Flipper lag theory

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
You got a multiball on Gorgar?

Yeah, yeah, be nice... no multiball on Gorgar, my mistake (an unfortunate mix with Firepower... on Williams Pinball Classics).
I don't edit, so everybody can laugh. Ah, ah.

Last edited:

Pinhead970

Apr 27, 2013
I have to use my old 20 inch crappy tv with i think 420 hp to have no lag. My vizio 1080 has a terrible lag and i can't even hit the damn ball.......the graphics suck but i sure kick everyone's butt on TZ!!! high score - 8 hours to get though!

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Am I going crazy or did 2.10 fix the lag at 1080P? My test table is usually Taxi. I can hit he wide shots at 1080 now without anticipating.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Well I've been playing for the last month at 720P, and I tried it today at 1080P, for the most part it felt the same. I would have noticed the lag, or been missing late and I wasnt. Every time I switched back before 2.10 I immediately regretted it and switched back to 720....

But it seems the original 4 still have some lag

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
There've always been some tables where it's difficult to tell if the 1-frame HDR lighting lag is there; I dunno if it's because some of them don't use that lag-inducing type of lighting, but I suspect it's more because the shots are more generous and easier to adjust to subconsciously. I use Creature because it's got those fairly low side lanes where you have to let the ball get pretty low on the flipper to hit them--in 1080 the shot that should go up those lanes goes into or under the slingshot instead. But it would be very hard for me to tell if the lag was there if I was just shooting the ramps, for instance.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
EU 1.08 version, lag is still present. I have no "preferred" test table, as the lag is more than obvious when I switch between 1080 and 720p, no matter which table it is.
The worst input lag is always on ToTAN for me.

DoX

May 3, 2013
Latest EU update, the lag is still present. Tried it on 3 different TVs, 2 full hd and 1 hd ready, thru HDMI, no difference at all between them. FarSight please fix this soon, as this really affects the gameplay.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
This is still going to be a while. I would say the update after 3D is implemented at the EARLIEST. The Milwaukee show was where I was told that they had found the problem and knew how to fix it. 3D was almost ready to roll out at the show and we don't have it yet. Patience Grasshopper.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
This is still going to be a while. I would say the update after 3D is implemented at the EARLIEST. The Milwaukee show was where I was told that they had found the problem and knew how to fix it. 3D was almost ready to roll out at the show and we don't have it yet. Patience Grasshopper.

Good news (they work on it -as you have already inform us on an other thread, thank you-) and bad news (not in a near future, maybe not even this year?).

The lag is a huge core bug, I can't understand they don't make of this fix a priority.

I can deal with "common" TPA bugs (well, not gamebreaking ones though), but the lag problem have a "no-buy" incidence at the moment for me.

So, I'd wait.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Good news (they work on it -as you have already inform us on an other thread, thank you-) and bad news (not in a near future, maybe not even this year?).

The lag is a huge core bug, I can't understand they don't make of this fix a priority.

I can deal with "common" TPA bugs (well, not gamebreaking ones though), but the lag problem have a "no-buy" incidence at the moment for me.

So, I'd wait.

I think it is a priority. They've been looking at how to fix it for almost a year. Assuming the fix was implemented successfully, it is behind the 3D patch in terms of Sony approval.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012

Me? I wasn't complaining. ;)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I think it is a priority. They've been looking at how to fix it for almost a year. Assuming the fix was implemented successfully, it is behind the 3D patch in terms of Sony approval.

Absolutely. I've come to look to Android releases as a guide for when we get the fixes on PS3. When they say they have a fix coming I look for what the next Android release is after that, then expect to get the fix on PS3 when that table pack comes to PS3. Otherwise it would be easy to forget how much of a lag there is getting releases to consoles.. no pun intended.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm getting a ps3 this weekend.

Is there flipper lag if say, I hook up the ps3 to an HDTV via composite cables?

All I'm getting it for is vampire savior and pinball so graphics don't concern me playability is everything.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm getting a ps3 this weekend.

Is there flipper lag if say, I hook up the ps3 to an HDTV via composite cables?

All I'm getting it for is vampire savior and pinball so graphics don't concern me playability is everything.

Composite? AHHHHHH!! That makes me sad.

If anything, try doing the component vid cables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.