Goodbye XBOX

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
My current phone has as high a screen resolution as my HDTV, and I can play it in portrait mode.

(Which is not to say that it's entirely at parity with a console: there are still occasional stuttering/performance issues on Android, especially if you haven't just rebooted the phone, and the ball rendering and lighting aren't as fancy. But the mobile platforms are gradually creeping up on the consoles for overall quality of experience.)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My current phone has as high a screen resolution as my HDTV, and I can play it in portrait mode.

(Which is not to say that it's entirely at parity with a console: there are still occasional stuttering/performance issues on Android, especially if you haven't just rebooted the phone, and the ball rendering and lighting aren't as fancy. But the mobile platforms are gradually creeping up on the consoles for overall quality of experience.)

High res is good, but sometimes size really does matter. :cool:

N

netizen

Yes, and playing on mobile over an HDMI adapter shows that we are nowhere near parity.

My Nexus 10 clocks a full 60 FPS over it's HDMI port and looks surprisingly good; nowhere near the PC version but still. Now if we just had native controller support ...

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
My X360 probably has a lot of good years left in it, considering I have 124 games for it, not counting all the digital releases, and not to mention how many games I already have for it that I still have yet to play:

stackofshame.jpg

(yeah image is mixed systems, but X360 obviously takes the majority)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Still have my original xbox hooked up in the front room, and it still gets played, so my 360 won't be getting packed away for a good while yet.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm not getting rid of my 360, but I've given up on TPA for it.

I never get rid of old gaming systems. I see no reason for it. In fact, I've bought a few older ones in recent years that I missed out on the first time around.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

I never get rid of old gaming systems. I see no reason for it. In fact, I've bought a few older ones in recent years that I missed out on the first time around.

Since the new XB1 isn't backwards compatible, you will need to keep it around to enjoy older games. I'm still on the fence for a next gen console but I will get too much enjoyment out of the games I have for X360 to dump it outright.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

I meant the OP mostly for TPA, though i must say it's not been plugged in since I move into my new place in sept.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m a real boofy !!! I said I wouldn`t get xbox 1. I pre ordered my ps4 which is coming early 2014. today I walked past a jb hi-fi store an noticed xbox 1 in the window. I looked at it, it looked at me, buy me was written all over it`s face. so I did. I bought forza 5,ryse son of rome,fifa 14 was thrown in for free. mate how good is it ? first thing I played was forza 5.new track fellas our BATHURST V8 MT. PANORAMA CIRCUIT. what a buzz, the graphics bloody brilliant !!!! forget xbox 360 doesn`t compare.only one thing is going to happen to my 360, gather dust !!!:cool:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I`m a real boofy !!! I said I wouldn`t get xbox 1. I pre ordered my ps4 which is coming early 2014. today I walked past a jb hi-fi store an noticed xbox 1 in the window. I looked at it, it looked at me, buy me was written all over it`s face. so I did. I bought forza 5,ryse son of rome,fifa 14 was thrown in for free. mate how good is it ? first thing I played was forza 5.new track fellas our BATHURST V8 MT. PANORAMA CIRCUIT. what a buzz, the graphics bloody brilliant !!!! forget xbox 360 doesn`t compare.only one thing is going to happen to my 360, gather dust !!!:cool:

Nice! Now we just need some info on the Xbox One version of TPA. I'm sure that Farsight is holding off on talking about it out of respect for the PS4 version, but I hope that we hear something soon!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Nice! Now we just need some info on the Xbox One version of TPA. I'm sure that Farsight is holding off on talking about it out of respect for the PS4 version, but I hope that we hear something soon!

So far all they've said is that they haven't gotten their dev kit yet from Microsoft. From the sounds of it none of the indie devs have gotten one yet.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Officially ID@Xbox is still in the planning stages and won't be active until early 2014 (they've announced that much). FarSight is one of the few devs pre-qualified for the program.

It probably has something to do with Microsoft needing to figure out how to turn retail xbones into devkits as well - the 2 devkits they got are probably real ones (at $10,000+ each), but they'll need more for testing and all that and to work out a deployment program so ID@Xbox doesn't turn into the mess that is XBLIA.

Face it - both consoles this gen are launched half-baked.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Officially ID@Xbox is still in the planning stages and won't be active until early 2014 (they've announced that much). FarSight is one of the few devs pre-qualified for the program.

It probably has something to do with Microsoft needing to figure out how to turn retail xbones into devkits as well - the 2 devkits they got are probably real ones (at $10,000+ each), but they'll need more for testing and all that and to work out a deployment program so ID@Xbox doesn't turn into the mess that is XBLIA.

Face it - both consoles this gen are launched half-baked.

I think people, me included, were thinking that this gen of consoles would have all of the features of the last gen plus better looking games. All of the features and apps that were rolled out over years of the PS3 lifetime I just thought would be the starting point for the PS4. The reality has been that the development time for the consoles was just too short to include everything that has been developed for the last gen consoles over their lifetime.

KaneRobot

Jun 7, 2013
My 360 is not going anywhere. I still have at least a dozen games I haven't even touched yet, a vast majority of which are better than anything that's available on the new consoles right now. No reason to move on.

That said, I won't be supporting Pinball Arcade from this point. On any platform. After FS made that announcement about the 360 self publishing, I was confident enough to purchase the tables for the 360 knowing I could complete my library on that platform. I had held out prior to that. Since that statement was inaccurate, apparently I wasted my money. I'm not buying the same tables on multiple platforms. Unless they come up with some way to bring our DLC over to a different platform of our choice (not happening, I know), I'm done with this fiasco.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My 360 is not going anywhere. I still have at least a dozen games I haven't even touched yet, a vast majority of which are better than anything that's available on the new consoles right now. No reason to move on.

That said, I won't be supporting Pinball Arcade from this point. On any platform. After FS made that announcement about the 360 self publishing, I was confident enough to purchase the tables for the 360 knowing I could complete my library on that platform. I had held out prior to that. Since that statement was inaccurate, apparently I wasted my money. I'm not buying the same tables on multiple platforms. Unless they come up with some way to bring our DLC over to a different platform of our choice (not happening, I know), I'm done with this fiasco.

You can still play the tables, so it's not really a waste.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Baron,

Try XCOM: Enemy Unknown

It will be much less of a waste then

Cheers man - I'm not really much of a gamer anymore, I used to be, but nowadays it's Pinball or Mame or various Emulators.
I only have 4 titles on the Xbox in 18 months, but I think I'm getting GTA V for Xmas, and my boy loves Lego star wars so it wasn't a total waste.

Members online

Members online