Head to Head Public Beta

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I can only agree. I would seek a few players, add them to the Steam friend list and test some games. To make sure you get matched with certain players, just chat with some of them when you are available and agree on what kind of game/tables you want to play.

Since I'min Europe, I can test with you quite easily, as your office hours are in the afternoon/evening here. If you want, just add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/xanija/ -I'm sure, we will find some time. Just don't wait until the afternoon your time, as I might be sleeping then ;)

I'm sure, others here on the forum would love to help testing, too.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk

Stephen Snow

FarSight Employee
Oct 11, 2012
Stephen, how about setting up specific times that someone from FarSight will be logged on specifically for testing head to head? Be available for an hour twice a day for one week, post the times here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. Friend the people playing so Steam Messanger can be used with whoever you are playing against. That is how we are all communicating and why we know specifically what tables are being chosen and scores that should be viewed.

My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gr1dl0cK

Any of you that would like to add me please do, I'm available for 8-10 hours most days, and feel free to message if you'd like to play so we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks guys! I like the idea

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
A little update: Stephen and I had a testing session today and we could reproduce a lot of errors. He's currently looking to fix some code and we will test again today or tomorrow, depending how long it takes for him to get everything ready.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Cool, Steven. Just sent a friend invite. Hope to get in some games. If you don't already, you should post in the Steam TPA boards.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
[MENTION=384]dave950lam[/MENTION] , I don't suppose you played F-14 Tomcat for 346M today right? I haven't replicated* the issue with scores being posted to the wrong leaderboard, perhaps the UI beta branch is causing this?

*Yes those are the lowest scores I could attempt on each table, now we have an idea about each tables popularity.. with those who submit scores.

here they are sorted

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, didn't play F14 today. And the leaderboards are wonky all over board.

Just looked up the boards on TPA's site. Those seem to be correct, so it's a glitch on Steam's end.

Correction: It's a glitch in the beta edition.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Nice to see the beta is back. Getting a strange bug where when a match ends, the game crashes. Other times you go back to the lobby and you look for another match, the opponents HUD pops up and sometimes your HUD does too.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=789750387

Another little glitch is the countdown clock is blocked by the opponents HUD, except for the minutes (which is in blue text.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
With the release of Bone Busters Inc. H2H has been activated on the live version. I've been working with Stephen to iron out some more bugs, and it's working fairly decent at the moment. It's not perfect, and we all know it, but it has improved.

I would like to invite you to test H2H in the live version and note all bugs in this thread. Stephen will look here and try to squash as many bugs as possible before the next update. Please keep this constructive, Stephen is doing a lot on improving this game mode, which is already fun and will sure be even better in the future.

Known issues:

• The button for the game modes is currently not working correctly. After switching from "High Score" to "5 Min.", clicking on the button doesn't change to "10 Min." Instead it stays on "5 Min."
  • When the opponent finished the game, the player is not notified any more, when he has won the game (and could stop playing)
  • When starting a game, you might see the opponent's score of the last game he played, rather than the live score
  • Connection issues (players getting the message of "Game starting" - "Match found" - but the countdown doesn't start
  • Sometimes the end of game screen changes the opponent's score to the player's score.
  • The end game screen doesn't update the opponent's score, if he is still playing

Fixed issues:

• When starting a game the 2 players might end up playing on different tables
  • Message about having to purchase a table, although you own the table

If you run into any issues, which should be fixed, please note it in this thread. Same for new issues. Please give as many details as possible, how often issues occurred etc. Screenshots are useful as well.

Thanks. I will update this list with any new issues or fixes.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
We should get a new patch tomorrow morning (US time) which should solve these issues:

• The button for the game modes is currently not working correctly. After switching from "High Score" to "5 Min.", clicking on the button doesn't change to "10 Min." Instead it stays on "5 Min."
  • When starting a game, you might see the opponent's score of the last game he played, rather than the live score
  • Connection issues (players getting the message of "Game starting" - "Match found" - but the countdown doesn't start
  • Sometimes the end of game screen changes the opponent's score to the player's score.

If you still run into connection issues after the next patch, please add the specs of your machine as well as internet connection speed to a report.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Ok, I tried portrait mode, but it flips my screen on its side, but can flip the monitor, so have to keep landscape.

Btw, dx11 version 1.55.8

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The next update is on the open beta only, as FarSight didn't want to patch on a Friday - the current version is 1.55.10 in beta.

Please report any bugs in this thread, thanks.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Ok, here is some feedback/updates for the 1.55.10 Beta version:

Known issues:

• When the opponent finished the game, the player is not notified any more, when he has won the game (and could stop playing)
    (Improved in this version)
  • The end game screen doesn't update the opponent's score, if he is still playing
    (Improved in this version, you can now still see the HUD with the opponent's score)
  • In a 5 min. game after the countdown has ended, it restarted with 5:00 again. This has happened twice on The Addams family
    (New)
  • In the Lobby, the player count is not updating
    (New on the list, but already known)
  • Sometimes, HUD elements are still remaining on the screen after a game has ended
    (New on the list, but already known - more of an UI issue)
  • Not possible to exit the game other than draining the ball
    (New)
  • If Judge Dredd is the selected, it's possible to select either normal game or Super game. Each player can select independently, so one player could end up playing normal, while the other is playing Super game. Probably the same with Safe Cracker.
    (New)
  • Opponent's score HUD is blocking the view of the flippers in smaller resolutions.
    (New on the list, but already known)

Fixed issues:

(Cycling through the modes is still a bit messed, as it cycles like this: "High Score" - "10 Minutes" - "High Score" - "5 Min." "10 min")
  • When starting a game the 2 players might end up playing on different tables
  • Message about having to purchase a table, although you own the table

Feature wishlist

• In the lobby, have an option to see, who are the other players
  • Give players an opportunity to challenge a specific player in the lobby
  • Show, which ball # the opponent is playing
  • Change the orb's colour to green, if the opponent has finished playing and the player is in the lead (=has won the game already)
  • Show in the lobby, how many players are currently playing this mode in total. Otherwise there will always the impression of nobody being online.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
One more thing: Dave noticed in a stream, that the opponent's point HUD is transparent, when the screen was in portrait mode. I tried it myself, and this occurred as well (I didn't change any settings). But it also lead to an error with the opponent's name. Please see yourself:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Version 1.55.10 has been brought live. Currently there is no new Beta version. Please keep on testing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.