit all 50 states. I have 9 left to go (Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Vermont).
2. I started learning programming when I was about 9-10 years old. Extended Color Basic on a Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 3.
3. First game I ever wrote was on that Color Computer 3, and I've redone the game multiple times since. DOS version, Directx 7 Win 95 version, two Directx 9 versions, and a version using Unity. Maybe one days I'll sell it....=) It's also the reason I got my first job in this industry, the lead programmer at a small company liked that I finished a game on my own and hired me.
4. If you count each platform I shipped a game on as a separate game, I've shipped 29 games in my 8 years at FarSight not counting Pinball Arcade (I lost track of how many platforms its on now, lol).
5. I'm married, no kids, unless you count the 3 four legged ones with fur. 2 dogs and 1 cat.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Hey Mike I left the army in the summer of 1976. Took a year off and made it to all but Hawaii. Best of luck with the rest of your journey.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
1. The first pinball machine I played was a Williams Hurricane.
2. I am the youngest active member on this forum (13 years old).
3. I have made lots of stuff in the past on blogs that no one has read.
4. My family are Bronies.
5. I worked in a performance at my school once.
6. ???
7. Profit!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hey Mike I left the army in the summer of 1976. Took a year off and made it to all but Hawaii. Best of luck with the rest of your journey.

Thanks, congrats on doing that.

Most of mine were from trips across country. Unfortunately all my states left are up north and my family all moved down south.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
1. I have a goal to visit all 50 states. I have 9 left to go (Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Vermont).
2. I started learning programming when I was about 9-10 years old. Extended Color Basic on a Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 3.
3. First game I ever wrote was on that Color Computer 3, and I've redone the game multiple times since. DOS version, Directx 7 Win 95 version, two Directx 9 versions, and a version using Unity. Maybe one days I'll sell it....=) It's also the reason I got my first job in this industry, the lead programmer at a small company liked that I finished a game on my own and hired me.
4. If you count each platform I shipped a game on as a separate game, I've shipped 29 games in my 8 years at FarSight not counting Pinball Arcade (I lost track of how many platforms its on now, lol).
5. I'm married, no kids, unless you count the 3 four legged ones with fur. 2 dogs and 1 cat.

The Northwest part of WI is pretty cool, but you can skip the rest. As for Michigan, definitely check out the Lake Superior coastline if you get up to the Upper Peninsula. The northern part of the Lower Peninsula is cool, but not much to see in the southern part of Michigan. Lake Michigan isn't that great anymore (too polluted). Lake Superior is much, much nicer...although it's usually very cold, so it's nicer to look at than it is for swimming. :)

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
1- It is cold where I live
2- I should be given a personal edition of both tAF and T2 for all the quarters I pumped into them back in the day, with a side order of Taxi (and a video game I think named "Double-Dragon", at least pinball games offered replays to help cushion the blow)
3- I built a 1929 Mercedes SSK convertible kit car with my dad in 1991 out of a 1986 Chevette that took 7 years to finish
4- I am a mediocre to novice skill level player
5- I ran a successful online "clan" for around 10 years that began as a Medal of Honor:Spearhead group (Clan Mongoose/Xtreme-Gamers)

Overall I'm pretty boring...ho hum

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Hmmmm....five things:
1.) I've been told that I look like Will Riker on Star Trek: TNG. I guess it's the beard.
2). My music tastes are very eclectic. It runs from Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys (country swing from the '30s) to classic rock to Motown to classical. There is some urban music I like, just not into listening about tippin' 40's or cappin' somebody or callin' women ho's. Southern gospel. The blues, from Robert Johnson to Muddy Waters to John Lee Hooker to Stevie Ray Vaughn. There's some of today's pop that's worth listening to, just not much.
3.) The best dog I ever had (my apologies to our current pets) was a stray Lab/mix we named Sheba. She was about six months old when someone dumped her out in our cul de sac. Her paws was as big as my fists them. Se grew to be 125 pounds, but thought she was my lapdog. Sheba was the smartest pet I've ever seen. It didn't take long to teach her anything. She was very protective of the family, and without being trained to do so. The neighborhood kids were playing in our back yard, and one of the fathers came to get his. As he came thru the back door of the garage, she pinned him into a corner where he couldn't move without her chewing him into very small pieces. Sheba lived to be 12 years old. She died in my arms, and I have no problem telling you I cried like a baby.
4.) This year (2014) I'll be married for 34 years, most of them happily. We have a daughter that was named the queen of a major RV manufacturer. Our son was the general contractor of the house we live in, and was 23. We have two granddaughters.
5.) One of my many wishes is to own an actual pinball machine. I hope to fulfill that wish this June.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
explain why June? what you getting?

@Dan-June 20 to 22, there will be a gameroom expo (convention) in Atlanta GA. There will be seminars, movie screenings, vendors, guest speakers and about 100 video/pinball machines set to free play. There will also be a pinball tournament, and there will be a swap meet. I hope to pick up one, maybe two pinball machines. It's called the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo, and it was a KickStarter project I backed last year. I live within driving distance of Atlanta, so I figured what the heck, I'll go.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
"1. I have a goal to visit all 50 states. I have 9 left to go (Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Vermont)."

There's a beautiful girl behind every tree in North Dakota...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts