Request General Wish List Thread

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Fair enough, and I too would not want anything to hinder Farsight's efforts to keep to their goals of getting out tables on as regular a schedule as possible. It was more a suggestion than a wish ,I guess , for further down the road to possibly interest more players, young and older, who find themselves in similar situations as Beelzebozo outlined very well and are unfamiliar with the more sophisticated pinball machines ( I played in a similar way when younger as well ;) ). Some may not seek out support much beyond the app or game itself if they are finding it 'too difficult',uncertain what they are doing,and eventually uninteresting at first . I know I've purchased quite a few apps that I've either deleted or not opened again for similar reasons. Just my 2 cents though.

Thanks also , for the link . Entertaining and helpful videos for sure !:D

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I would like to offer a different point of view concerning access to the operator's menu. While I would like some more control over the table settings, it makes controlled competition potentially very difficult. At the vpforums.org community we have a high score thread in which scores are posted via a screenshot and on good faith that factory settings were used. Then we have usually more than one version of a table, sometimes even by the same author who updated his work a couple of times. So you see ow quickly it becomes a tedious process of keeping track of who scores what on which table. Maybe Farsight could distinguish between locked "tournament"-style tables and free to adjust tables on which made scores don't count towards the high score lists. I must admit that it is fun to play with all the different settings. N
Then for the argument of introducing training modes: offcourse you could choose not to use them but they detract from which I think is a core element of enjoying pinball and that is to reach difficult (end) modes through just playing the machines over and over. Just playing the tables can be training, sometimes I play games especially to master a particular shot. Anyway, just my opinion.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Presumably for online tournaments the tables' current settings would be overridden with a fixed configuration that would be the same for everybody. It would be a pain to have to manually adjust your table to tournament settings every time you wanted to enter a tournament and then back again after you finished.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
He's a wish list item: gumballs in the gumball machine inside Twilight Zone (when it comes out). Most common mod ever (other than upgrading to super bright LEDs, which isn't really a mod, more like an upgrade), and seriously, who wants to see an empty gumball machine? Make it a toggle in the table menu, so "purists" can turn it off if they want.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
After getting the new update I really want to see per-table camera angles get some more focus. Neither of the new tables (Creature from the Black Lagoon, Black Knight - on iOS) are suited to the default. Prior to this update the only table I would change angle on was Funhouse (2 seems to be best to me for a proper view of the angles), but these I found Creature to be utterly unengaging because of the ramps (there's still too much crap on the playfield, but at least I can play it with a higher angle) and with Black Knight your view of the flippers on the upper level is impeded.

The main issue isn't convenience, but the fact that you have two angles: plunger and play, so the only way you can change in-game is to mess with it whilst playing. Basically blowing a game just to set the camera angle. Either have a separate per-game start angle setting routine or a different default angle for each table determined by Farsight to work best. With these in place I could live without saving it in case there's some technical reason (save data space or format) we don't already have it.

Being able to relocate on-screen buttons for those games that use them would also be nice.

Just wanted to restate to keep some focus on this thread for the Farsight folk who read the forum.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
After getting the new update I really want to see per-table camera angles get some more focus. Neither of the new tables (Creature from the Black Lagoon, Black Knight - on iOS) are suited to the default. Prior to this update the only table I would change angle on was Funhouse (2 seems to be best to me for a proper view of the angles), but these I found Creature to be utterly unengaging because of the ramps (there's still too much crap on the playfield, but at least I can play it with a higher angle) and with Black Knight your view of the flippers on the upper level is impeded.

The main issue isn't convenience, but the fact that you have two angles: plunger and play, so the only way you can change in-game is to mess with it whilst playing. Basically blowing a game just to set the camera angle. Either have a separate per-game start angle setting routine or a different default angle for each table determined by Farsight to work best. With these in place I could live without saving it in case there's some technical reason (save data space or format) we don't already have it.

Being able to relocate on-screen buttons for those games that use them would also be nice.

Just wanted to restate to keep some focus on this thread for the Farsight folk who read the forum.

I agree there should be per-table camera setting saves.

I don't agree with the negative things you've being writing about Creature. CFTBL is a fantastic table, and as someone who regularly goes and plays the real thing at a real arcade, I don't want anyone else getting the wrong impression. I know, "to each their own", but really, pinball is one place where the general consensus actually tends to be pretty close to right (which is incredibly rare), and CFTBL is currently #18 on IPBD, and #17 on the Pinside Top 100. And I think it's just slightly underrated, I'd put it about #14/#15.

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
I hope you'll forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but I do have one request for the game: Improved ball visibility. It's not too much of a problem on PS3, but I find I can barely see the thing on smaller screens (Vita, iOS, Android).

