Head to Head Public Beta

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Wait, what? Final update? I'm scared.

The next build should resolve all connection issues. If they do persist, I'll pull it until it gets fixed.

If it is really a final version as in release candidate, it needs massive improvements.

I really hope you guys don't stop (again) halfway in development, it would be a wasted chance.

Online Play is going to be updated overtime. We plan to add additional features like match making with friends and an online ranking systems.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The next build should resolve all connection issues. If they do persist, I'll pull it until it gets fixed.

Online Play is going to be updated overtime. We plan to add additional features like match making with friends and an online ranking systems.

To be honest, I don't feel like I did really betatest this mode. It wasn't working most of the time. Shouldn't we be testing a version, where we actually can test the gameplay rather than reporting: We couldn't test because we couldn't connect to a game?

"I have a bad feeling about this. "

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
When will the the update be released? The current version has turned many players away from beta testing. Last Thursday's twitchstream could've been a good time to try the beta.

nichts

May 9, 2016
Are you guys still working on this stuff?
A "final update" was announced over 2 weeks ago.
Can't find any players on the beta-version.
:confused:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Hahaha, people still think Farsight is actually working in some sort of planned structural and reliable way.
Adorable.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Just had a game with VirtualPinballFanatic (Steam name) of Medieval Madness, 5 minute. But when the game ended, tpa crashed (First time that happened). We tried to have another game but ran into the problems that have already been mentioned.

Still having the problem where the opponents score blocks the view of the left flipper.

Aug 31, 2016
Just had a game with VirtualPinballFanatic (Steam name) of Medieval Madness, 5 minute. But when the game ended, tpa crashed (First time that happened). We tried to have another game but ran into the problems that have already been mentioned.

Still having the problem where the opponents score blocks the view of the left flipper.

Like dave950lam just mentioned, had a fun game, but at the end, I saw my final score, but opponents score was 0. After trying for a new game I got a match but on the match popup it stated 'VirtualPinballFanatic vs '.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
The update seems to be a little better, which btw is with the regular version. Still some hang ups getting games going, but I'm seeing lots of unfamiliar screen names that I get matched with.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Would have been cool to have read about it in the release notes or in the newsletter... FarSight certainly knows how to keep a secret ;)

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Just had a game here take a look:

596FA3F183D6DB3E8885EB6AAFA9F2F015EE0BFC

See anything weird? As you see, I was playing Gorgar and when my game ended, the music from Fish Tales came up. I think my opponent was playing Fish Tales.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
That's an interesting twist in H2H: Both players compete in different games. Innovative! ;)

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I also wanted to point out how the opponents score covers the left flipper. Can you make that smaller and move it to the upper right corner?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Seems like it's been deactivated on the live version again. There was a patch today, version is 1.54.9 now.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Just realized something......It may be hard to move the opponents UI, but could you shorten it by an inch? It would better the view of the flipper yet have enough room to handle a titanic battle that might hit the trillions.

Also, +1 on the H2H being disabled....Bummer, was having a lot of fun playing. Hope it will be back soon.

Last edited:

Jeffery Fro Hunt

Oct 3, 2016
I may be a little late to this party, but I was playing the H2H this Sunday & although the wait times were unpredictable at times, when it DID fire up and play, it was a blast! I had crash issues when someone had chosen a table that I did not yet own, but I got to play abot a dozen games out of the couple dozen attempts I made. I had issues if I did not let it sit after choosing but when I left it alone most of the time it would cycle into the game. I was a bit impatient at first, and was clicking around willy-nilly, but once I chilled, it worked much better. I even had a few back-to-back matches with "gigi" , but the games I tried to get into with "ElvisPlate" were tables I do not own yet, so the game crashed instead of playing. Then I went here, to the forum , to give feedback, but by the time I registered and all, it had disappeared as a playable option. (H2H, that is) Looking forward to playing more H2H in the future and to the developers I would like to say: Thanx and congrats!!

Jeffery Fro Hunt

Oct 3, 2016
That's an interesting twist in H2H: Both players compete in different games. Innovative! ;)

I do not see how this would be sporty, the way the score structures vary so widely, but I did not think different games was an option when I was playing, I think my opponent and me were on the same games.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

245785_5_.jpg

I do not see how this would be sporty, the way the score structures vary so widely, but I did not think different games was an option when I was playing, I think my opponent and me were on the same games.

It seems a glitch was connecting 2 players for H2H that were on different tables

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Just realized something......It may be hard to move the opponents UI, but could you shorten it by an inch? It would better the view of the flipper yet have enough room to handle a titanic battle that might hit the trillions.

Also, +1 on the H2H being disabled....Bummer, was having a lot of fun playing. Hope it will be back soon.

I had a game with you the other day, we were on a Elvira table, really enjoying the game, then up to about 50 mill, you were a bit ahead and i crashed out to desktop, was really enjoying it to, funny how something as simple as seeing a score from another live player makes a playthorugh much more intense and fun. lol

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Definitely, Firefox. I do remember playing you and all the other folks I had a game with (and those who we tried to get a game with). Pinball is much better when competing against someone.

Flippyfloppy, any chance you reconsidering unpulling the h2h beta? TPA isn't the same without it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.