PS3 - Bug Game freezes after displaying high scores. (White Water, Pinbot)

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
Hey everyone. I just recently came across this bug and am wondering how widespread it is, as I haven't come across any threads on here that mention it.

Basically, I'll finish a game and then the high score screen will come up. When I try to press X to continue, the game won't let me and then eventually freezes completely. This is happening every game I play in White Water and just happened to me after playing Pinbot. What gives? Are there any solutions out there for this?

Finally, one lesser bug that occurs: the instruction text for White Water never shows up for me, more often than not. I can access the actual instruction section, but each page is just blank.

andy

Feb 22, 2012
hi zastian white water does it for me every time I get a high score pressing x does nothing and I have to reset the ps3 don't know yet about pinbot haven't played it for a few weeks but will do now to see whats happened with that 1. also I did tell FS this and they said it would be to hard to find the bug if there was 1 and it is a bug more ppl are saying its happen to them also on facebook page.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
hi zastian white water does it for me every time I get a high score pressing x does nothing and I have to reset the ps3 don't know yet about pinbot haven't played it for a few weeks but will do now to see whats happened with that 1. also I did tell FS this and they said it would be to hard to find the bug if there was 1 and it is a bug more ppl are saying its happen to them also on facebook page.

It's really an annoying bug since White Water is one of my all-time favorite tables, and it basically renders it unplayable. Who wants to have to do a hard reboot each and every time they play a table? And on top of that, your scores aren't saved.

I hope that there's a fix for this soon. I'm honestly quite shocked this kind of bug made it past QA testing. I've purchased both seasons so far and have quite enjoyed my time with the tables, but I'll be second guessing future purchases if game-breaking bugs like this one continue to exist.

Werner

Sep 13, 2013
Hi! I am having absolutely the same problem with White Water on PS3 (PinBot works for me). It makes the game unplayable in my opinion, since in most cases you generate a new high score when doing achievements. @andy: Maybe we should all post a bug report on facebook to make FS react sooner. Is it on the main facebook page of the game, or can you give us a link if there is a specific bug reporting page?

andy

Feb 22, 2012
@werner I have told FS 2 times about this bug and they said they would look into it but I few people have told me on fb that its the same for them on ww so I think the best thing for all of us to do go to fb and tell them again the more people that tell them the faster they will fix it I hope.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
@werner I have told FS 2 times about this bug and they said they would look into it but I few people have told me on fb that its the same for them on ww so I think the best thing for all of us to do go to fb and tell them again the more people that tell them the faster they will fix it I hope.
That won't help. The Facebook page is too much of a noise storm to be useful for any sort of bug tracking, and I don't think the FarSight staff doing the actual coding look at the Facebook page much anymore.

Probably the fastest approach at present is to post your bugs in either the designated bug thread in the relevant platform forum (if your bug affects most/all tables) or as a new bug thread in the appropriate table-specific forum (if your bug affects one/a few tables), then wait for me to notice them and put them in the master issues lists. FarSight developers periodically review these lists and add new issues to their own internal bug tracking systems.

As for the particular issue at hand, it's now recorded as Issue # 28-004 in Master Issues List: Whitewater.

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
Havent tried with Pinbot yet, but WW confirmed since 2.15 (it's really frustrating seeing that in 2.16 it still exists, but...). Thanks Sean for taking this off the user-talk-only level and putting on the right place...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Havent tried with Pinbot yet, but WW confirmed since 2.15 (it's really frustrating seeing that in 2.16 it still exists, but...). Thanks Sean for taking this off the user-talk-only level and putting on the right place...
You're welcome. I know with the PS3 having very lengthy submission cycles, it is not unusual for a bug to go 2 or 3 versions before a fix simply because the fix is not ready in time to make the immediately-next version's submission deadline.

DoX

May 3, 2013
I can also confirm these bugs, and add Taxi too. It happened few times, not always with Taxi. I'm using latest EU update (1.12) and I can tell for sure these things didn't happen before 1.11. Before 1.11 I played WW very often as it's one of my favorites, and never experienced these bugs. Once I had a problem when I should enter initials on Cactus Canyon, instead it switched to player 2, not allowing me to input initials. The game was for 1 player only, so it is a bug for sure. But it happened only once that I can remember.

One more thing - can someone tell me what is the difference between EU version 1.10 and 1.12? I don't see any improvements whatsoever, just above mentioned bugs.

PARALAX

Oct 3, 2013
Hello, all!

I've uploaded a video showing the both bugs on PS3. I hope it will help Fairsight Studios to find the bug as even complains on Facebook didn't help. They reportedly couldn't reproduce this bugs on their consoles but the fact is that many people have them like me and without saving the scores, this table is simply useless.:(

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I wonder if this is specific to the EU version--although zastien's location says "United States," which maybe shoots down this theory. Anyway I have the US version and don't think I've ever had this happen.

zastian

Sep 10, 2013
Hello, all!

I've uploaded a video showing the both bugs on PS3. I hope it will help Fairsight Studios to find the bug as even complains on Facebook didn't help. They reportedly couldn't reproduce this bugs on their consoles but the fact is that many people have them like me and without saving the scores, this table is simply useless.:(

This is exactly what happens to me too, and I'm in the States.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hopefully they can reproduce the bug because that's key to them being able to fix it. I'm not sure that FarSight's PS3 guy reads the forum very often so you might want to send them a link to your video in an email.

PARALAX

Oct 3, 2013
Hopefully they can reproduce the bug because that's key to them being able to fix it. I'm not sure that FarSight's PS3 guy reads the forum very often so you might want to send them a link to your video in an email.

I've posted this video on their Facebook-Site as well after claiming once again that they can't reproduce this behaviour. I hope that they will take this issue more seriously now to fix this with the next update.

The Taxi-Table works for me with no freezes or other issues but I couldn't test it with a new highscore and name entry.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've posted this video on their Facebook-Site as well after claiming once again that they can't reproduce this behaviour. I hope that they will take this issue more seriously now to fix this with the next update.

The Taxi-Table works for me with no freezes or other issues but I couldn't test it with a new highscore and name entry.

The key is to reproduce it. Your video does not give them a report on what's going on. They have to reproduce it so they can șee in the code what's actually happening.

PARALAX

Oct 3, 2013
The point is that there isn't any error code after rebooting the PS3 (except the 3x peebs). But this can't be an excuse not to inspect carefully what's responsible for this. Maybe it's depending from the PS3 model and or the installed games, apps or settings. I reinstall the game and even delete the highscores with no success. It would be helpful if everyone having this issue could give a list of their PS3 model (see on the back side) and installed software.

This is mine: CECH-2004A, 120GB stock HD (2008)
Installed Games: Flower, Dead Nation, Hustle Kings, Zen Pinball 2, Pinball Arcade
Settings: 2 different Accounts, No Plus Account, Current Firmware (4.50)

That's all for now

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I have a Slim and haven't yet got the problem. Hm. Also not sure how big a score I've managed on that table.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
One more thing - can someone tell me what is the difference between EU version 1.10 and 1.12? I don't see any improvements whatsoever, just above mentioned bugs.

1.11 brought the dual-stage flippers setting ON/OFF.

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
I have the same issue. I placed an highscore in White Water and the system freezes, resulting in my score being lost.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Are you guys with the freezes on the Pro version of White Water, or the regular one?

(I'm on the regular one, no freezes that I can recall.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts