Head to Head Public Beta

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Screen overlays and various other things don't appear when you're playing a regular game with the Beta installed.

Absolutely the worst (and the reason I've uninstalled the Beta) is that after un-pausing a game, the 3-second countdown doesn't appear on-screen and the game just stays paused forever. Only way out is to go back into the pause menu and select Exit Game.

Also the Goals popups don't appear.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I'm not sure why you wouldn't think that's something we know how to do, I don't deal with the emulation programming, but since we have the coin door functioning, and one of the things you can change in the coin door is balls per game, we can definitely set those.

I get it now - you could set the ball count within the operator's menu, then save that as a separate ROM starting state to be used for head-to-head play.

So never mind head-to-head -- just do the same thing to give us a decent tournament mode setup for tourneys!

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I get it now - you could set the ball count within the operator's menu, then save that as a separate ROM starting state to be used for head-to-head play.

So never mind head-to-head -- just do the same thing to give us a decent tournament mode setup for tourneys!
Yes! One ball with no extra balls earned. If you retry, it should erase your current score permanently for a risk/reward scenario. I'd settle for 1 ball tourneys.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'd settle for 1 ball tourneys.
Yuck, I wouldn't. (Wait, PAPA didn't start doing one-ball tourneys when I wasn't looking, did they?) If it helps, several tables with big bonuses + big bonus X's offer a substantial reward if you get through the entire 20 minutes without losing a ball: CC, MM, maybe AFM come to mind. :)

Stephen Snow

FarSight Employee
Oct 11, 2012
Hey everyone, we're working on getting the issue with the beta that's out there right now resolved... we should have a playable beta with all of these fixes in for you by the end of the day, I'll keep you posted, sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks again for participating, the feedback you guys provide is truly invaluable. We're hoping to have a lot more people playing in this public beta at some point so we can determine if there will be any issues with server load before release.

Stephen Snow

FarSight Employee
Oct 11, 2012
Alright everyone, we just submitted version 1.52.9, which should allow you all to start testing again, please use this thread to let us know what issues you guys are seeing as normal.

Thanks!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for the update news, Stephen. But I noticed a lot less participating in the beta due to the tournament (which I also stopped testing because of lull), so things should pick up on Friday.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey everybody, I'm gonna be in the H2H beta for the next half hour if you'd like to give it a go.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Good, because I'm still having issues connecting with other players!

Had another idea for a mode that would be fun...King of the Hill. Player picks table, and sees how many matches they can go before someone beats them. It would have to be timed, probably 5 minutes, just so many matches could be played. A stat of some sort could be attached to the player showing their win total. That way you could challenge the champ to a match even. I know, FarSight isn't looking for more modes, but this is the kind of thing that would keep people jumping back into H2H.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I only see "test release" and "Public UI Beta", but not "Public Beta". Isn't the Public UI Beta the outdated one? I don't want to activate this unless someone tells me this is the correct one.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'm playing with an XBox360 Controller at the moment via Steam Link.

The navigation is very slow (the pointer movement speed, scrolling through the table list and feedback when pressing a button) when I enter H2H mode. It happens both when playing in normal mode as well as in Steam Big Picture mode. Navigation outside of H2H works fine.

Last edited:

FredoSonofGodfather

Aug 12, 2016
Hi Nate, we are working on this connection issue now, with one untested beta patch on hand. Give us some time and we will make sure the next beta patch hopefully addresses the 'never does anything' issue....

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
After some match-up issues, was able to have a couple games with ZOGSLAYER. We had to exit and restart tpa a couple times but that's not a new problem. Hopefully today's update will fix some of the problems.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Could do one match with dave today, but it was not possible to start another game. Quite often I got the message "Match found Xanija vs dave950lam", Starting... but nothing happened.

The one game was working nicely, I could see his score. Would be nice to see, which ball # he is playing. I didn't get a message when he was finished while I was still playing, being in the lead. Would be good to know, then I could have stopped playing and start a new match.

The mode itself was more fun than I expected.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Could do one match with dave today, but it was not possible to start another game. Quite often I got the message "Match found Xanija vs dave950lam", Starting... but nothing happened.

The one game was working nicely, I could see his score. Would be nice to see, which ball # he is playing. I didn't get a message when he was finished while I was still playing, being in the lead. Would be good to know, then I could have stopped playing and start a new match.

The mode itself was more fun than I expected.

That's been pretty much my experience to the letter. Same wants too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts