High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm not sure what Mad07 is referring to either with the areas he marked on his pic of TCP above as those areas look the same on both my Galaxy S4 (with the High LOD build installed) and my iPad 4.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
circus voltaire
are there are no lights available? It's dark all time. I believe in the old version., I have recognized lamps, isn't it?
a4epusyd.jpg

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
circus voltaire
are there are no lights available?

The lights are there (and appear to be on), but there is no baked-in lighting present on iOS either so I assume that won't be implemented as that's an art issue and Ryan already stated that he has no control over art issues.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
thanks PinWiz ;)

Np...I also have to add that The Pinball Arcade (as well as everything else) looks a touch crisper and runs liquid smooth (as opposed to butter smooth) running on Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)...very nice upgrade for Android users as it pertains to how smooth apps run. :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Ryan - you may have already got it, but you didn't acknowledge in tonight's posts.
Scared Stiff Backglass spider isn't rotating in this build.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
is it rotating in the build that is live now? I didn't update the table that doesn't make a lot of sense =\

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
i don't think so no, also spider confirmed. Believed it or not it was an alpha issue (that spider was a flat image not a model)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
i don't think so no, also spider confirmed. Believed it or not it was an alpha issue (that spider was a flat image not a model)

Hah, well there you go.

Perhaps if Mike has a chance sometime before pack 24 goes out, he might be able to push them into the older tables. Again, not sure how easy or hard that is to do, so only if time permits.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hah, well there you go.

Perhaps if Mike has a chance sometime before pack 24 goes out, he might be able to push them into the older tables. Again, not sure how easy or hard that is to do, so only if time permits.

The roll-over animations should already be hooked for all tables. Ryan would need to update the res files for the rest of the past tables which means a significant amount of re-downloads for the next public release and I'm not sure if he wants to do them all at once.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The roll-over animations should already be hooked for all tables. Ryan would need to update the res files for the rest of the past tables which means a significant amount of re-downloads for the next public release and I'm not sure if he wants to do them all at once.

Yeah that would be undesirable. I was making my comments based on what I saw in BoP.

Maybe an staged release approach would be better over a few releases?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Is there a significant file size change for the table download?

No barely any -
Eg-
TZ - norm lod = 19.24mb
TZ - high lod = 19.25mb

Most rez files are unchanged in size - its the apk file controlling visibility of items, so they were there as a resource previously but not turned on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.