PS3 - Bug Game freezes after displaying high scores. (White Water, Pinbot)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
How about screen resolution? If you're playing at 1080p for instance, have you tried seeing if the freeze also happens at 720 or 480?

I play at 480p (it's pretty ugly : P).

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
I tested out Whitewater last night and it froze for me as well, just as described by others. You can hit the X button, see and hear it respond all day long, but it won't progress past that point. Had to quit out of the game. Haven't tried Pinbot for myself but I believe its probably the same deal for mine.

Please please please Farsight come through with that "Megafix" for PS3 that's been tossed around and fix these tables up once and for all. Just make sure you have a "Megafix B" ready to go for the new bugs that are sure to arrive with the patch...

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Was your controller set to a controller ID *other* than 1 when you started the session of TPA in which the problem occurred?

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
I tried Pinbot tonight and it did not have the bug occur. I was online at the time. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was offline when White Water froze up on me. I guess I'll have to try Pinbot offline and see if I can get it to freeze but so far it hasn't happened on my system.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Happened to me on WW last night, though it's not 100% of the time. I got two or three high scores, only the last one froze up the PS3.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I tried Pinbot tonight and it did not have the bug occur. I was online at the time. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was offline when White Water froze up on me. I guess I'll have to try Pinbot offline and see if I can get it to freeze but so far it hasn't happened on my system.

That's a thought. Could be trying to look up something in the online leaderboards and just assuming you have a connection.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
That's a thought. Could be trying to look up something in the online leaderboards and just assuming you have a connection.

I'm always online and it still happens to me. I haven't tried playing it in a while though. I'll give it a whirl later on and then come back on here to post what happens.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
Just tried it out. The bug doesn't occur if you don't make the scoreboard. Once you do, however, it won't let you progress past the last score screen...just like in the video posted above. Completely broken. Hope they fix it soon.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I had this happen to me for the first time on WW, standard version
PS3 Slim, USA, newest FW.
The only way to quit out of the table was to quit to the XMB and when I did that I got the full system lock, followed by two quick beeps and an auto system reset. That's a pretty major issue. Having your system reset like that can also corrupt files on the hdd.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This seems to happen to me all the time now. The game also freezes if you click on a table goal (and notice that the tutorial menu doesn't display properly), go back out, and in again. Locks up the PS3. Probably the same cause. Not sure why it was fine two days ago. Though the one upside is that it still records your score in the leaderboards. Just doesn't save it in your local high scores. I can prove it as if you have me as a friend and load the scores up, you will see that I am now above all of you :p

Unless you are TOUGE_KILLER, in which case you have eight times my score and frighten me.

DoX

May 3, 2013
That started to happen after 1.12 update (EU). Never had problems with WW before, and I play this table often.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
That started to happen after 1.12 update (EU). Never had problems with WW before, and I play this table often.

Yeah, I had assumed it was a recent patch as the table was fine when it first came out. Hopefully this means that FS can also fix it without the whole Sony patch malarkey. How can we make sure they know about it? It's pretty high priority as it regularly causes the whole console to crash without fail when you get a high score or view a table goal - both pretty common events.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
[...] Unless you are TOUGE_KILLER, in which case you have eight times my score and frighten me.

He goes by "SKILL_SHOT" on this forum, I think.

Yeah, I had assumed it was a recent patch as the table was fine when it first came out. Hopefully this means that FS can also fix it without the whole Sony patch malarkey. How can we make sure they know about it? It's pretty high priority as it regularly causes the whole console to crash without fail when you get a high score or view a table goal - both pretty common events.

Posting on their Facebook page is usually what it takes. Sometimes several times, and it generally won't get anywhere unless you have steps they can follow to reproduce it. Linking them to threads here with multiple people talking about suffering from the issue sometimes seems to help.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Happened to me for the first time after a game of Space Shuttle. Set the #2 local high score, and my PS3 froze upon returning to the main menu. Never had it before. Had to reset my PS3. Score was saved.

DoX

May 3, 2013
Happened to me for the first time after a game of Space Shuttle. Set the #2 local high score, and my PS3 froze upon returning to the main menu. Never had it before. Had to reset my PS3. Score was saved.

As I mentioned before, it happened to me on Taxi once, but just once, so it seems it can happen on every table, but rarely - I could live with that.
But on WW it happens EVERY time you make a local highscore + it is the only table where instructions doesn't work, since 1.12 (EU) update.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts