Head to Head Public Beta

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
New issue cropped up. Game crashes when you try the online play (head to head). But picking any other option in the main menu works normally.

V 1.55.10

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Tried the beta, had a few games with Xanija.....Had some of the usual difficulties but got in a few games. Timed games stop at 0 but the game crashes when it hits.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Now that the mlp tournament is over, been in the online lobby looking for matches. Seem to be have trouble getting games started.....Would get matches, but things seem to bog down.

Are the devs playing the game to see how it works first hand or just proof-reading the program? Just wondering....If they can try play the game, please do, as seeing these issues from our view could hopefully give a hint as to what is causing hang-ups in games starting. If they are already playing the game just disregard my last statement.

BTW, if I get into a timed match, I'll report what happened when the clock hits 0.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
I tried it also. But the online playing mode doesn`t seem to work. Or is there nobody out there to play? I got one opponent, but nothing happened.

Edit 01/21/2017; It worked today...played some online games...you have to wait a few minutes. Nice and thx to all who made this thing called TPA happen.

Last edited:

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Today morning I couldn`t get into the online mode. Nothing happened. From time to time, mostly in the evening (Central Europe Time) it seems to operate.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Update from last post:

Was able to get into a couple timed matches last night and the timer ran out, but no crash. Was taken back to the 'lobby' to look for more matches.

I'm thinking that when this is a finished product we'll get an actual number of people who are in the queue, but it seems to be harder to match up an opponent after you end a game.

Update: just had a timed match with dep, and the game crashed when the timer hit 0.

Last edited:

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Update from last post:

Was able to get into a couple timed matches last night and the timer ran out, but no crash. Was taken back to the 'lobby' to look for more matches.

I'm thinking that when this is a finished product we'll get an actual number of people who are in the queue, but it seems to be harder to match up an opponent after you end a game.

Update: just had a timed match with dep, and the game crashed when the timer hit 0.

Ok, online mode is not ok. Partly working, but pretty much a site. That is my conclusion. We depend on the goodwill of the developers. TPA ia great and deserves some "fine sanding".

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Is there any work currently done on this [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1387]Stephen Snow[/MENTION]?

This game mode is still not working very well, to be honest. I haven't seen any improvements for a while now.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Is there any work currently done on this [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1387]Stephen Snow[/MENTION]?

This game mode is still not working very well, to be honest. I haven't seen any improvements for a while now.

We haven't made any progress as we are tasked with other projects, we'll update when were back on it.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Just had some matches with a couple of the devs and were able to show them the crashing bug at the end of timed matches. They said they'll get to working on them next week.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
I tried the public head to head beta last night. Unfortunately no progression noticeable. It says: Match found...but nothing happened. Probably a network problem. I don`t know. No problem for me to wait until this mode is working better. Maybe you (the developers) need more time. Or an odd lot of people are wanting to play head to head. No blame only a statement. I`ll retry the head to head in 1-2 months. New tables and tournaments are more important for me. So keep on building your outstanding pinball-tables!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Ver 1.60.7 had something in it that makes selecting h2h to crash the game. But the update that just came out seems to restore h2h for DX11. Thanks a lot, FS.

thebarnman

Apr 13, 2017
How to play Head to Head...

Hi,

I read today there is some beta testing of Head to Head going on...in fact it was taking place earlier today, however I'm not using beta...I'm using version 1.60.8 DX 11 on Steam via Windows 7.

1. Is beta the only way to play "Head To Head" currently?

Right now when I click on "On line Play;" sometimes I see 1 in queue," but when I click on "Find a match;" I'm not connected to a game.

2. Is Head to Head ready for prime time? If not; when will it be available for everyone?

3. If I wanted to play a certain game with someone else; do I click on the game first then hit "Find A Match?" Or does clicking on "Find A Match" simply link you with just anyone with any random game?

Thanks

PS; I'm very excited about this as I've been waiting for Head to Head for what seems like at least a couple years.

Members online

Members online