Personally, I'd really like to see a toggle option for "glow ball" or "ball contrail" or something like that just to make it easier to see the ball on smaller screens.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I hope you'll forgive me for not reading the whole thread, but I do have one request for the game: Improved ball visibility. It's not too much of a problem on PS3, but I find I can barely see the thing on smaller screens (Vita, iOS, Android).

Personally, I'd really like to see a toggle option for "glow ball" or "ball contrail" or something like that just to make it easier to see the ball on smaller screens.
CFTBL is on PS3? Damn MS! You triple screwed up this time!

Groni

Jul 19, 2012

This has nothing to do with simulation what FS wants to do. Glowing Ball and effects like that makes good simulations to unreal videogames.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This has nothing to do with simulation what FS wants to do. Glowing Ball and effects like that makes good simulations to unreal videogames.
I have no trouble seeing the ball whatsoever, even when I play on one of the smallest screens possible. The only time I'd like to see glowing balls is if they did Viper Night Drivin'. This supported rubber, neon green balls instead of the familiar steel ones, though I've never seen a Viper that used them.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I agree there should be per-table camera setting saves.

I don't agree with the negative things you've being writing about Creature. CFTBL is a fantastic table, and as someone who regularly goes and plays the real thing at a real arcade, I don't want anyone else getting the wrong impression. I know, "to each their own", but really, pinball is one place where the general consensus actually tends to be pretty close to right (which is incredibly rare), and CFTBL is currently #18 on IPBD, and #17 on the Pinside Top 100. And I think it's just slightly underrated, I'd put it about #14/#15.

It's the default camera angle that largely informed that opinion. After a few more plays I'm enjoying it better, but I think it will remain one of the weaker tables in the collection for me.

Gadbury

Jul 20, 2012
- Add randomness to ball physics. I don't like absolute predictability. Perhaps the randomness could be a toggle-able option.

- Data East's Tales from the Crypt. Brilliant!

- Flipper response times on PS3. Vita version definitely feels more responsive.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
A couple additions I would like to see are:

1. Better flyer scan quality. It looks as if they scanned it for use with the iPad screen, but it's nearly impossible to read the text on a large HDTV. Looks to be about 800x600 instead of 1920px by whatever.
The flyers are a big part of the table history IMO and to bump up the resolution should still keep the file size under 1MB

2. Adding the Ball "clank" sound during multiball when two or more balls collide with each other.

I also agree with being able to play your own music and this would also take care of the "arcade ambience" suggestion when playing the publicly available Arcade Ambience tracks.

As far as the table credit request, it does give table history/designer info at the start and most DMD tables let you enter a code to view full credit listings.

Also, I don't understand the "fully exit out of program" request.
I don't have any issues with my iPod Touch version when exiting out and restarting the app. You could always double tap the Home button and close it, but what would be the advantage?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'd like to see a superscore feature like Zen has, in which the highest scores on each table are added together, and compared with that of your friends. That gives incentive to master every table, rather than just your favorites.

Revlis Llab

Jul 31, 2012
I've played CV yesterday and there is only one whish (the bugs are already posted) please, please, please get rid of the f*ing zooming. It's such a nonsense and so useless. And if you guys feel it's necessary than please include an option to turn it off. you can call it: "playfield zoom - on/off" or "special zoom - on/off" or whatever but PLEASE - NO ZOOMING. it's so annoying when it zooms in during play. Maybe it's funny for a 5 year old to see the ringmaster all the time but for the most grown ups it's just useless and an unnecessary game-flow killer.

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please put in an option to turn off every zoom - Please with a lot of sugar.

Yours,
Revlis

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I've played CV yesterday and there is only one whish (the bugs are already posted) please, please, please get rid of the f*ing zooming. It's such a nonsense and so useless. And if you guys feel it's necessary than please include an option to turn it off. you can call it: "playfield zoom - on/off" or "special zoom - on/off" or whatever but PLEASE - NO ZOOMING. it's so annoying when it zooms in during play. Maybe it's funny for a 5 year old to see the ringmaster all the time but for the most grown ups it's just useless and an unnecessary game-flow killer.

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please put in an option to turn off every zoom - Please with a lot of sugar.

Yours,
Revlis

You can lock camera with x on xbox, square is it? (ps3),and in the settings tab, change multiball camera on and off. I have no zooming at all at the moment, and mainly use view 2.

Revlis Llab

Jul 31, 2012
Thx mate,

but i think you can't turn off the ringmaster zoom. There should be no zoom at all (or at least an option to turn it all off).

yours,
Revlis

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Just as a general remark, we can see who's posting on the left side of the post. No need to sign your posts :p

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts